Merp renewal

colroe

Charter Member
MERP Renewal

Is there a set number of days in which to renew an entry/exit permit? My permit expires on 21 Feb 2020, KITAP expires on 21 Feb 2021.

I renewed mine once 2.5 years after it expired with no issues, this was around 2014.

Mine has expired 1 year ago.
It's a useless immigration product for me (albeit theoretically a mandatory one) since I have no plan nor will to go outside Indonesia. I will renew it when I will report at the date of report, 5 years after my "unlimited time" KITAP was granted.
That is if I can't be arsed to become WNI before of course.

Mine has expired 1 year ago.
It's a useless immigration product for me (albeit theoretically a mandatory one) since I have no plan nor will to go outside Indonesia. I will renew it when I will report at the date of report, 5 years after my "unlimited time" KITAP was granted.
That is if I can't be arsed to become WNI before of course.
Just got my new one, for 12 months, 1 juta, 2 days. Seems like a money grab to me, but if I do need to exit in a hurry I am not worried.

As far as I know, as long as you stay in Indonesia, you can let it expired and renew it when you need to travel abroad and return to Indo.

My MERP expired while I am abroad so now I am in a situation where I need to renew or at least find a way how to avoid issue when entering Indo with expired MERP unless if they OK me to get VOA

Good morning all and hope all is well. Here is my update as of 02/20/2020:

History:
  1. KITAP still valid until this December 2020
  2. MERP was expired in January 2020
  3. Current location USA and did not renew my MERP on my last trip to Indonesia
  4. I never been outside Indonesia more than a year
  5. KJRI LA willing to take my KITAP and furnished a letter stating that I surrender my KITAP (they assumed this letter should be sufficient in case Imigrasi Jakarta asked about MERP status) or if I need to renew my MERP while abroad I will need approval from Dirjen Imigrasi Jakarta
Objective:
  1. How to renew MERP while abroad
  2. How to go back to Indonesia with valid KITAP and expired MERP
Updates:
After months of slow searching (yet intensified lately due to my upcoming trip to Indo), I managed to get in touch with someone from Dirjen Imigrasi Jakarta and she said that she can provide approval from Dirjen Imigrasi to obtain IMK (Ijin Masuk Kembali) which I think the same with Re-Entry Permit where she will send the approval by TELEX to KJRI LA and I need to go there or send my passport to obtain the stamp that will valid for 30 days, then upon arrival in Indonesia, I can apply for the MERP again.

This is quiet a hazzle to be honest because my goal is just go to Indonesia for short trip/vacation and at the same time surrendering my KITAP and at the same time I try not to get into trouble when entering Indonesia with expired MERP.

Does anyone here have experience returning to Indonesia with expired MERP?

I will be more than happy to surrender my KITAP upon arrival and obtain VOA rather than going to Dirjen and KJRI LA

Thanks again all
smile.png

Bonaldi

If you're not willing to accept their solution to 'save' your KITAP, you don't have much of an option besides going to RI and be castigated.

We've seen a couple of these cases over the years and they almost always made it difficult for the person involved, with forcing to wait a long time and to be chastised, but in the end they were allowed to re-enter the country.

Does anyone know if you get 'two more years' on your renewal? Or does it expire two years from application? E.g., if your re-entry permit expires in October on a KITAP expiring in 3 years from now and you apply now, when will the re-entry permit expire?

Does anyone know if you get 'two more years' on your renewal? Or does it expire two years from application? E.g., if your re-entry permit expires in October on a KITAP expiring in 3 years from now and you apply now, when will the re-entry permit expire?

It will expire 2 years after it was granted, so if you apply now, probably a couple of months earlier than October 2022.

It will expire 2 years after it was granted, so if you apply now, probably a couple of months earlier than October 2022.
yes have had for 2 years but am not in indonesia to extend. I know if I am in indoesia it doesnt matter if it goes over the date

If you are abroad you can get a short-term MERP in an Indonesian embassy abroad, valid for entry to Indonesia. When you enter, you can apply for a regular MERP.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maria clara
Back