No package delivery to Indonesia

Digitarius

I found a product I want to buy from the U.S. but the company does not deliver to Indonesia or Thailand for some unexplained reason.

Does anyone know of a way to buy something from such a company and have it sent to Indonesia sort of like through forwarding company for small items. I found forwarding companies only for large bulk products. DHL or UPS, FEDEX is out of the question due to the insurmountable fee. Anyone have any suggestions. The item I want to buy cost $105 dollars and I know I'll pay some type of shipping which is ok just not a huge fee so as the price doubles.

What do you mean again? I never asked this question before.
Really???

I found a product I want to buy from the U.S. but the company does not deliver to Indonesia or Thailand for some unexplained reason.

Does anyone know of a way to buy something from such a company and have it sent to Indonesia sort of like through forwarding company for small items. I found forwarding companies only for large bulk products. DHL or UPS, FEDEX is out of the question due to the insurmountable fee. Anyone have any suggestions. The item I want to buy cost $105 dollars and I know I'll pay some type of shipping which is ok just not a huge fee so as the price doubles.
You should expect to pay around 100% of the declared purchase price to Customs in "taxes" on top of DHL fees. However what is more likely is that they will just keep the item and sell it on Shopee (happened to me a few times).

So like using a logistic company without paying to a logistic company. Put it in someone’s suitcase who’s coming into asia or indo and send it from there.

For bea masuk, it really depends on the HS code provided.

You can also reduce the declared value on the export invoice.

You should expect to pay around 100% of the declared purchase price to Customs in "taxes" on top of DHL fees. However what is more likely is that they will just keep the item and sell it on Shopee (happened to me a few times).
So they purposely charge exorbitant fees knowing you won't want to pay them so they can then sell your item for cash.

So like using a logistic company without paying to a logistic company. Put it in someone’s suitcase who’s coming into asia or indo and send it from there.

For bea masuk, it really depends on the HS code provided.

You can also reduce the declared value on the export invoice.
There are forwarding companies that will accept your delivery at their address and forward the package to you. U.S. has the reverse of that if you are ordering from a country that will not deliver to the U.S. Reducing declared item would not work because the company does not deliver to Indonesia at all.

I’m not totally sure why you would use a forwarder for a small item. It’ll be be a lot more expensive. You still have to pay for it to be sent to Indonesia also.

Not sure if you can promote companies here but my forwarder is brilliant. However I still get the invoice for all handling, bea masuk dll ..

This is a major issue. It's happened to me many times. Crazy import fees, that is. Always got the goods after I paid the ransom though. Delared prices mean nothing to them either. They will search the internet for a price they like and even a sales invoice will not change their valuation. Whatever number they decide upon is not going to change.

Do you think so ?? There are a lot of postings about custom in Indonesia. In the past it was still ok, but since recently their behaviour is one of the the weirdest one on earth.
I know a person who sent a "giant nail"cutter which is not available in Indonesia (or very difficult to find, if exist). They would need to pay custom twice the price of this item to get this item. So do not hold your breath thinking you will not be paying the custom similar to the price you have paid for the item.
Custom people are using the scapegoat, blaming too many smuggled items, which are actually quoting their own failure without shaming themselves. In the meanwhile a lot of luxury goods, big motor bikes, sport cars, handbags, liquors, fine wines are passed through Halim Perdana Kusuma Airport

Last edited:
I’m not totally sure why you would use a forwarder for a small item. It’ll be be a lot more expensive. You still have to pay for it to be sent to Indonesia also.

Not sure if you can promote companies here but my forwarder is brilliant. However I still get the invoice for all handling, bea masuk dll ..
Because I can't think of any other way to get the item since the dealer will not ship it to Indonesia. How good are they are what is their pricing like? I just want to order a bottle of vitamins actually.

Because I can't think of any other way to get the item since the dealer will not ship it to Indonesia. How good are they are what is their pricing like? I just want to order a bottle of vitamins actually.
If it is just vitamin, not patented drugs, I will try to find the substitute from other brands. It has been too long the drug industries in the US try to fool people thinking that it is only their brands could provide the remedial effect needed.
Vitamins are vitamins they have the same active ingredients. Vitamin A (e.g Retinol) in one country can not become Vitamin AZ in another country if you buy it from official outlets such as you get it from the doctors, pharmacies, big drug stores, and not from the street.

Last edited:
I frequently purchase goods (typically diving and underwater photography equipment) online from outside Indonesia with shipping addresses in Indonesia. My brother usually to pick it up from the post office after receiving the notification. Few times, I did myself. I always ask the seller to write the correct HS number and the price as it is. Never get any problem, always pay import duties according to the HS number. never pay extra. Delivery time vary, 2 weeks to 6 weeks.
In the near future, if I can't find it Indonesia, I will buy 30 kwh lithium powerwall. Let see

If it is just vitamin, not patented drugs, I will try to find the substitute from other brands. It has been too long the drug industries in the US try to fool people thinking that it is only their brands could provide the remedial effect needed.
Vitamin is vitamin they have the same active ingredients. Vitamin A in one country can not become Vitamin AZ in another country if you buy it from official outlets such as you get it from the doctors, pharmacies, big drug stores, and not from the street.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819