Which messaging system most popular in Indonesia?

WhatsApp. Hands-down. 6 years ago, BBM was king, but most of us have long-since deleted BBM. Line is OK; especially for its online retail options, but it has too many ads.

what's App, much more reliable, but I have both, at times Line doesn't work to well

WA is being used by most.. both for private things, but also work activities.. Many use WA and send multiple messages, instead of calling..

WA is being used by most.. both for private things, but also work activities.. Many use WA and send multiple messages, instead of calling..
This is true. I have 3 WhatsApp groups for directly work-related chats, and one more for "ngobrol-ngobrol" (basically, gossip and selling junk).

I agree WA is the weapon of choice for most. I'm not really a user but the wife messages me sometimes. One thing on WA, we tried the video chat once and it was awful. On the other hand, I had an excellent video chat with my grandson via Farcebonk video chat while i was washing the car yesterday. I'm not the techiest guy around, but the ability to do that is cool. :)

I heard BBM (the consumer version of Blackberry Messenger) will completely stop end of May.

Amazing that such a popular system can make such a dive. It was huge in Indonesia, with a penetration topping 80%. But obviously we’ve seen it before with Lotus 1-2-3, VHS/BETAMAX, PDA’s, ....

And if we look at the next dinosaurs as cable TV or DVD/BluRay, laptops or even .....cash.

BBM, RIP today.

I would think both WhatsApp and FB Messenger. Line is more popular in Taiwan and Thailand.

More and more people I meet has this app installed too - MiChat.

I've noticed Telegram becoming more and more popular, especially after the May 22 blocking of WA.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back