Supermarkets and vaccine requirement

Anfooshi

Are we unable to buy food in supermarkets if we have not recieved a vaccine?

I use this app. It's a pain but their CS is decent. But appointment times must sometimes be booked 2 days in advance.

What appointment? It's a delivery service, you just put in what time you want delivery

Upload the app and your vaccine certificate
Which app? You mean download an app? Indonesian app? Or any of the ones available?

I hear the mall security uses an app based on phone number to verify local vaccines

The delivery time is the appointment time. Must be booked
I use happyfresh at least once a week and you just need to do the shopping earlier in the day - not expect it to be done immediately. I usually do the shopping at work (or in taxi to work) and it gets delivered when i get home. 9/10 there are slots available when I want them.

It depends where you live- In Bandung,the only place we were asked to produce the covid app thingy was at PVJ mall, one other supermarket just wanted to look at our vaccine cards, our regular place just checks temps as usual... & the other supermarket we use on occasion just has a temp check machine that one is expected to do oneself - nobody monitoring it.
Quite a mixed bag of what places are doing what- so perhaps if you have been unable to get a vaccine yet, try shopping at a different place, bear in mind that you are the one more at risk of serious illness though, the regulations are in place to try & help protect people.

At our Farmer's market in Jakarta no-one asks to see the app. However for supermarkets in large malls you will probably need it.

I agree. Depending on the mall either they just assume you've been poked or can't be arsed to try speak English or your act was reassuring enough to convince them. Take a pic so it flashes then mumble and show them a screenshot of something.
Even the actual police in noble house doesn't even bother to ask. I presume if they recognize you they don't check again every day
He says hi Pak how are you. I said I'm fine. Just got my first shot today. Oh ooops. Lol
Don't watch Homeland. I'm not a sleeper cell Al Qaeda after 10 years you check my bag with your magic wand and the day you don't is the day it might contain something nakal.
(Joke)

But yes. Once I realised I could get into Ambs mall I was straight back the next day for my salon hair waxing shave nails etc lol

Even the actual police in noble house doesn't even bother to ask.

Chances are high you actually still dealt with SATPAM not with actual police... ;-)
they look very similar since changing uniforms a few months ago:

unforms_satpam vs police.gif

One is doing the white power sign lol but it's bandungese for extra nasi

I watch 86 and the police. Don't trust the dirty homeless looking one with a 60's revolver and a bum bag and the discrete undercover long hair and ramones t-shirt

Chances are high you actually still dealt with SATPAM not with actual police... ;-)
they look very similar since changing uniforms a few months ago:

View attachment 2194
I would be one cranky SOB wearing all that in this weather.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back