merp to be continous during lifetime kitap ?

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
During a visit to confirm docs for kitap renewal ,our friendly immigration officer said that during the life of kitap merp must be constantly applied every 2 years whether you use or not , this of course is crazy ! I have to say I heard this before at another imm office and dismissed it as rubbish .

Anyone else have information on this ?

I am afraid it is true. In my opinion the whole MERP thingy should be scrapped. They don't even allow to apply for it while living abroad (embassy, agent ect.). I asked for MERP-renewal while living outside Indonesia- few weeks ago in KAN IMIGrasi class 1 in Bandung.

During my recent ITAP renewal process (post #17 of this thread : https://forum.expatindo.org/showthread.php?703-KITAP-renewal-fee/page2), I only was told by the stay permit section supervisor that the "re-entry permit" for a ITAP holder should remain valid but that there was no penalty if one does not renew the permit before the expiration date. Also, that supervisor told me that "soon" there will be available a 5-year re-entry permit for ITAP holders...what a brilliant idea! :pound:

During my recent ITAP renewal process (post #17 of this thread : https://forum.expatindo.org/showthread.php?703-KITAP-renewal-fee/page2), I only was told by the stay permit section supervisor that the "re-entry permit" for a ITAP holder should remain valid but that there was no penalty if one does not renew the permit before the expiration date. Also, that supervisor told me that "soon" there will be available a 5-year re-entry permit for ITAP holders...what a brilliant idea! :pound:

Thanks that what I understood , good info !

I saw on the fee board at immigration jakarta that there is a 5 year MERP for around 3.2 mio. Can anybody stae the law where it is written in? Thanks a lot

I saw on the fee board at immigration jakarta that there is a 5 year MERP for around 3.2 mio. Can anybody stae the law where it is written in? Thanks a lot
Dear Pak DR. MICHAEL BEER,
There is indeed a "new" MERP valid "more than 2 years but not more than 5 years" for the price of RP 3.250.000
BUT, it is not valid for most KITAP holder, like you or me. Only those who reside/work in a Special Economic Zone (Kawasan Ekonomi Khusus) may benefit from it. This "new" immigration facility is in accordance with a regulation signed by Presiden Jokowi in late 2015.

The same statute has also introduced an ITAS for 5 (yes, five) years at the cost of Rp 3.500.000 and a Visa Kunjungan Saat Kedatangan valid for 30 days and extendable up to 5 (yes, again five) times.

You want to know more? Stay tuned and keep an eye on www.expatindo.org. I am working (albeit slowly) on an article for our community.

H
Dear Pak DR. MICHAEL BEER,
There is indeed a "new" MERP valid "more than 2 years but not more than 5 years" for the price of RP 3.250.000
BUT, it is not valid for most KITAP holder, like you or me. Only those who reside/work in a Special Economic Zone (Kawasan Ekonomi Khusus) may benefit from it. This "new" immigration facility is in accordance with a regulation signed by Presiden Jokowi in late 2015.

The same statute has also introduced an ITAS for 5 (yes, five) years at the cost of Rp 3.500.000 and a Visa Kunjungan Saat Kedatangan valid for 30 days and extendable up to 5 (yes, again five) times.

You want to know more? Stay tuned and keep an eye on www.expatindo.org. I am working (albeit slowly) on an article for our community.
ello Atlantis, how is your promised article going?

Last time I lived in Indo we simply went to a separate desk at the airport and got a single exit and re-entry permit is this still the case? That being said we didn't leave every month.

Last time I lived in Indo we simply went to a separate desk at the airport and got a single exit and re-entry permit is this still the case? That being said we didn't leave every month.

Nope, things have changed. There is no more SERP, just MERP. And it has become mandatory for ITAS/ITAP holders.

Now I have no idea what happens when you show up at the airport without a valid one. (And I don't plan to find out myself.)

[QUOTE="jstar, post: 32923, member:

Now I have no idea what happens when you show up at the airport without a valid one. (And I don't plan to find out myself.)[/QUOTE]

Ah hum, yep guilty, I totally forgot to renew my MERP, I had to go to Guangzhou to look at an aircraft, MERP expired, total refusal exit, told to go and see the head immigration at CGK, again no go, but as I was leaving I met some aircrew, they said come with us as crew, I thought , No, not going down that road, so on the way home I dropped my passport off at the Tangerang immigration office for MERP renewal

Mine is due for renewal next week, I was lax re that as for some reason I had mid Feb in my head... anyway. I do hope there is no penalty, cos I have no intention of leaving RI in the next few weeks/months. & it will be a minor miracle if I can get to KanIm & get it done by next Friday.
I have other demands on my cash & that is the bottom of the priority pile- it will only get higher if I find out there is a penalty.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back