Pandemic - Emergency Stay Permit Expiration

New important Immigration Update about holders with expired ITAS/ITAP

Attachments

• PENJELASAN ORANG ASING PEMEGANG ITAS DAN ITAP DANATAU IMK YANG MASA BERLAKUNYA TELAH BERAKHIR ...pdf
    148.7 KB · Views: 378
anyone else got new VOA date ? who applied last week or this week
what is your valid new date
curious if anyone plan apply last week Aug 3rd to get max 30 days

curious if can apply last week
VOA extended a couple of days ago got validity till 13th August (application was 16 July).
VOA extended a couple of days ago got validity till 13th August (application was 16 July).

August 3rd?? Huh?

Again, it's a grace period of 30 days from July 13th in which you have until Aug 12 to leave or extend. My understanding is you get 30 days more from Aug 12th. People applying now so they know it's done and can relax.

People who apply Aug 12th might run the risk of them being too busy and not being in the system by Aug 13th
If it is 30 days from date of applying then of course everyone would wait until last minute
But it's like any other extension. It's 30 days extra from the date of expiry of last one ie 12 Aug.

That's how my agent sees it too
If they only extend it until Aug 12 what's the point in paying to extend. You have until then anyway for free

The grace period ends Aug 12. That's when you leave or when your new 30 days starts

Not sure why you mention Aug 3rd?

Here's a scenario I haven't seen discussed yet. Was anyone working, so on a company-sponsored ITAS, and either wasn't offered a contract extension or chose not to renew and still has a valid ITAS? Let's say all your documents were processed late, so the validity of the ITAS extends beyond the contract.

Is anyone currently still here in a situation like this? If so, what is the company saying or doing? Has anyone like this been able to find word and transfer sponsorship to a new company?

I'm in this spot now and I know a few other people who are as well. Any insight and experience would be useful.

I presume you can stay until your ITAS expires. That's all immigration is concerned with

I presume you can stay until your ITAS expires. That's all immigration is concerned with

Well, that's what I've been told. Also, these new regulations state that an expired ITAS can be converted into a visit visa or a new teleks issued for a new ITAS. So yeah, I'm not worried about being able to stay or not. I'm wondering is if anyone has managed to change sponsors successfully. My HR department at the old company isn't helpful at all and haven't provided any information about anything since all of this began.

Well, that's what I've been told. Also, these new regulations state that an expired ITAS can be converted into a visit visa or a new teleks issued for a new ITAS. So yeah, I'm not worried about being able to stay or not. I'm wondering is if anyone has managed to change sponsors successfully. My HR department at the old company isn't helpful at all and haven't provided any information about anything since all of this began.

It is possible to change the sponsor from one company to another, there is a procedure for that in Manpower.

I have now applied to convert my D212 multiple entry social visa to a Limited Stay Permit (ITAS / KITAS) sponsored by my wife. I provided the following documents to the immigration office.

• Application form obtained at Immigration office
  • Valid National Passport
  • Current Indonesia Visa and Entry Stamp
  • Letter of guarantee from sponsor
  • ID Card of the sponsor
  • Family Card of the sponsor
  • Marriage Certificate from Overseas English or Translated into Indonesian by a sworn translator
  • Proof of marriage report from Indonesian Civil Registry Office in case of marriage held overseas

The application is submitted and they took my picture and finger prints. The cost without an agent is listed as 1,500,000 IDR for the 1 year Limited Stay permit (ITAS) and another 1,000,000 for the multiple entry exit permit. The immigration office said not to pay anything yet until the application is approved. When we asked what the next step is, they said immigration staff will visit our home in 1 or 2 weeks. Hopefully this visit isn't an attempt to shake us down!

I have now applied to convert my D212 multiple entry social visa to a Limited Stay Permit (ITAS / KITAS) sponsored by my wife. I provided the following documents to the immigration office.

• Application form obtained at Immigration office
  • Valid National Passport
  • Current Indonesia Visa and Entry Stamp
  • Letter of guarantee from sponsor
  • ID Card of the sponsor
  • Family Card of the sponsor
  • Marriage Certificate from Overseas English or Translated into Indonesian by a sworn translator
  • Proof of marriage report from Indonesian Civil Registry Office in case of marriage held overseas

The application is submitted and they took my picture and finger prints. The cost without an agent is listed as 1,500,000 IDR for the 1 year Limited Stay permit (ITAS) and another 1,000,000 for the multiple entry exit permit. The immigration office said not to pay anything yet until the application is approved. When we asked what the next step is, they said immigration staff will visit our home in 1 or 2 weeks. Hopefully this visit isn't an attempt to shake us down!
hi IndoTom,
when they said home visit, will they let you know ahead of time before visiting? what if you are not home?

hi IndoTom,
when they said home visit, will they let you know ahead of time before visiting? what if you are not home?
The immigration staff did not explain. They are generally not too informative.

hi IndoTom,
Hopefully they will call the phone number on the application form to arrange a home visit day and time.

When we asked what the next step is, they said immigration staff will visit our home in 1 or 2 weeks. Hopefully this visit isn't an attempt to shake us down!

From my experience, the home visit is just to confirm you live where you say you do, you are in fact married, they ask you general questions about how you met, do you work, and what your wife does.

About the only thing they will ask you for is something to drink.

They will call in advance to see if you are home.

We had visits for Kitas and Kitap. No stress and no suggestions of "soda" money (as they call it in Kenya. And by the way, I never responded to those direct hints in Kenya.) We offered tea and biscuits. I hope it all goes well.

New important Immigration Update about holders with expired ITAS/ITAP
Dear Centurion,
Thanks for uploading the circular here. I have several questions, may someone here can help, or please share information/clarification obtained from Imigrasi officers in Indonesia.

1) Does the new circular also include expired IMK/MERP of KITAP sponsored by WNI wife? My husband cannot come to Jakarta soon or before 60 days grace period ends due difficulty to get exit and re-enter approval from Malaysia Immigration, the country where he works.

2) What does technical problem mean in this circular...?

3) Also read number 3, does it mean the Guarantor/ Sponsor can apply ITAS/ITAP extension for the mentioned holders without being present in Indonesia, and no need for those holders to re-enter soon/being tolerated? In this case how to get permit attached to their passports...by sending passport from oversea to Indonesia, or sending permit to Indonesia Embassy in the country residence of the holder?

4) Is the Wife sponsor allowed to apply for ITK/MERP extension at Kantor Imigrasi without the WNA husband being present in Indonesia?

5) Anyone has experience sending passport from oversea to Indonesia? Which courier is trustable?

I am trying to contact Ditjen Imigrasi through instagram too.
Thank you very much for your help.

Dear Centurion,
Thanks for uploading the circular here. I have several questions, may someone here can help, or please share information/clarification obtained from Imigrasi officers in Indonesia.

1) Does the new circular also include expired IMK/MERP of KITAP sponsored by WNI wife? My husband cannot come to Jakarta soon or before 60 days grace period ends due difficulty to get exit and re-enter approval from Malaysia Immigration, the country where he works.

2) What does technical problem mean in this circular...?

3) Also read number 3, does it mean the Guarantor/ Sponsor can apply ITAS/ITAP extension for the mentioned holders without being present in Indonesia, and no need for those holders to re-enter soon/being tolerated? In this case how to get permit attached to their passports...by sending passport from oversea to Indonesia, or sending permit to Indonesia Embassy in the country residence of the holder?

4) Is the Wife sponsor allowed to apply for ITK/MERP extension at Kantor Imigrasi without the WNA husband being present in Indonesia?

5) Does anyone have experience sending passport from oversea to Indonesia? Which courier is trustable?

I am trying to contact Ditjen Imigrasi through instagram too.
Thank you very much for your help.
1. As I see, no.
2. No clear cut answer from me to you for this.
3. Looks like yes, do not know details.
4. In a regular situation ITAS/ITAP holder with expired MERP can get short term entry permit from KBRI abroad so he/she can come into Indonesia, then get a proper MERP. Your spouse should contact KBRI in Malaysia and ask for a Re-Entry permit. I am not sure can you do MERP extension in Indonesia while ITAS/ITAP holder is abroad, as Immigration can allegedly see is he in the country or not, and he should be if he extends in Indonesia.
5. Most of international are reliable.

1. As I see, no.
2. No clear cut answer from me to you for this.
3. Looks like yes, do not know details.
4. In a regular situation ITAS/ITAP holder with expired MERP can get short term entry permit from KBRI abroad so he/she can come into Indonesia, then get a proper MERP. Your spouse should contact KBRI in Malaysia and ask for a Re-Entry permit. I am not sure can you do MERP extension in Indonesia while ITAS/ITAP holder is abroad, as Immigration can allegedly see is he in the country or not, and he should be if he extends in Indonesia.
5. Most of international are reliable.
Thank you @centurion ! I will try to contact KBRI in Malaysia. They still not open for visa service yet.

Conditions for travel to Bali. If this post is not for here, admin can remove it somewhere else.

Attachments

• Bali 1.jpg
    Bali 1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Bali 2.jpg
    Bali 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 374
Hey everyone,

I just had a disappointment at the immigration office in Batam.

So on July 24th, I applied to extend my D212 Visa. I submitted paperwork and paid the 500rb. I just picked up my passport today (the 27th).

To my dismay, the visa is only good until Aug 12. I basically accomplished nothing, I'm still only valid until the 12th like any foreigner without a visa.

I really thought I would get at least 30 days. Did anyone else have this issue? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey everyone,

I just had a disappointment at the immigration office in Batam.

So on July 24th, I applied to extend my D212 Visa. I submitted paperwork and paid the 500rb. I just picked up my passport today (the 27th).

To my dismay, the visa is only good until Aug 12. I basically accomplished nothing, I'm still only valid until the 12th like any foreigner without a visa.

I really thought I would get at least 30 days. Did anyone else have this issue? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your feedback.
Is your D212 social visa a 1 year visa that is expiring on August 12? If so you probably have to apply for a new D212 visa or try to convert to a ITAS (KITAS).

I was in a similar situation with my D212 visa expiring in mid August. The immigration office only gave me 3 more weeks for my extension which was 7 week short of the D212 visa expiration. The immigration staff just said to keep doing extensions but I think that's bad advice considering my visa would expire. So I started D212 to KITAS conversion.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao