Recommended Indonesian Alcohol Brands

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Also, you have to be aware that it always pays to compare price/ml for these locally produced alcohol and it isn't rare that a 250ml costs less per ml than a 700ml of the same brand, same beverage.
A quick example:
Distributor price for a Konig Ludwig Weissbier in North Sulawesi:
330 ml @ Rp 22.600 (i.e Rp 68.485/L)
500ml @ Rp 40.000 (i.e Rp 80.000/L)
The same is true with Mansion House and a few others. At the retail level, these differences may be corrected by the trader you will deal with, who will apply a higher mark up on the smaller bottles, but sometimes traders will just mechanically apply the same mark up for each bottle and you can end up with a much greater bargain with 3 bottles of 250ml rather than 1 bottle of 750ml.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Gordon's Gin, which is one of the top 10 gin sold in the world, is now brewed in Indonesia for the Indonesia market. I gave it a try these past few weeks and survived. :)

harryopal

Charter Member
Yesterday bought a small bottle of Robinson brandy. Still unopened. How does it rate?

godmachine12

Charter Member
Cager
Has anyone tried Vibe? Looks to be artificially flavored alcohols. Lots of varieties. I had someone trying to sell me 700 ml bottles for 240k a while back. I am curious as to how an 80 proof black tea flavored shot goes down.
I can't speak for the flavoured varieties but the gin and vodka are fine if mixed. The price is right and they truly have 24-hour service.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertBali
Top Bottom