Bandar Lampung

PaulDG888

Hello Everyone,

Im a british citizen with Australian permanent residency, planning on marrying a Woman from Bandar Lampung, im intending on living in Lampung towards the middle of next year 2020 and obviously marrying first.

If anyone out there is in this area it would be great to catch up with any expats from Australia or the UK for drinks, dinner or anything that suits.

Would be nice to have someone else there that will be able to help me with the process of of any requirements i will be needing.

My future wife speaks very good english and is always a big help, but also nice to have "someone" else to talk too.

See you soon
Paul

Americans speak a closer to 18th century version of English. The British and Australians have deviated more in their language.

Thats the only English you'll hear here in Bali.

Even many locals speak better English than Aussies and Americans...

Spoken by a frog !

Yep, I speak English and from the USA. The one that all English speakers in the world can understand unlike the other Englishes where everyone keeps saying, what, what, what. Spelling, I really don't care because even the ones who whine about it still know what it says. They just like to whine I guess.

Welcome to Bandar Lampung when you get here Paul. I am available to give any assistance I am able to for you. My wife also speaks English but taught by the UK consulate before moving to Hong Kong some years ago. I have done what I could to make her English more understandable so she will be fine with other English speakers. If another Indonesian speaks English, my wife will speak English to them.

You will be coming to a city with few Expats and frankly, that is a blessing at times. 5 or 6 permanent, contractual, or temporary with teaching. 2 Perminate that I know of.

City keeps growing with services and large retail outlets. Traffic is growing with it. The new toll roads have cut down travel time to the port or North towards Palembang. When the toll is completed, travel to Palembang from Bandar Lampung they say will be three hours. Probably more like 4 but a far cry better than the 9 to 10 hours now. Train to Palembang is also 10 hours of multiple stops. More and more decent restaurants that actually have walls, doors and no wheels are popping up. A lot of food choices except Western. The big kick right now is Japanese that have no relationship to actual Japanese food.

If looking for housing, try to stick with the housing complexes if for nothing else the added security. Doesn't matter where you are from, you always need to look out for security, especially an expat. Rent for house here are 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of renting in Jakarta. Food is less too. Great pace for fixed income people.

People are for the most part friendly and I have found the city to be very tolerant of others. Besides multitudes of Mosque on every corner it seems, there are many Batak Christian churches, Indonesian Christian Churches, and Catholic Churches. None have ever had a problem with anyone as far as I have ever heard. There are even a few being remodeled and no nut cases from Jakarta have showed up to say they can't.

let me know if I can help you out. Hope you can understand my foreign English OK.

Yep, I speak English and from the USA. The one that all English speakers in the world can understand unlike the other Englishes where everyone keeps saying, what, what, what. Spelling, I really don't care because even the ones who whine about it still know what it says. They just like to whine I guess.

Welcome to Bandar Lampung when you get here Paul. I am available to give any assistance I am able to for you. My wife also speaks English but taught by the UK consulate before moving to Hong Kong some years ago. I have done what I could to make her English more understandable so she will be fine with other English speakers. If another Indonesian speaks English, my wife will speak English to them.

You will be coming to a city with few Expats and frankly, that is a blessing at times. 5 or 6 permanent, contractual, or temporary with teaching. 2 Perminate that I know of.

City keeps growing with services and large retail outlets. Traffic is growing with it. The new toll roads have cut down travel time to the port or North towards Palembang. When the toll is completed, travel to Palembang from Bandar Lampung they say will be three hours. Probably more like 4 but a far cry better than the 9 to 10 hours now. Train to Palembang is also 10 hours of multiple stops. More and more decent restaurants that actually have walls, doors and no wheels are popping up. A lot of food choices except Western. The big kick right now is Japanese that have no relationship to actual Japanese food.

If looking for housing, try to stick with the housing complexes if for nothing else the added security. Doesn't matter where you are from, you always need to look out for security, especially an expat. Rent for house here are 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of renting in Jakarta. Food is less too. Great pace for fixed income people.

People are for the most part friendly and I have found the city to be very tolerant of others. Besides multitudes of Mosque on every corner it seems, there are many Batak Christian churches, Indonesian Christian Churches, and Catholic Churches. None have ever had a problem with anyone as far as I have ever heard. There are even a few being remodeled and no nut cases from Jakarta have showed up to say they can't.

let me know if I can help you out. Hope you can understand my foreign English OK.
Thanks fastpitch17 for the information, i will talk with you more via PM

Thats the only English you'll hear here in Bali.

Even many locals speak better English than Aussies and Americans...

Spoken by a frog !
I think I understand most of it. Whether I catch it correctly is a different matter.

Now, this guy I really struggle with. I think he’s talking about some sheep?

Yeah, and of the advantage of wearing rubber boots; it seems you won’t lose a sheep when you ......

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Catur88
Back