The Budaya Sosial Visa CANNOT BE CONVERTED to Family Kitas

Saudade

I had a KITAS family Visa and because expired last 11 th April, I tried to find information on the forum about how to apply again for a new KITAS Keluarga.
Reading the forum and the posts of some people about this topic, I had clear there was two ways to go, applying for the Telex to Jakarta trough their website and go outside Indonesia and come back to apply for the KITAS Keluarga or go outside of Indonesia, come back with a Budaya Sosial Visa and convert the Budaya Sosial Visa to KITAS Keluarga (like it was possible not long ago).
Reading the posts, even when sometimes was confusing if it was still possible or not convert the Budaya Sosial Visa to Kitas Keluarga, I finally trusted was still possible, because all the information I got here and because the wife of one of the members of the Forum in the same situation than me, had personally talked to the staffs at the Kantor Inmigrasi in Jimbaran asking the same questions and they told her that was still possible, beside I asked an Agency and they told me the same, it was possible.
So, I went to Australia, applied for the Budaya Sosial Visa and arrived last Friday.
I just came back from the immigration office in Denpasar and I am still between, shock, angry with myself and confuse, because they told me it is not possible to convert a Sosial Budaya Visa to Kitas keluarga without applying for a Telex, and according to them this is been since more than one year ago.
Finally the lady said, it could be possible but only if I have the number of a telex in the Sosial Budaya Visa, a Telex that I only can apply from their website (I guess before I leave Indonesia), so even not possible to apply for this telex in the Indonesian Embassy or consulate overseas.
Although, I think there is not point somebody choose to apply the telex and still do the budaya sosial converstion to kitas if you can do it straight away from the telex (me always thinking too much).
Finally a waste of time and money and an experience to learning something, I trusted this forum and the information I got from here or from the members here, and I think this was wrong, sorry, I am not saying it is a fault of the forum, I am very aware it was my own fault and I should have talk myself with the staffs of the immigration office to make sure a 100% about this.
I am not an English speaker, but from the information on the posts on the forum, I understood it was still possible to do the convertion from Budaya Sosial Visa to Kitas Keluarga, maybe I missunderstood?
Now I have to go outside Indonesia again.
Aduhhhhhhhh pusing!

Two questions: 1. Is the sponsor of your SosBud the same as the one of the (future) KITAS. 2. Why didn't you visit Jimbaran Imigrasi (right away)?

yes, it is, my husband has been always been my sponsor.
Uhhhh ok I could try to go tomorrow morning to the inmigration office in Jimbaran, I guess it is the one at the airport, but jstar, I guess the immigration offices are corresponding to the addresses of the people isn't it?

The forum is made up of people such as you & me, Saudade, and we have information here from all our collective experiences.
I didn't know that the rules had changed but your post is valuable in adding to the collective information- I am sure people will check this out and possibly find some documentation of the changes.
I am pretty sure none of us combs through the law and immigration regulations on a regular basis, unless it is something that affects us personally, many of us have probably moved on past the sosbud/ITAS conversion stage, so we probably weren't aware of it, although I was aware of the telex visa application.
We, like you, go about our daily lives and when something important crops up we share it.
So although your experience has been a pain and an expensive waste of time for you, your information and the sharing of it is valuable to the community.

So thank you for the information.
It is nice to know about important changes and may well help someone in the future.

I sincerely hope you get things sorted out. Good luck.

PS, just because a rule was made a year ago doesn't mean it cascaded down to being implemented at local levels a year ago.
Though immigration tend to be on the ball more than some.

? And what makes Jimbaran's vs Denpasar's opinion different...

@Saudade

If you follow the link on immigration website, it still looks like it accepts alih status (conversion) from ITK to ITAS. Can you try and see if it works for you?

Follow the link below, then "alih status", then "ITK". I can't continue past this since I don't have a SosBud, obviously.

https://izintinggal-online.imigrasi.go.id/Using_Guidance/layananPendaftaran.xhtml

terimakasi
I tried and I got this
Pesan gagal
Permohonan anda berdeteksi overstay, silahkan datang ke kantor inmigrasi

I had the same this year. I wanted to convert my SOSBUD into spouse KITAS. I did parly online, as there was also an option to to do so and after suceeded I went to kantor imigrasi in Tangerang with the required documents to continue the KITAS process.
However conversion was not possible and therefore I had short holiday in Singapore and apply for KITAS from there (before that I must do some online stuff first).

^ now that's rather vague.

This is the information from the Immigration website:

Vitas%20App%20Guarantor.png

Vitas%20App%20Foreigner.png

Just had a look at the Indonesian embassy website in Sydney and i will paste what is there regarding Sosbud, it appears under point 2. that a telex in only provided under certain conditions.

Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days (extension available at local Immigration Offices close to where the applicant stays). Requests for Social Cultural Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in Sydney by filling out the appropriate forms (1 copy for each person) and enclosing:

1. Visa aplication form.
  2. Passport (still valid at least 6 months from the date of entry) for single entry, and 18 months for multiple entries. Non-passport documents (such as Travel Documents, Certificate of Identity, Emergency Travel Document, and Certificate of Registration, etc.) need pre-approval letter/telex from Immigration Headquarter in Jakarta. Check your passport for blank visa page (minimum 3 blank pages should be available). Please be advised that we will return your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport or incomplete application without prior notification.
  3. Copy of passport (ID page).
  4. One recent color passport photographs.
  5. Valid Australian Visa for non-Australian Citizen.
  6. Return ticket (in and out) or a ticket to continue travel to another country.
  7. Proof of finance/bank statement.
  8. Letter of invitation from Family or Social Organization, which describes the purpose of the visit and guaranteeing all transportation and living expenses that will incur in Indonesia.
  9. Copy of ID of the sponsor. If the sponsor is non-Indonesian citizen please provide a copy of KITAS and passport. If the sponsor is an Indonesian citizen, a copy of the KTP (Indonesian ID Card) must be provided.
  10. For minor applicants, a statement letter from parents or guardian and copy of parents’ or guardians’ ID.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819