Pandemic - Emergency Stay Permit Expiration

javasatu

Dear Forum members,

I am probably writing for other forum members.

I arrived in Indonesia on February 12, 2020 on a social visa (family) and my visa expired on April 12, 2020 (60 days). I have been in Indonesia during the pandemic-Convid-19 and concerned I might need to paid a fine when I leave Indonesia.

I am aware that I am entitled for Emergency Stay Permit but need to know when the Emergency Stay Permit have been lifted so I can to arrange my visa-run, depart flight and figure out which Asian countries have closed its borders.

I searched the website below for information regarding when the Emergency stay have ended and when I have to leave Indonesia but no luck.

https://www.imigrasi.go.id/berita/detail/informasi-terkini-kebijakan-imigrasi-terkait-covid-19

I heard that I can apply for extension that is valid for 6 months, but need to confirm from this forum.

Any insight regarding above will be highly grateful. Thanks in advance.

Social visa family is good for 6 months, during the COVID-19 it is automatically extended for 30 days at immigration up to 180 days in total. I am also here on a social visa (family) and mine expired on June 11th as i have been here since 15th December, i went to immigration yesterday and i am still covered by emergency stay permit also until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, the immigration official said he would let me know what options i have once everything is back to normal, i too dont wish to pay any fines.

Keep an eye on the immigration site and here as its a good source of information for when things change.

Hi Paul, Thank you for your speedy reply. Some mixed-up at Indonesian Singapore Embassy as they only gave me single entry visa which is valid for 2 months. I have checked with Indonesian Immigration website and their updated information is on May11, 2020. No information regarding the Emergency Stay Permit have been lifted or the next step. Thanks and keep us informed.

This was sent out on June 11th:

EaMjTZEUMAEGd8r.jpg

No announcement yet as to when this policy ends, but I imagine there needs to be more flights in and out of the country before they will.

Everything is extended no fines no penalties. Relax. You will soon hear and know when it's OFFICIALLY ending and they will give you plenty of notice to leave etc etc anyway so calm down

At moment Indonesia is on a black list and will not accept travellers from here anyway so very limited where you could go apart from "home" with or without tests, letters, quarantine etc

HI SNpark,

Many thanks for the information. Please keep us updated when the Emergency Stay Permit have been lifted and process to extend or to leave Indonesia.

Actually I am not panicking, just worried if I have to paid Rp1000.000 for overstay per day and will be blacklisted. Also, will need to find a SE Asian country with open borders for travelers from Indonesian.

Below is a link to ITAA for travel/immigration policy for each countries.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on the immigration website for an update as they are updating it this morning

This is the latest I've been sent, though it doesn't appear these regulations have been officially adopted yet. Sorry for those that don't understand Indonesian—I haven't got time to translate it right now.

Looks like changes are coming.

Attachments

• SE LAYANAN IZIN TINGGAL Rev 2.1 (08.07.2020).pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Nothing has changed. I also have the same 7 page document in Bahasa from the Govt released Friday night.
Everything is the same regarding emergency permits but they are starting to open for processing kitas etc.

As I've said before they are not just going to kick everyone out overnight. They will give probably 30 days notice to leave if you want to. They will still extend the VOA for those eligible.

They are also aware some people can't or don't want to leave. E.g. their country has blacklisted Indonesia or they are not allowed to fly to SG, MY, UK etc.

So no need to panic Nothing has changed apart from more offices are open to process to let people return. No one is being evicted yet.

Nothing has changed. ... They will give probably 30 days notice to leave if you want to.

The new document seems to start that 30 day clock on Monday July 13th. It seems people who already have exhausted their extensions on VOA or B211 visit visas will not be allowed to stay past August 13.

Though I have no doubt some clarifications, exceptions, and possibly changes will be issued over the next week.

The new document seems to start that 30 day clock on Monday July 13th. It seems people who already have exhausted their extensions on VOA or B211 visit visas will not be allowed to stay past August 13.

Though I have no doubt some clarifications, exceptions, and possibly changes will be issued over the next week.

There is also a fake w/a article going around that says the same thing, but my sources and my agent tell me that is totally incorrect and in fact the last official Govt release on 3rd July specifically stated people can stay longer if and when this order expires. Extensions can't have been exhausted since everyone was put on hold, in fact even those who came on VOA will still be allowed to do the 30 day extension.

They are being very generous / lenient and understanding. Some people still complaining on the FB group though, even though they've been allowed to stay for free for 6 months almost, they still crying they need more than 30 days to organise and save up for a return ticket to SG etc.

Anyway as always, things can and do change overnight. I've lost track of what phase now Anies has said we are on?

Salons spas etc opened, closed and reopened. Cinemas end of month. Some restaurants closed back down.

Irony is if you go in any mall, most of them are deserted and many of the shops still closed and / or closed forever / bankrupt.

Lotte / Kun City and Ambs specially, don't get there expecting every shop to be open. Ambs ITC especially is deserted. And Kun City was never a thriving mall.

Restaurants that opened are still dead, 6-12 only, 50% seating, menu, etc etc

All very depressing

But back to Visa, for those on a VOA and digi nomads etc, not sure what they can do when a visa run to MY entails a 14 days stay and SG has banned any one from Indonesia for the time being

This is the latest I've been sent, though it doesn't appear these regulations have been officially adopted yet. Sorry for those that don't understand Indonesian—I haven't got time to translate it right now.

Looks like changes are coming.

I've seen versions of this floating around the interweb. Deliberately did not post here because as noted, it is still a draft and may change. Let's see what they officially announce on Monday.

I've seen versions of this floating around the interweb. Deliberately did not post here because as noted, it is still a draft and may change. Let's see what they officially announce on Monday.

Ok so it's official now. Summaries below:

ITAS holders: If still extendable, immigration offices are open for extension now. If eligible for conversion to ITAP, you can also do this now. If ITAS has expired and you have been granted Emergency Stay Permit, you have a grace period of 30 days from July 13th, 2020 to process extension. If no longer extendable you need to exit Indonesia within 30 days from July 13th, 2020.

ITAP holders: If still extendable, offices are open for extension now. If ITAS has expired and you have been granted Emergency Stay Permit, you have a grace period of 30 days from July 13th, 2020 to process extension. If no longer extendable you need to exit Indonesia within 30 days from July 13th, 2020.

ITK (SosBud/Tourist Visa) holders: If still extendable, offices are open for extension now. If no longer extendable you need to exit Indonesia within 30 days from July 13th, 2020. Note that ITK is normally valid for 60 days, and extendable 4 times for 30 days each.

VOA holders: If still extendable, immigration offices are open for extension now. Note that VOA is only extendable one time for 30 days.

Free Visa holders: This visa is not extendable. Must exit Indonesia within 30 days from July 13th, 2020.

Visa Telex holders: You can get ITK/ITAS at the local immigration office. No need to travel to an Indonesian mission abroad to process the visa. Your payment receipt will act as your visa.

So I’m a sosbud visa holder which expired in June 2020, although I’m now eligible for a VITAS/KITAS but am unable to enter KL/Singapore etc to process and i am not a telex holder, this leaves me in a predicament. Australia is passing law on Monday that if you return now you have to pay $3000 for your 14 day quarantine period.

I did have a thought can i do the online VITAS application and get the telex which would put me in a better situation ?

Last edited:
So I’m a sosbud visa holder which expired in June 2020, although I’m now eligible for a VITAS/KITAS but am unable to enter KL/Singapore etc to process and i am not a telex holder, this leaves me in a predicament. Australia is passing law on Monday that if you return now you have to pay $3000 for your 14 day quarantine period.

I did have a thought can i do the online VITAS application and get the telex which would put me in a better situation ?
I would visit the KanIm nearest to you and ask them if it is possible- I would not visit on Monday or tuesday of this week though.
Give them time to deal with what is going to be a tsunami of enquiries, visits & requests etc. in the first week.

Seems like there are 2 possible avenues:

It is unclear if the SosBud "resets", meaning if it has extensions left, it can still be extended regardless of date it expired. So this could be one way.

Or arrange for KITAS in the next 30 days, you don't need to go abroad. ie. you apply like normal, when they issue you the telex you go to nearest immigration office instead of travelling to SIN/KL. It looks like they're starting to process ITAS applications again, so this maybe another possibility.

Best check with the local office, although I'm sure it will be super confusing for them too.

This is the official signed and the final document (other versions are drafts and not signed). Enjoy translating it.

Attachments

• SE DIRJENIM LAYANAN IZIN TINGGAL KEIMIGRASIAN DALAM TATANAN KENORMALAN BARU.pdf
    224.5 KB · Views: 758

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeterRodney
Back
Top Bottom