A ray of sunshine in the Covid Gloom

harryopal1

Perhaps there is a God in heaven after all. The really good news is that Australia is ahead of the Poms in the medal tally at the Tokoyo Olympics.
COUNTRYGoldSilverBronzeTOTAL
8567.png

China
8624.png

Japan
8705.png

United States
41892.png

ROC
8547.png

Australia
8598.png

Great Britain

This is payback for all the jibes about Convicts and Colonials whenever visiting Britain. The only thing worse is on those rare occasions when then Poms win the Ashes. (No malice intended.)

In case any English persons feel a bit wounded by the above then here is a little salt to rub into the wound. Shane Warne's first ball in Test Cricket.

Wow! Mine was just a friendly jibe but ... ".. YER VEGEMITE'S SHIT!"

That is below the belt, Sir.
I know, right? Vegemite is clearly superior, as it's name sounds slightly less like an industrial cleaning product. More like an off-off-off-off-off-brand superhero, is Vegemite.

I know, right? Vegemite is clearly superior, as it's name sounds slightly less like an industrial cleaning product. More like an off-off-off-off-off-brand superhero, is Vegemite.
Bovril kick arse every time :flame:

Proudly announcing I have not seen even a 5 second clip of the weird sporting thing going on (life is far too precious )- but am curious: ROC? where is that?...
never mind, Om Google knew that it was the Russians, evading or is it avoiding lines drawn...

What the feck is this cricket shite y'all are talking about? Don't you know the Phillipines won their first gold medal in looks it up a very, very long time.

What the feck is this cricket shite y'all are talking about? Don't you know the Phillipines won their first gold medal in looks it up a very, very long time.
How to explain cricket? A challenge beyond me. Perhaps one of the English chaps could help out here.

How to explain cricket? A challenge beyond me. Perhaps one of the English chaps could help out here.
6 sticks 2 bats & a ball.
then there are slips, silly mid ons, ball tampering, badgers, ducks, dead bats, flamingo shots, donkey drops... it is much like a visit to the zoo really, the best part is lazing around on the grass, watching & having a picnic .

6 sticks 2 bats & a ball.
then there are slips, silly mid ons, ball tampering, badgers, ducks, dead bats, flamingo shots, donkey drops... it is much like a visit to the zoo really, the best part is lazing around on the grass, watching & having a picnic .
You forgot to mention the four little bits that sit on top of the sticks or the niceties of bowling a maiden over.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the nature of test cricket which is played for five days until it rains and is then called a draw

Proudly announcing I have not seen even a 5 second clip of the weird sporting thing going on (life is far too precious )- but am curious: ROC? where is that?...
never mind, Om Google knew that it was the Russians, evading or is it avoiding lines drawn...
I Googled what ROC stands for and now I'm more confused than before.

I Googled what ROC stands for and now I'm more confused than before.
From Time.com:
In 2019, the World Anti-Doping Agency banned Russia from all international sporting competitions, including the Olympics, for four years over a doping scandal. The punishment was cut in half to two years by the Court of Arbitration for Sport following a 2020 appeal and now ends in December 2022. But at this year’s Olympics, Russia still can’t be represented as a country.

This led to the creation of the ROC, a workaround for Russian athletes who have proven they weren’t connected to the doping scandal to still be able to compete in Tokyo.

Just giving you a hard time. I have a very limited understanding of it based on watching the Indian film, Lagaan.

Also Fiji won the gold in Rugby 7s.

Ohh dear. The shame. The humiliation. The Poms have overtaken Australia in the medal tally at the Olympics. But then I guess if they were all tested we would find most of the English athletes use performance enhancing drugs. At least that is the only way I can see this happening.

Olympics data​

• Medal table

China

United States

Japan

Great Britain

Australia
However here is a small consolation:

England bundled out for 183 by India – in the test.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven;t been following anything let alone the cricket, is Roy Drage playing for the poms?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back