Need help on how to use WordPress

Mark Shiels

Hi everyone,
I currently use WordPress as my web site design tool for a personal website. This website is becoming more of a blog on some technical aspect of an area I am working in, which is hydrogen fuel cells. The problem is I can't seem to get to grips with Word Press and am having difficulty in updating the site (particularly with video and animations). I guess I have two options, either find someone who can show me how to do these things or indeed, find who I can get to do this for me on a regular part-time basis ? Any help in this would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark.

Where are you located?

I'd be happy to help you over a coffee.

What is the problem your having? Page setup, plugin problem, link/embedding video, or API.

I would be glad to help but need more info or a screenshot.

I reckon he either found help or stopped blogging by now...

I managed to fix some of the issues however now there appears to be a problem with the way the pages are displayed when you open specific articles. You can see what I mean if you open any of the links on www.markshiels.com

I reckon I suck at WordPress !

Perhaps you could write something on hydrogen solutions in 3rd world countries, Mark?

Here for instance:

As a side note: I see that Toyota is more or less admitting they bet on the wrong horse (hydrogen cars with hybrid as short term solution). Which is similar but opposed to the wrong bet by others (diesel by MB and VW). They have started to work together with a Chinese car manufacturer and Suzuki in India to speed up their full electric battery based solutions.

Looking at the page. The dimensions of the div need to be larger than the video. So the video dimensions should go into a box that fits it. You can adjust the size of the video or adjust the div.

Are you using a plugin?

Maybe a screenshot of your editing/ backend method would be helpful.

Another tip is to Photoshop your pics to make them less fuzzy. This can be done in a way not to increase size thus load. It looks more like a college course site, rather than an investment site based on the pics, this can be changed and would make a huge difference.

Interesting stuff btw. I studied environmental science and solar assessment in college.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao
Back