Obtaining Indonesian International Drivers License. Article .

Vanhelsing

Cager
CuPyZvq.jpg

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

"Jakarta, Otomania.com - For Indonesian citizens (citizen) who want to travel abroad and plans to borrow or rent a vehicle in the country of destination, it is obligatory have a driver's license (SIM) Internasionl or International Driving Permit (IDP)......"

"Regulation No. Police Chief. 9 of 2012, in Article 51 paragraph 1 mentioned the issuance of International MIS can be submitted to Korlantas or Polda Satpas. One at the Police Traffic Corps Bid Regident Subbid Driver of International Driving License on Jl Letjen MT Haryono, Kav 37-38, East Jakarta."

"......not as complicated as making regular SIM. Since you no longer need to undergo a theory or practice test using either a vehicle or a simulator, simply bring in the necessary completeness files."

"If all the files are complete, 15 minutes finished, even faster if the conditions are quiet," said one officer at NTMC Police to Otomania , Friday (19/05/2017)."

z1dQ9NR.jpg

Documents Required.
1. Original and copy of the original ID card
2. Original passport and copy
3. valid driver
4. KITAP (permanent residence card) and copy of the foreign color of the foreign country (WNA)
5. One stamp duty Rp. 6.000
6. Pas Foto 4 × 6 as many as three latest sheets. (Background is mandatory blue, for men must tie and women use Blezer).

"....take the queue number. Once called simply submit all the files and fill out the other completeness forms required for approval, including the signature on the sealed stamp.,,,,,,,make an administrative payment at the checkout. For the price, based on PP 50 of 2010 on Non-Tax State Revenue applicable in the State Police of the Republic of Indonesia, the fee for the new International Driving License is charged at Rp 250,000, while the extension is only Rp 225,000."

"..... the applicant will again take photos and fingerprints. Once completed, you immediately get an International Driving License driver guidebook."

Full article
http://www.otomania.com/read/2017/05/19/192500630/cara.singkat.dan.cepat.bikin.sim.internasional

Is there anywhere that lists the countries that recognize the validity of an Indonesian international license?

I would assume most countries accept an Indonesian driver's licence as valid. As far as I know I can drive around the UK for a year on an Indonesian SIM.
In effect I could go to the UK & ride a high powered motorcycle - even though I have never driven one.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere that lists the countries that recognize the validity of an Indonesian international license?

The inside front cover of the IDP lists the countries where it is accepted (regardless of which country has issued it). Didn't count them all but would estimate at least 180. Specific info probably available in Wikipedia.

And IDP IS basically an official translation in several languages of your driver's license. It is not valid without your original driver's license.

Most countries do not need one (the signatories of the 1949 Vienna convention), but it does help when you get stopped by a rural cop in Argentina or wherever.

List of Countries (Wikipedia)

The main office on Jl Letjen MT Haryono in Jakarta is clean and air conditioned - drive into the complex and turn left towards the main building and immediately to your right is the annex for the Intl. License. It took all of perhaps 20 minutes for myself and my wife to get ours about a year ago. It was one of those "Wow" moments in terms of official paperwork and a pleasure.

Very impressive
I just extended my IDP. Took 11 minutes to get the new one.
The most efficient service so far

The most efficient service so far

Did you wear a tie and blazer?

Btw, in many countries you can get it at the traveler's assistance organizations, those who do roadside assistance. It's all a formality.

In European countries I have used the normal Indonesian SIM for car hire with no problem at all. I'm not sure the point of this international SIM, since anyone able to apply for one must already have the normal SIM, which can be used abroad anyway (unless there are some countries that don't recognise it?).

Dont most travel insurance countries insist on IDP for insurance to be valid in case of an accident?

As a side note, I was amazed at how easy it was to get a local license (with an agent) Maybe 30 minutes to get photographed and sign some forms.

Did you wear a tie and blazer?

Btw, in many countries you can get it at the traveler's assistance organizations, those who do roadside assistance. It's all a formality.

No, just shirt (with collar), no tie.
Photo was taken and printed directly on the document. total processing time was less than 5 minutes.

Indeed, in some country you can obtain from post office. Nor sure if you can get it in less than 15 minutes.

In European countries I have used the normal Indonesian SIM for car hire with no problem at all. I'm not sure the point of this international SIM, since anyone able to apply for one must already have the normal SIM, which can be used abroad anyway (unless there are some countries that don't recognise it?).
Not for me, mostly (but not all) when I rent a car in Europe, Uk and us, they asked IDP and original driving license.
As far I recall, the only exception was in Athena, Greece.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back