Vaccinated Indonesian residents can fly to Ireland without any restrictions

Helpful Herbert

I've been trying to find some destinations that we can fly to without restrictions. Especially as I am looking for ways to visit the UK avoiding hotel quarantine. After searching dozens of countries in Europe I found one: Ireland! Indonesia was taken off the Irish designated country list in mid-August.
So now the following rules apply:

If you arrive into Ireland from a non-designated country outside the EU or EEA and you have valid proof of vaccination or proof that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days, you do not need to do any travel-related testing or quarantine. [For Ireland the only valid vaccines are AZ, Pfizer, Moderna, J&J]. If you are not vaccinated with one of these you need to do self-quarantine for 5 days and tests.
But still it is much better than for any other European country.
So CGK-dubai/abudhabi/qatar-DUB would be a good flight to get.

Please share any other countries that are opening their doors to Indonesians.

ie.svg

Ireland
Published 13.09.2021
1. Passengers entering or transiting through Ireland (Rep.) from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia or Peru must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival.
- This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
2. Passengers entering or transiting through Ireland (Rep.) from a country other than Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia or Peru must have:
  • a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival; or
  • a positive COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at least 11 days and at most 180 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) at least 7 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with Moderna or Janssen at least 14 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or Covishield) at least 15 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at most 180 days before arrival.
  • This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
3. Passengers must complete a "Passenger Locator Form" at https://cvd19plf-prod1.powerappsportals.com/en-us/ before departure.
- This does not apply to passengers younger than 18 years.
4. Passengers who in the past 14 days have been in or transited through Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia or Peru must present a quarantine hotel reservation booked at https://tinyurl.com/778s6b2p . More details can be found at https://tinyurl.com/te8ftd47 .
  • This does not apply to:
  • passengers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at most 180 days before arrival;
  • passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with:
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) at least 7 days before arrival; or
  • Moderna or Janssen at least 14 days before arrival; or
  • AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or Covishield) at least 15 days before arrival.
5. Passengers could be subject to quarantine for up to 14 days. A list of quarantine exemptions can be found at https://tinyurl.com/2x5jpp2k
  • This does not apply to passengers arriving from a country other than Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia or Peru with:
  • a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival; or
  • a positive COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at least 11 days and at most 180 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) at least 7 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with Moderna or Janssen at least 14 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or Covishield) at least 15 days before arrival; or
  • a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at most 180 days before arrival.
6. Passengers arriving from the United Kingdom are subject to a COVID-19 RT-PCR test on or after day 5 after arrival. They must have a booking confirmation obtained at www.gov.ie/test .
7. Suspension of visa exemptions for passengers with a short stay visa issued by the United Kingdom

I'm Irish so was delighted when they announced that - finally got my 2nd AZ shot last week so it looks positive for an Xmas trip home this year. I think it's worth pointing out that there are still restrictions for when you go to the UK from Ireland so you'd need to stay there for 10 days (check the UK restrictions!).
I was hoping to visit Spain during my time home to see some family but need to see if it's possible.

Yes, you'd still definitely need to stay in Ireland for 10 days before getting the ferry to Holyhead or a flight to a UK airport. On the other hand, I don't think they have a Covid checking station at Holyhead since there are no travel restrictions at all between the UK and Ireland, so it's more between you and your conscience to wait for 10 days.

I'm hopeful that Indonesia will come off the red list in UK during the next review which is today/tomorrow. Apparently they are evaluating the following countries: "Argentina, Bangladesh, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Kenya, Maldives, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Turkey."

They are also talking about scrapping amber for vaccinated travelers but there is still an issue whether our vaccines given in Indonesia would be accepted; even AstraZeneca. We may still have to quarantine because of this.

It's a big day today, the new UK system will be announced. Will Indonesia finally get off the red list??

So we're still on the red list
Yeh really disappointing. All political and I guess there aren't enough Indonesians in UK for it to be a hot issue. Bangladesh comes off the red list with less than half the percentage vaccinated.

All the countries coming off the UK red list, except Indonesia (and UK, of course), and their rolling 7-day average daily cases. I guess they liked Turkey, Maldives and Sri Lanka a lot.

1632044779267.png

It's just getting ridiculous. They take off countries purely because 1) lots of people want to go on holiday there (eg Turkey) or 2) they want a trade deal with them (eg India). It seems they want to permanently ban residents of 55 countries from going there.
Now it turns out my AZ vaccine is not recognised in either the UK or Ireland, even though it's the same vaccine as they themselves used.
And why does Indonesia force people who have been double vaccinated in Indonesia to do an 8-day hotel quarantine on arrival?

Indonesia force people who have been double vaccinated in Indonesia to do an 8-day hotel quarantine on arrival?
I'm hearing a rumour that they also changed the policy here so that the first pcr test is now taken at the airport but of course the airport is not prepared and there are long waits. Nothing like a long disorganized queue after a long flight.

It's just getting ridiculous. They take off countries purely because 1) lots of people want to go on holiday there (eg Turkey) or 2) they want a trade deal with them (eg India). It seems they want to permanently ban residents of 55 countries from going there.
Now it turns out my AZ vaccine is not recognised in either the UK or Ireland, even though it's the same vaccine as they themselves used.
And why does Indonesia force people who have been double vaccinated in Indonesia to do an 8-day hotel quarantine on arrival?
How do you know your AZ is not accepted in Ireland? I can't find anywhere that they say they won't accept the ones I got here - and most EU countries now accept the Covishield (AZ made in India) - including Ireland (I don't know about UK). I could be mistaken and interested to know where you got this info.
In the next week or 2 Ireland will allow its citizens to apply for the EU vaccine passport even if they have had their vaccines done abroad and this will be the key test I suppose. They don't have the website running yet.

How do you know your AZ is not accepted in Ireland? I can't find anywhere that they say they won't accept the ones I got here - and most EU countries now accept the Covishield (AZ made in India) - including Ireland (I don't know about UK). I could be mistaken and interested to know where you got this info.
In the next week or 2 Ireland will allow its citizens to apply for the EU vaccine passport even if they have had their vaccines done abroad and this will be the key test I suppose. They don't have the website running yet.

From what I read, Ireland recognises vaccines based on the EU digital covid certificate, and for a country to be included it has to produce certificates which follow the EU model. However, it is very unclear, with contradictory information online. If you're successful in getting yours recognised, please let us know.

Not Ireland but U.K. Which vaccines are accepted :

"This means travellers from the above countries are treated the same as UK citizens, and can avoid quarantine when arriving in the UK from any country not on the red list.

For the purposes of vaccinations received abroad, the government is recognising Pfizer BioNTech, Oxford AstraZeneca, Moderna and Janssen (J&J).

Those jabbed with two different doses of these vaccines – for example, a person with one dose of Oxford AstraZeneca and one dose of Moderna – will be regarded as fully vaccinated."

Now that Indonesia will be off the UK's red list from 11 October, there is also good news in terms of vaccine recognition. It says on the government website that Indonesia is now on the approved proof of vaccination list, and if arriving after 11 October they will accept a vaccine certificate. [the vaccine has to be AZ, Pfizer etc, they do not accept Sinovac or Sinopharm]

I've been trying to find some destinations that we can fly to without restrictions. Especially as I am looking for ways to visit the UK avoiding hotel quarantine. After searching dozens of countries in Europe I found one: Ireland! Indonesia was taken off the Irish designated country list in mid-August.
So now the following rules apply:

If you arrive into Ireland from a non-designated country outside the EU or EEA and you have valid proof of vaccination or proof that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 180 days, you do not need to do any travel-related testing or quarantine. [For Ireland the only valid vaccines are AZ, Pfizer, Moderna, J&J]. If you are not vaccinated with one of these you need to do self-quarantine for 5 days and tests.
But still it is much better than for any other European country.
So CGK-dubai/abudhabi/qatar-DUB would be a good flight to get.

Please share any other countries that are opening their doors to Indonesians.
Opening the doors for those who fly from Indonesia. Cc @snpark

While Biden’s keep away visitors from most european countries and Canada… Indonesians with valid visa who travel from Indonesia are free to go in and out the country. Just saying….

But if they received the Sinovac vaccine, as most did, they won't be allowed to enter.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back