Aviation info.

BA is one of the worst airlines in the world so it wouldn't surprise me that they order a plane that no-one will fly on.

The Maxes are selling at a rate that exceeded the rate they fall out of the sky.

In other news Bloomberg's ranking of
The 10 Worst Airlines of 2019
  • 63. Adria Airways (67%)
  • 64. Aerolineas Argentinas (80%)
  • 65. Transavia (62%)
  • 66. Laudamotion (51%)
  • 67. Norwegian (70%)
  • 68. Ryanair (65%)
  • 69. Korean Air (69%)
  • 70. Kuwait Airways (42%)
  • 71. EasyJet (67%)
  • 72. Thomas Cook Airlines (57%)
BA did not make this shit list, which is not to say they are not less than sterling, but the race to the bottom, it seems, is very competitive.

If American Airlines ends up on 2nd place after Qatar, I don't really take such a survey serious anymore. Or is it just a very limited measurement on delays?

Among the 72 airlines for which the company has statistically significant data, AirHelp rated them by on-time performance, service quality, and claim processing, with each category weighed equally.

There is more, but this is the summary of the ratings at Bloomberg News.

I guess the survey is limited to high traffic, major airports and airlines. The people of Somalia must be very hurt that Mogadishu airport did not win a worst airport prize, And there are quite a few other airports scattered across Africa and other parts of the world and any number of airlines that would make those on this list look positively brilliant. And I would have thought Lion Air's standard delays would have got them some recognition.

Interesting to see Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India rated as one of the 10 best airports in 2019. I recall in the 80s that a survey asserted that not one Indian airport was up to international standards and Air India dealt with a crisis by having the Chief pilot gaoled for refusing to roster crews in a locally assembled aircraft saying that if one engine failed the other would not have enough power to keep the plane in the air. There had been a couple of horrific crashes with this same Indian assembled aircraft.

Ahh well. Hope for the best and expect the worst.

Yes I guess we need to take all these surveys with a grain of salt. When I was in New Delhi I got major issues and got treated as a terrorist because the label of my handbag was missing. If they would have surveyed me then it would nit have been that positive either. But I can always live with the statement that all New York / Jersey airports suck.

Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?

BA is one of the worst airlines in the world

I remember that for work, we took Virgin Atlantic from London to Los Angeles to avoid BA, KLM and the likes. They only had the thick leather seats ? in business class while Virgin already had the flat beds you see everywhere now. We were born too early...

Wow, I knew Indonesian aviation has been booming in the past decade and a half, but I didn't think it was this big.

Indonesia now has the 5th busiest international route: Jakarta - Kuala Lumpur, with 19,741 flights annually.

It also has 3 (!) of the top 20 busiest domestic routes in the world:

Jakarta – Surabaya: 37,762 flights (#8)
Jakarta – Denpasar: 31,958 flights (#14)
Jakarta – Makassar: 28,903 flights (#18)

Source: Forbes

If you consider from a CO2 perspective taking a flight is similar to driving a car for a year: Can you imagine what a high speed train ? could mean between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur?

If you consider from a CO2 perspective taking a flight is similar to driving a car for a year: Can you imagine what a high speed train ? could mean between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur?
At a quick glance it looks like more than half the routes with over 30k flights a year are also connected by land, in the same country, and without any huge mountain range or other natural barrier. High speed trains everywhere!

The joys of travel and new infrastructure.
Mother in Law living on the eastern side of Bandung's CBD was off to Palembang last week for a wedding. Flight out was from the old airport and because of heavy traffic across town an hour's drive. Returned this week via the new airport Kertajati Sertajat. The actual duration of the flight itself is about and hour but notwithstanding that returning home via the toll did not require passing through the CBD it took over two hours. It also cost $20 for the toll fee and petrol costs. As an elderly person using a walking frame she has vowed that is the last trip she will make using the new airport

Progress; looks forward to 5 more years of similar infrastructure improvements?

People I know in Bandung all state they prefer to fly out of Jakarta. Talking about overshooting....

High speed trains everywhe

By keeping the Boeing 737 MAX on the ground, Emirates (Dubai) is forced to make maximum use of its other planes. This is why the Airbus A380, the largest aircraft in the world, is used on a flight of barely forty minutes between Dubai and Oman.

The trip of barely 340 km is the shortest distance in the world where this double-decker is deployed. The flights started on July 1, after sister company FlyDubai had to keep eight 737 MAX planes on the ground and had scrapped their flights.

The good thing is that Emirates lowered the frequency from five to three daily.

NB: The flights between Dubai and Oman are very popular, since several countries in the region introduced a boycott against Qatar.

Garuda is blundering a bit.

They announced that they wanted to sue a Vlogger because he was so negative about the flight from Sydney - Jakarta via Bali.

In business class there was not enough wine. Something of 3 bottles of champagne for 40 people or so and everyone only got one glass of red and white. ?

Indonesian style of an introduction to what they can expect in restaurants and shops; habis! kosong!

Here is a part of the video:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiatestaging
Back