Being gold digger is a national program

Between this, and the "swimming causes pregnancy", "Covid-19 is a different virus than SARS-CoV-2", I'm having trouble keeping up with who in gov't said the stupidest thing this week....

While such a blunt and half-assed approach to social engineering is unlikely to produce results, there is a kernel of truth at the heart of his advice. I've read that one reason economic inequality is increasing in the US is that wealthier men used to "marry down" economically more often because they didn't expect much of their wives in terms of education or status. So a bank president might marry his receptionist or the cashier at his favorite corner store. That would be unremarkable.

Now that American women have greater opportunities, which are concentrated in middle class households and above, an educated man with high earning potential expects to marry an educated woman with similar career attributes. Instead of his secretary, that banker is now marrying a fellow classmate from Harvard Business School. So, wealth is becoming more concentrated.

Or so I've read, anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao