Nothing witty have earache

Lithops

And the two seem to be mutually exclusive sorry.
Hello to all, I was in the other place where in did more lurking than posting so I aim to begin anew with a new name and the best of intentions to post wonderful things (when the damn ear stops hurting).
I've been in Indonesia since 2008 you know ' just for a year or so' now married, a baby on the way and building a house in beautiful Sulawesi *old me shakes head and raises eyebrow at young me*
I met my husband on Java and we only decided to move back end of last year so I'm still adjusting and if I'm honest feeling a leeeetle isolated but did I mention it was very beautiful...
Anyway great job and thanks for having me.

Hi Lithops, welcome to the forum, so nice to have people here from all around the islands & not just the same old, same old places.

Sulawesi is the same region (sorta) as Manado I think, I take it you aren't near Manado.

But there are several members (maybe some who haven't joined up yet) from that region.

I reckon they will chip in and try to stave off the isolation factor.

Oh & get well soon... I had a very horrid ear problem for almost 2 years- I was partially deaf from it & I still haven't got my full hearing back yet- but the ears don't hurt anymore.

& Pusp- I recall your story about your husband's ear visitor- not sure if Lithops wants to know that one though.

Hi Lithops,

Glad to see one more person living in the most beautiful island of the archipelago joining us. Where exactly in SulTeng did you land?

Sulawesi is the same region (sorta) as Manado I think, I take it you aren't near Manado.
Sulawesi is the Island and it includes several propinsi (6) like North Sulawesi where I am and Central Sulawesi where Lithops is. I was used to go to Poso and Palu twice a month down the transsulawesi with our trucks a few years ago to buy rice, chocolate and other commodities, sending manufactured goods and other stuff from Manado. I really love Lithops region. Not as nice as the Minahasa but not far behind. :)

Thanks for the info A. I am still learning the geography of the place :)
Anyhow, I hope to get to that particular island one day- deffo on my bucket list.

Thanks for the info A. I am still learning the geography of the place :)
Anyhow, I hope to get to that particular island one day- deffo on my bucket list.
So much to do here from diving to hiking. Save for the region of Tanah Toraja we don't have much cultural curiosity to propose but the natural scenery is wonderful. And unlike the reputation it may have due to the conflict of Poso in the late 90's it is very safe.

So much to do here from diving to hiking. Save for the region of Tanah Toraja we don't have much cultural curiosity to propose but the natural scenery is wonderful. And unlike the reputation it may have due to the conflict of Poso in the late 90's it is very safe.
I was thinking sedentary activities: sitting watching sunsets & sipping margaritas.

Last time (& first) I went diving was an experience that can never be surpassed, so I will avoid that :D

I love Manado & Tomohon we have family that way, gorgeous, any excuse for a trip up. but yeh I live by Danau Poso, Tentena and yep we make the Palu supply trip atleast twice a month, and the cinema if I nag enough/anything decent showing.
Now if it would only stop raining my house might be finished this year! and there is a vicious rumour of fibre optic cable heading this way eeeeeep.

Loads of pig & booze this way Bad, my spare room is yours when its (finally) done. Sundowners on the veranda overlooking the lake, not too shabby.

we make the Palu supply trip atleast twice a month,
Holly Macquerel! You have to go to Palu to get some supply!? Jeez, you are even more in the bush than Manado was when I first arrive 15 years ago!

Do you speak the linguo? To me it is what has made me adapting pretty fast and not feeling isolated. And I love the way we speak Bahasa Indonesia here in Manado. We have this unique creole language and it makes anyone else in the archipelago know where we come from as soon as we open the mouth. I was in JKT a few days ago and I did not finished my first sentence to my taxi driver that he interrupted me and asked me if I was coming from Ambon or Manado. He was an Ambonese and I had one of the coolest ride to Soetta I ever had.

Are there a few bule where you live or are you the only curiosity? Does Danau Poso start to attract again some tourism?

I love Manado & Tomohon we have family that way, gorgeous, any excuse for a trip up. but yeh I live by Danau Poso, Tentena and yep we make the Palu supply trip atleast twice a month, and the cinema if I nag enough/anything decent showing.
Now if it would only stop raining my house might be finished this year! and there is a vicious rumour of fibre optic cable heading this way eeeeeep.
If you get fibre optic before I do, I am going to cry & sulk.

Welcome to the forum! So glad to see new faces!

not that there is anything wrong with the old faces :D

Welcome to the forum! So glad to see new faces!

not that there is anything wrong with the old faces :D
She is an old face ... :D

& not a newbie

* ftr: I didn't mean you have an old face Lithops... don't clobber me with your fibre optic & ham shanks :p

Welcome Lithops. Where are you from originally? I'm from the uk and also married to an Indonesian guy.
After 12 years in Indonesia I still haven't made it to Sulawesi. Hopefully soon. There is a trail run coming up there soon but logistically not feasible due to work. Damn needing to work :p

I was thinking sedentary activities: sitting watching sunsets & sipping margaritas.

Last time (& first) I went diving was an experience that can never be surpassed, so I will avoid that :D

Sounds like a story there....

Oh there is but it is more one of those "you had to be there" kinda tale- not sure I can do it justice in the written word.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao
Back