Need a foreigner for assignment at college

Kezeayemima

I’m Kezea Yemima from one of university in Jakarta. I and my friend need a foreigner to be interviewed about issues from your local country. It’s just some questions.
Does someone want to help me? We can meet tomorrow somewhere in Central or West jakarta :)
Thankyou :D

It's a shame my home country has no issues. So there's not much to tell, really.

I’m Kezea Yemima from one of university in Jakarta. I and my friend need a foreigner to be interviewed about issues from your local country. It’s just some questions.
Does someone want to help me? We can meet tomorrow somewhere in Central or West jakarta :)
Thankyou :D
I'm too far away to be interviewed in person, but happy to answer some questions online...

Ya right. Like I am going to Jakarta Pusat this week.

If only she had said this week.

She said Sunday which was last week and was still completely fine in Jakarta.

Since you won't be taking up the invitation why do you have to make yet again another snark comment. We honestly don't give a shit at all whether you wanna go to central or west Jakarta @waarmstrong.

A nebulous single post request from perhaps a student or maybe someone on the staff at an unnamed university with a nameless friend who together want to interview a foreigner about unspecified home country issues almost immediately at an unspecified Central or West Jakarta location.

In that there were no relies, no follow-up and Sunday had passed when I saw the post, suggesting a meet up later in the week did not seem to be inappropriate. A "no" answer did seem appropriate given the news at the time was predicting huge demonstrations and some embassies were warning against travel in the area.

Beyond that, my post was intended to highlight the thoughtlessness and lack of specificity of the interview request, if the post was to be believed at all. It could have been, rather than a solicitation for interviewees, just as easily a search for victims to present themselves for mugging.

My feeling is that your finger wagging is misplaced.

It could have been, rather than a solicitation for interviewees, just as easily a search for victims to present themselves for mugging.

If you're dumb enough to meet a stranger on the internet in an unsafe location without proper diligence, then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet at all.

My feeling is that your finger wagging is misplaced.

It's very well placed. We are sick of your attitude.

The OP has made an innocent request, it could have had more information, but it does not violate any of our posting guidelines, unlike your post which was unnecessarily harsh to a newbie.

As a reminder:

Be nice to newbies
New forum users are to be encouraged to participate in our forum. Please give them extra latitude and the benefit of doubt. Refrain from responding to a genuine newbie user with sarcasm, terse one liners or other unwelcoming attitude.

If you're dumb enough to meet a stranger on the internet in an unsafe location without proper diligence, then maybe you shouldn't be on the internet at all.

That was the point. In this case, the invite was so thoughtlessly composed it invited skepticism as to its validity.

It's very well placed. We are sick of your attitude.

Of course, we disagree.

The OP has made an innocent request, it could have had more information, but it does not violate any of our posting guidelines, unlike your post which was unnecessarily harsh to a newbie.

Presuming innocents, is a bridge to far for me, and probably for anyone else, as you say, dumb enough to meet a stranger on the internet in an unsafe location. (Perhaps that explains why there were no takers.)

Nor do I feel it was harsh to highlight the difficulties of traveling in Jakarta compounded here by the potential for political/religious demonstrations, especially when coupled with a helpful suggestion.

Even though you find it objectionable, I feel its within the bounds of the rule. Unlike you, I did not make any derogatory reference to the poster.

That was the point. In this case, the invite was so thoughtlessly composed it invited skepticism as to its validity.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Presuming innocents, is a bridge to far for me, and probably for anyone else, as you say, dumb enough to meet a stranger on the internet in an unsafe location. (Perhaps that explains why there were no takers.)

Do I really have to point out that you can pick the location? Like a mall for instance? Geez, talk about arguing in bad faith.

Nor do I feel it was harsh to highlight the difficulties of traveling in Jakarta compounded here by the potential for political/religious demonstrations, especially when coupled with a helpful suggestion.

Then don't live/stay in Jakarta. I wonder what all these millions people traveling around Jakarta every day deal with it.

She made the invite for Sunday, which is the quietest day of the week and as such the easiest to travel. And as I've already explained, the conditions in Jakarta were normal on Sunday.

Unlike you, I did not make any derogatory reference to the poster.

Excuse me? Derogatory reference? You must be confused.

You're out of your mind. You just saw yet another opportunity to be a dick and you took it. And now you're relying on extremely weak arguments to justify your behavior. Like I said, we're sick of it and we have been for a long time. But please, carry on digging your own hole.

I won't waste any more time arguing with you, I've already made my point clear.

Since you won't be taking up the invitation why do you have to make yet again another snark comment. We honestly don't give a shit at all whether you wanna go to central or west Jakarta @waarmstrong.
There's a good function on this forum called "ignore", well designed to be applied to users who can only contribute snarkiness, like the one mentioned.

But okay, perhaps it would be better if in the future, someone with an assignment to inquire the expat population, would publish a list of questions here on the forum. Quite some have done that before of course.

We arrived to our hotel last night near Cikini station, from the airport and luckily saw no evidence of any problems.

It is wonderful to arrive at CGK around midnight, and make it to your hotel in less than 30 minutes.

I have sat quite a few of these assignment interviews over the years and always enjoyed the experience. Nothing wrong with helping a young person with a school assignment.

Visit Fatahillah on a weekday then. Chances are you will be asked 20+ times.

Visit Fatahillah on a weekday then. Chances are you will be asked 20+ times.

I don't go out LOOKING for these interviews, just saying that I have done a few over the years. Not a problem.

I dont think you get my point. These schools tell their students to find a bule in those areas and interview the person.

Like this...

And the younger kids from elementary schools get as assignment to collect as much signatures from bule as possible. On a certain moment you have fifty children surrounding you and pushing their cards in your face.

It becomes very annoying. If I take family or friends to visit old Batavia (as one of the few interesting places in Jakarta) I don't get a chance to do so since we get bombarded by these requests.

Now of course you can always refuse but that's not very nice against these kids. You see their disappointment.

Also, I dont blame them, they just do what the assignment tells them. But the teachers? That's a different story.

If you really want your students to pick up something from outside of RI, why not invite a foreigner (via this forum for instance) in your classroom for an afternoon and have her/him tell something with a question and answer session?

But that never happens. Nope, we get "what do you think about the people/food/.... in Indonesia?"

If you really want your students to pick up something from outside of RI, why not invite a foreigner (via this forum for instance) in your classroom for an afternoon and have her/him tell something with a question and answer session?

Had an invite to my Sons' classroom (English class) when he was around 6 years old. When the teacher asked me what should the children call me, I said "Mr. Gray will do just fine."
The teacher was at a loss as they always taught the kids to address adult men as 'Uncle __".

Hey, I'm not related to you kids!! Haha.

Had an invite to my Sons' classroom (English class) when he was around 6 years old. When the teacher asked me what should the children call me, I said "Mr. Gray will do just fine."
The teacher was at a loss as they always taught the kids to address adult men as 'Uncle __".

Hey, I'm not related to you kids!! Haha.
I know a manado woman called Mrs. Gray
she plays a wonderful badminton!
are u related?haha

I recalled so many task about this.
why don't just invite them to sit and interview them, and if they agree, u can make a youtube channel. just like "react" "katabocah" etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maria clara
Back