Safety Threats due to civil unrest or disruption

Dave70

Cager
I also received two videos. Maybe the ones you got are the same and If so check out the time stamp on the second one as it is from 2016. I am sure there are some robberies going on and it is always wise to be vigilant but I also suspect people are sending out these videos and making it seem worse than it is.
I don't see time stamp on both videos, maybe it's trimmed or covered by the words "Hati Hati ya buat semuanya..." at the bottom while the other one has the word "PANTAUAN" on the upper left corner. Anyway, you may be right that some people could be sending out these videos and making it worse than it is. So maybe I should stop sharing stories of crime to avoid scaring the expat community, unless there is a link to the source of the news (problem is, some stories never got reported).

Balifrog

So maybe I should stop sharing stories of crime to avoid scaring the expat community, unless there is a link to the source of the news (problem is, some stories never got reported).
Nothing specific against you, but after the overmediatized panic for the virus, do you think it is a good idea to start the same now for "security risks" ?
I suppose (well, at least I hope) that any experienced expat is aware of it. That and the classic "anti foreigner" feelings that always come up in crisis times.
The latter is valid in the West as well, simply look at all the anti Chinese BS in the western media.... Example being given by the Orange genius weatherman !

It is also clear that all the above is of course more obvious ("in your face") in big cities compared to villages or to Bali.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
When I opened this thread it was intended to list occasions of specific threats & be used to report them to the wider expat community.
I hadn't really intended it as a discussion page.
That could have easily been done in the don't panic thread.
This was to keep an uncluttered thread for us to be able to let others know of potential dangers.
Seems I wasted my time.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Our little village has upped security from this past weekend as there have been several incidences of theft in the neighbouring complex.
This may or may not be related to the virus situation as it is also coming up to bulan puasa.

Hubby now doing the Ronda rounds at night with other villagers.
Bearing in mind that any nefarious people who come across my hubby would not have much of a fight as he is no alpha male... he does wield a torch well and has been practicing lighting up dark corners of the garden.

Humour aside, do be sensible and lock valuables away. Keep your house lit up at night & keep the neighbours sweet.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Maybe he should take some pups along on his nightly jaunts. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veryambiguous
Top Bottom