Post pictures of food you made!

My pet project at the moment is creating doggie dinner recipes. So I have some spoiled pooches.
They have been on a kibble mixed with rice, egg & our food scraps since we had them, but I wanted to get a bit more adventurous.
The frenchie is our willing tester haha.
He has definitely given the chicken liver & veg mix the paws up (he has no thumbs - obviously)

I had a Frenchie once and he was not too selective. It is weird but it seems to me the female pets (dogs and cats) are much more picky than their male counterparts which are more gobblers. Even with the kampung dogs. They are also more independent, less eager to please and a bit more stubborn. ?

I had a Frenchie once and he was not too selective. It is weird but it seems to me the female pets (dogs and cats) are much more picky than their male counterparts which are more gobblers. Even with the kampung dogs. They are also more independent, less eager to please and a bit more stubborn. ?
Quite the opposite in our gaff, the female is a greedy thing & inhales whatever falls her way... the guys are more: hmmm, what's this then, sniff, lick, consider... sniff & lick again, give it more thought & then if the food passes muster they eat... unless the female has already stolen it :D

Understood this thread is about pics of food that you made.
There's one favorite food when we are in lazy mode, ie Indomie instant noodle.
I will not post our Indomie though.
Today, we walk around at Khan El-khalili, the biggest bazyin cairo.
Here what we saw:

My wife won't allow me to eat a lot of IndoMie/Sarimi/SuperMie. Do they have the Aceh version over there? Bit spicy, it is pushed here a lot on TV ads etc. There is a new flavor, Ayam Geprek (from the Dutch word prakken).

Talking about colonial, I made an oven dish from the Dutch West Indies. It's called Keshi Yena. For this you need a lot of (good quality Edam) cheese, not the fake Kraft...

And this is for tomorrow's breakfast...

IMG_7905.JPG

Last edited:
The indomie selection here is limited to chicken, Curry chicken, vegetables, shrimp and beef.
The boss of Indomie plant here is my good friend. He told me that those are preferred by locals. No plan to introduce the very spicy menu such as mine aceh, ayam geprek or cabe hijau. But, not difficult to "import " directly from Indonesia.

For cheese, here is much much better than Indonesia.,we live in the community where lot if Dutch and Italian. Good selection of Dutch and Italian cheese are easy to get. More expensive than local cheese but much much cheaper than in Indonesia.
Local cheese including local version of Edam, Gotta, Parmesan and mozzarella are very cheap, and not bad.

Our dinner menu tonight is chicken Tajin wisnu's style.

My pet project at the moment is creating doggie dinner recipes. So I have some spoiled pooches.
They have been on a kibble mixed with rice, egg & our food scraps since we had them, but I wanted to get a bit more adventurous.
The frenchie is our willing tester haha.
He has definitely given the chicken liver & veg mix the paws up (he has no thumbs - obviously)

Hah hah, that reminds me of when I lived in Micronesia and there was no cat food for sale, so I had no choice but to make food for my two pampered felines. They dined quite well, as I recall, on a diet not unlike what you are describing, except we used chicken, fish, or beef instead of the kibble since we couldn't get any.

You almost certainly know more about dogs than I do, but just in case - you know they shouldn't have grapes/raisins, onions, or chocolate, right?

ETA: not that you would be crazy enough to turn over chocolate to the dogs. That's all for human consumption!

Hah hah, that reminds me of when I lived in Micronesia and there was no cat food for sale, so I had no choice but to make food for my two pampered felines. They dined quite well, as I recall, on a diet not unlike what you are describing, except we used chicken, fish, or beef instead of the kibble since we couldn't get any.

You almost certainly know more about dogs than I do, but just in case - you know they shouldn't have grapes/raisins, onions, or chocolate, right?

ETA: not that you would be crazy enough to turn over chocolate to the dogs. That's all for human consumption!
Yep, I am aware of the things that are on the list xxx
Hope you're well xx

Dessert time... (okay, officially high tea):

391AFE7C-B3D9-4E39-B10B-0ED8BFCB2642.jpeg

Is it a Bombolone or a Berliner? I have no idea, the doughnuts are fried and then filled with blueberry jam.

4AFACEE5-CE3C-4E49-92B7-84FEBD6418AD.jpeg

This is Rijstevlaai, popular in the area where Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium touch borders.

So a tripoint. They even speak more or less the same language.

Jalapeno cheddar bread
Tasty, crunchy but soft inside
We use unbleached flour mixed with kamut flour, fresh alapeno from our garden, then very generous cheddar cheese.
Very yummy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats