One year already... a personal message to you guys.

Secondly I agree with the prior comments about the tone of conversations. In particular my pet hate is the interrogation the an advertiser must face when they try to advertise their good or services on line. Most of these people follow the posting guidelines so it should be a case of do your own research and buy if you think it offers value for money. There is no need for every offer to be dissected on line.

Oh my god, I love you!

Thirdly i think the mediators should be more active and end conversations when they get out of hand.

Interesting. Is anyone else also in agreement with this? We are trying a more relaxed moderation but maybe it's too relaxed?

My comments are meant to criticise the site as it remains a great expat resource. They are simply my observations as a regular viewer of the site.

And it is highly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback.

Helping a forum like this to grow and sustain growth I think is an obligation not just of the board members but all regular users. It is a simple fact that if posts are of a high quality and interesting the site will attract other users.

Thank you again!

I'm kinda amazed that I'm still here, to be honest. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment...

We wouldn't have it any other way!

I participate in several online forums. Two based in Thailand, including one on which I was a moderator, have gone belly-up over the last 18 months. The second, Thailand Teaching Forum, just last week.

In this age when, let's face it, Facebook and its groups are slowly strangling traffic at online forums, it's nice to be a small part of a group that's bucking that trend, having some success.

i have been inactive for more than 6 months I guess.. last week I had a conversation with a chef from Italy, he's new in town and he wonders where to get some help or ideas or info that expats should know in casual way. and I said .. there's a forum that would fit you well... and suddenly I forgot the website of this forum ( shame on me... I put .com instead of .org) ....
and tracing back my way to this forum, I found out that this forum is one year old now.. yeaaaay happy birthday forum !!!

Gosh time flies when you have fun, quite unbelievable been going one year already, well done, many more years to come

wow, time flies so fast !
Happy first anniversary Forum Expatindo, glad to be part of you guys since it's created :party:

Congrats guys! Yes I agree the immigration regs seem to have settled down and so the topic isn't so hot anymore...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819