Just got my new one, for 12 months, 1 juta, 2 days. Seems like a money grab to me, but if I do need to exit in a hurry I am not worried.Mine has expired 1 year ago.
It's a useless immigration product for me (albeit theoretically a mandatory one) since I have no plan nor will to go outside Indonesia. I will renew it when I will report at the date of report, 5 years after my "unlimited time" KITAP was granted.
That is if I can't be arsed to become WNI before of course.
If you're not willing to accept their solution to 'save' your KITAP, you don't have much of an option besides going to RI and be castigated.Good morning all and hope all is well. Here is my update as of 02/20/2020:
- KITAP still valid until this December 2020
- MERP was expired in January 2020
- Current location USA and did not renew my MERP on my last trip to Indonesia
- I never been outside Indonesia more than a year
- KJRI LA willing to take my KITAP and furnished a letter stating that I surrender my KITAP (they assumed this letter should be sufficient in case Imigrasi Jakarta asked about MERP status) or if I need to renew my MERP while abroad I will need approval from Dirjen Imigrasi Jakarta
- How to renew MERP while abroad
- How to go back to Indonesia with valid KITAP and expired MERP
After months of slow searching (yet intensified lately due to my upcoming trip to Indo), I managed to get in touch with someone from Dirjen Imigrasi Jakarta and she said that she can provide approval from Dirjen Imigrasi to obtain IMK (Ijin Masuk Kembali) which I think the same with Re-Entry Permit where she will send the approval by TELEX to KJRI LA and I need to go there or send my passport to obtain the stamp that will valid for 30 days, then upon arrival in Indonesia, I can apply for the MERP again.
This is quiet a hazzle to be honest because my goal is just go to Indonesia for short trip/vacation and at the same time surrendering my KITAP and at the same time I try not to get into trouble when entering Indonesia with expired MERP.
Does anyone here have experience returning to Indonesia with expired MERP?
I will be more than happy to surrender my KITAP upon arrival and obtain VOA rather than going to Dirjen and KJRI LA
Thanks again all