Vitas Online Apllication - Data Error - Here We Go Again!

Lila

Yup...I will go straight from immigration to Civil Registry to apply/get my identification document. I hope the card is a different version of the card they issue KTP card holders from Indonesia. My wife got a temporary (paper) KTP back in September due to name change by marriage and they stated all of Indonesia is awaiting a restock of the permanent card....she is still waiting! Why does that not surprise me...because thats how efficient the government works here. Not like they couldn't see their stock was getting low and need to order/print more. Duh! ?

Lila

Oops...Passort ready for pickup Tuesday (17 December 2019) but to much rain and Grab fairs through the roof! Picked up passport Wednesday (18 December 2019) morning.
Police station Wednesday (18 December 2019) afternoon (had copies of any documents they could possibly ask for) for STM > Surat Tanda Melapor. Pleasant experience...took like 15 minutes max. Told us to wait about 24 hours for email > Electronic Limited Stay Permit from immigration. That email came in on 19 December 2019 at 0900 p.m. Printed copies of all new documents.
Visiting Department of Population and Civil Registration of DKI Jakarta Province tomorrow morning (20 December 2019) for SKTT! ?☺?
Note to self: Bring any and all douments they could possibly ask for! ?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I realize that often a Catatan Sipil with their antiquated procedures will ask for a STM, but in fact that 'police reporting' is not necessary anymore. And in many Kota's of Jakarta for instance, they will refuse to provide a STM ("we don't do that anymore").

Lila

We thought the same jstar...but they gave us one nevertheless. Makes me wonder if the police station notified immigration after inputing the STM or if the Electronic Vitas was or would have been issued by immigration regardless. Ahdunno. ?

What really bugs me is I thought I would be applying for Kitas about a year from now. It seems I must renew Vitas one more time to hit the two year mark from the time we first reported our marriage to Indonesia back in May 2019 although we had already been married for over two years back then. ?

Thanks for being such great help @jstar and @dafluff

Last edited:

Lila

Very informative! Thanks.
Glad to be of help...if you have any questions then you already know how to contact my wife (Lila) as having completed all steps she has kinda become an expert in my opinion on Spousal Vitas. If your husband ever has questions of me i would be more than happy to talk with him. Happy Holidays! Mike ☺

Saudade

We thought the same jstar...but they gave us one nevertheless. Makes me wonder if the police station notified immigration after inputing the STM or if the Electronic Vitas was or would have been issued by immigration regardless. Ahdunno. ?

What really bugs me is I thought I would be applying for Kitas about a year from now. It seems I must renew Vitas one more time to hit the two year mark from the time we first reported our marriage to Indonesia back in May 2019 although we had already been married for over two years back then. ?

Thanks for being such great help @jstar and @dafluff
In my case, they didn't send the electronic Kitas by email but give it to my husband when he went to pick up the passport.
I though the same, on the stamp on my passport I got from the immigration office of Indonesia overseas, it says clearly it is valid for 12 months, so I was thinking I could be 12 months with that stamp and apply for the Kitas before the 12 months end, so no need to pay again after paying already 160$ for the Vitas. I was very surprise as well about the price of the Kitas now, I knew the prices went up but never thought that much! 500.000 rp in one time, although it shouldn't surprise me because the increase on prices in Indonesia never goes slow, the most of the time they make big increase of prices in many things instead to do it little by little.
Jstar try to explain it to me, but to be honest I am still don't get it, I mean the Vitas stamp 12 months valid in my passport.

Last edited:

Lila

@Saudad
I want to clarify to your comment above. I did not receive (K)Itas electronically straight away. I received "notification" electronically that (K)Itas application was approved. I still had to go to Immigration with my passport and pay about 2.5 jt. to process it. Only then did we receive approved (K)Itas online for printing. See below.

I know it seems like you are paying twice for the same thing but think of it this way.

The Vitas is what you go to the Indonesian Embassy (I went to Singapore and paid 205 S$) to get the 12 month "Vitas" stamp that allows you to "enter" the country of Indonesia. It is a two step payment process regarding Vitas/(K)Itas to complete. The above is step 1.

(Upon my return to Indonesia, Airport Immigration will stamp your passport "Itas Online".)

I then went to Immigration with passort/documents in hand and paid 2.5 jt (for 12 month Spousal Itas/Merp) to legally "stay" in Indonesia up to 12 months and recieve my "(K)Itas" Immigration does not give you a (K)Itas card (back in the old days they did) but instead sends you an electronic email as proof of approved (K)Itas (print and keep with passort) which allows you to "stay" in Indonesia for 12 months.
The above is Step 2

***Finally, don't forget to go to Ministry to get SKTT (I.D. Card). Bring passort/all documents/and a photo on red background 2 × 3 cm.

Last edited:

Saudade

@Saudad
I want to clarify to your comment above. I did not receive (K)Itas electronically straight away. I received "notification" electronically that (K)Itas application was approved. I still had to go to Immigration with my passport and pay about 2.5 jt. to process it. Only then did we receive approved (K)Itas online for printing. See below.

I know it seems like you are paying twice for the same thing but think of it this way.

The Vitas is what you go to the Indonesian Embassy (I went to Singapore and paid 205 S$) to get the 12 month "Vitas" stamp that allows you to "enter" the country of Indonesia. It is a two step payment process regarding Vitas/(K)Itas to complete. The above is step 1.

(Upon my return to Indonesia, Airport Immigration will stamp your passport "Itas Online".)

I then went to Immigration with passort/documents in hand and paid 2.5 jt (for 12 month Spousal Itas/Merp) to legally "stay" in Indonesia up to 12 months and recieve my "(K)Itas" Immigration does not give you a (K)Itas card (back in the old days they did) but instead sends you an electronic email as proof of approved (K)Itas (print and keep with passort) which allows you to "stay" in Indonesia for 12 months.
The above is Step 2

***Finally, don't forget to go to Ministry to get SKTT (I.D. Card). Bring passort/all documents/and a photo on red background 2 × 3 cm.
I did already all that and got my KITAS and the SKTT in November, what I don't really understand it is why on the Vitas stamp say 12 months but you have to go to the immigration office before one month after you enter the country to appy for the Kitas? Anyway! tidak apa!

Dominique

Monday...in Singapore @ Indonesian Embassy to drop off Telex, Passport, Application, & photo, paid 205 Singaporean dollars. 0830 a.m.

Tuesday...picked up passport with 317 Vitas @ 2:30 p.m.!
Hi Lila,

Have you kept by any chance a copy of the telex which we need to bring along to the Embassy ? All I have so far is the notifikasi "Keputusan Direktur Jenderal" and here in Padang the immigration says that the telex is old stuff and not needed anymore, while the KBRI in Kuala Lumpur still claims it. Not sure I am having here the right document...
Also, did you get the telex from TKA online, or was it sent by email ?
Sorry for all the questions, and grateful if you have some reply !

jstar

Mr. 10,000
telex which we need to bring along to the Embassy
That is the nomenclature from the old days. From Jakarta they would send a telex with approval to the concerned embassy.

Now that is replaced by a confirmation and an e-mail sent to the applicant. See the example that @Lila posted here:

Last edited:

Dominique

That is the nomenclature from the old days. From Jakarta they would send a telex with approval to the concerned embassy.

Now that is replaced by a confirmation and an e-mail sent to the applicant. See the example that @Lila posted here:

Thanks JStar.
Now I understand that there is still something that we are left to pay before being able to receive the "telex", ie the fee called PNBP. This ought to be our very last step... mudah-mudahan !

Lila

We have copies of everything.
You will receive an email with a heading on top: NOTIFAKASI UNTUK MELAKUKAN PEMBAYARAN PNBP KAWAT PERSETUJUAN VISA.
This email letter has an attachment with heading: BUKTI PENGANTAR PEMBAYARAN. It has a large barcode square on it an a billing code of 200,000 rupiah due. Make sure to print this (We printed both this and the email forementioned) and went to bank located downstairs from immigration (can use any bank in Indonesia if this is inconvenient for you) and paid Bank Rakyat Indonesia-BRI. Be sure to get receipt.
We received another email within 24 hours of payment titled: PEMBERITAHUAN PERSETUJUAN VISA. Print this telex letter and take with you to embassy you chose outside of Indonesia.
I will private message you with my wifes number on "Whatsapp" and you are welcome to talk with her. Regards, Mike

Dominique

We have copies of everything.
You will receive an email with a heading on top: NOTIFAKASI UNTUK MELAKUKAN PEMBAYARAN PNBP KAWAT PERSETUJUAN VISA.
This email letter has an attachment with heading: BUKTI PENGANTAR PEMBAYARAN. It has a large barcode square on it an a billing code of 200,000 rupiah due. Make sure to print this (We printed both this and the email forementioned) and went to bank located downstairs from immigration (can use any bank in Indonesia if this is inconvenient for you) and paid Bank Rakyat Indonesia-BRI. Be sure to get receipt.
We received another email within 24 hours of payment titled: PEMBERITAHUAN PERSETUJUAN VISA. Print this telex letter and take with you to embassy you chose outside of Indonesia.
I will private message you with my wifes number on "Whatsapp" and you are welcome to talk with her. Regards, Mike
Thanks a lot Mike, this is really helpful.
That's actually the email we have not received yet (notifikasi untuk melakukan...), which is probably not surprising bearing that the Dirjen Notifikasi has just been issued today !
Thanks again for your time

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin41
Top Bottom