Apple iPhone 5s battery problem

Vicissidude

Charter Member
Cager
Samsung has had their own battery issues; I am not convinced they are any more reliable than Apple.

Now you tell me ;)

I'm surprised that didn't happen with me actually. The first time I came to Indonesia, I had my first iPhone and no one here had seen anything like it. Now I can't keep up with all my tech savvy friends and even young students. I feel about as smart as that toddler in the article.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I wonder which other Chinese phones besides Huawei will be put on a blacklist by the FBI etc.?

About the Huawei news bomb:
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/14/technology/huawei-intelligence-chiefs/index.html

That recent Google news is really kind of huge.

I mean, if you can't get Gmail, YouTube etc. anymore on your Huawei phone?

Even if it is a non issue for the current phones, I think everybody outside of China will think twice now before acquiring one.

And bad timing too, with the marketing action for the new (and very good) P30 Pro.

We will see, perhaps it's just a pressure measure in the trade war. Otherwise the Chinese might have to develop and push their own Operating System.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Trump has backed off on the Huawei ban; Google has followed suite -- crisis averted for the time being.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Isn’t that temporary though? It seems delay of execution...

On Monday, the Commerce Department granted Huawei a license to buy U.S. goods until Aug. 19 to maintain existing telecoms networks and provide software updates to Huawei smartphones, a move intended to give telecom operators that rely on Huawei time to make other arrangements.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Yes, temporary, but have you noticed that almost everything with Trump is temporary. Good only until the next tweet.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
See further this thread:

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseball1
Top Bottom