Moderator(s): Software Problem or Human Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gratilla

At least one msg lost in transit (re Return to Indo).

Software problem or human error?

Is this the post you are looking for? It got moved into the closed "derail" thread by another mod since it fit better into that conversation.

Does that answer your question, or was it something else that seemed glitchy?

No, of course not. That's obviously not missing.

The tri-sarcasm post is one, which should be obvious to mods. There appear to be others.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm also getting regular garbage posts sent to my inbox; a disproportionate number penned by snpark for some reason.

The tri-sarcasm post is one, which should be obvious to mods

If it is this one, then it's in the same thread that was split off. It just appears a lot higher than your reply because chronologically it was posted much earlier (Thursday, and your reply was Saturday).

There appear to be others.

As far as I can tell no posts have been deleted other than obvious spam. If you recall any specific ones, I could investigate further.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm also getting regular garbage posts sent to my inbox; a disproportionate number penned by snpark for some reason.

Go to your browsing preferences, and see if you checked "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...and receive email notifications of replies". If so, uncheck those.

Also, you will receive notification when someone starts a conversation with you. If you don't want this, go to Contact Details, and uncheck "Receive email when a new conversation message is received".

No, of course not. That's obviously not missing.

The tri-sarcasm post is one, which should be obvious to mods. There appear to be others.

I'm not sending you anything, just for the record.

OMG SN, now we know how you badgered Fred into leaving...?!

OMG SN, now we know how you badgered Fred into leaving...?!

I think Fred badgered himself

I always imagine Fred to be Compo from "Last of the Summer Wine" BBC TV years ago

1) I'm familiar with how "browsing preferences" is supposed to work, however it doesn't explain why I'm getting OPs (which shouldn't be affected) including the Err/Stuff precursor, which I mentioned elsewhere. Case in point, I just got an offer for 20 Galaxies - obvious spam.

2) Nor does it explain why I had been getting snark postings (no more, thank God) that I have no interest in. No big deal, they quickly get deleted and thrown out with the trash.

3) Perhaps the mods could admonish the derailers above and suggest they start their own threads. This one is for possible forum software problems.

4) Also, I find distasteful members posting msgs trashing people that (have left) and are not in a position to respond. Very immature.

5) Conclusion to date: The forum is very cliquey - more for self/mutual back-patting and not for serious exchanges. This was mentioned much better by another member elsewhere as a major reason the forum is dieing.

Last edited:
1) I'm familiar with how "browsing preferences" is supposed to work, however it doesn't explain why I'm getting OPs (which shouldn't be affected) including the Err/Stuff precursor, which I mentioned elsewhere. Case in point, I just got an offer for 20 Galaxies - obvious spam.

2) Nor does it explain why I had been getting snark postings (no more, thank God) that I have no interest in. No big deal, they quickly get deleted and thrown out with the trash.

3) Perhaps the mods could admonish the derailers above and suggest they start their own threads. This one is for possible forum software problems.

4) Also, I find distasteful members posting msgs trashing people that (have left) and are not in a position to respond. Very immature.

5) Conclusion to date: The forum is very cliquey - more for self/mutual back-patting and not for serious exchanges. This was mentioned much better by another member elsewhere as a major reason the forum is dieing.

Once again I categorically DENY sending you any messages or posting anything derogatory to you or about you.

Please clarify your statement above.

Are you sure you have not subscribed to certain threads, to receive notifications of updates or new posts?
I don't think I have even started a new thread. I certainly have not "derailed" any nor have I sent you any messages or postings.

Which messages do you say I have posted "trashing" people? Who has left?

1) Go to General Chat forum: https://forum.expatindo.org/forums/general-chat.6/ , click on "Watch Forum" on top right corner, uncheck receive e-mails. Or switch the radio button to "Don't sent notification". Repeat for all other forums you may be watching.
2) Ok, so one problem solved.
3) Ok.
4) So, now it's ok to derail? I'm confused. I thought this thread was for technical issues. Maybe you can start a thread on things you find distasteful. Speaking of things that are distasteful, you should probably include gross innuendo like this in your new thread. I'm sure many find that far more distasteful.
5) Also another derail. Maybe you can start another thread on why you think the forum is dying? In particular, one possible culprit is that we continue to allow access to users who tell other users that their forum posts belong on Facebook.

Last edited:
Once again I categorically DENY sending you any messages or posting anything derogatory to you or about you.

Please clarify your statement above.

Get a grip man!

Nowhere have I accused you of (1) sending me messages or (2) posting anything derogatory about me.

For the understanding challanged I will clarify using vry shrt wrds.

(1) "I had been getting snark (oops - Freudian) postings ..." clearly suggests, as per the thread title, that the s/w is at fault.

(2) "I find distasteful members posting msgs trashing people that (have left) and are not in a position to respond." obviously does not refer to me.

Is that clear enough? <sheeeshh>

[1] So, now it's ok to derail? I'm confused.

[2] Speaking of things that are distasteful, you should probably include gross innuendo like this in your new thread. I'm sure many find that far more distasteful.

[3] users who tell other users that their forum posts belong on Facebook.

[1] My condolences. I think my msgs are very clear.

[2] snpark liked it. Puspawarna says she likes even grosser stuff and claims the same for Bad_Azz. Looks like you're in a minority.

[3] I didn't realize I made such an indelible impression. Perhaps you'd feel more comfortable on Facebook. Wasn't it you who informed us elsewhere it was a great place for flamers and venters? I wouldn't know.

You got to admit it is kind of hilarious, @snpark .

It is like: "Because of my own incompetence I activated some option that made me receive all these postings via e-mail and while making a huge deal out of that and blaming the SW I will accuse you for the inferior contents of your epistles. And your rudeness. But hey, don't get excited about that, lighten up a bit, will you?"

[1] My condolences. I think my msgs are very clear.

[2] snpark liked it. Puspawarna says she likes even grosser stuff and claims the same for Bad_Azz. Looks like you're in a minority.

[3] I didn't realize I made such an indelible impression. Perhaps you'd feel more comfortable on Facebook. Wasn't it you who informed us elsewhere it was a great place for flamers and venters? I wouldn't know.

Since you didn't respond to my first item, is it ok for me to infer that my suggestion corrected your "software" issue? If so, I will file it under my done pile. Oh, and you're welcome.

BTW, nice try editing your post, you clearly said SNPARK originally, whether you meant to type snark or not, you said SNPARK messages, meaning me. Hence my reply to you saying it was NOT me
Post #9 "Last edited: Today at 11:09 AM"

Man, you flip flop more than Trump. You want to backtrack on the other accusations now too?
Who is being made fun of that has left? Fred? He is still here on the forum, hasn't left or even been banned AFAIK ?

Just take a chill pill will you, you just making it worse, it's just a forum FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back