Long overstay 3years+ in Indonesia

Another very, very good reason for the family to come and assist is to avoid what the Immigration will immediately suspect: Prostitution.

Absolutely no offense intended to you Hamonajiwa, but if Imigrasi see a young, 21 y.o female illegal immigrant from South east Asia or China the very first thing they have in mind is KA-RA-O-KE. Don't be surprised if they ask you if you know how to sing.

Having pop and mom with you will greatly defuse this possibility and the rudeness they may be tempted to have with you if they think along that way. It is important that they see you as someone's daughter.

It's astonishing to me that someone, whoever it is, advised you to leave your family out of it. They are your best asset for a quick settlement.

Huh? @jstar what is it? A copy paste of LIIF link?

"you do not need anybody to support you" ??????????? Really? Marcus wrote that? Has he ever seen a RuTen? Seen a cell? Does he think they serve gourmet three course meal with an Equil bottle of sparkling water there?

& I'll have a Waldorf salad ...... sorry, we seem to be all out of Waldorfs

Yeah, its exactly what his advice. Advice me go alone to KaIm. I was so confused and wonder what will happen if the immigration think I am bad girl?!?.
So very sure now is I am will go with family to KaIm. Thankfull because I knew this forum and get helpful advice.

I would like to ask about the appropriate time to come to the office and report
I checked the return ticket flight from jakarta back to vietnam and had only one flight at 14.40pm daily.
Should I go to the immigration office one day ahead or should get there at 8 am (office opening hours) in the same day as the flight ticket?
We plan will buy 3 ticket return for me, daddy and mom at the same day. Is that good plan?
I know I have so many questions, but hope you guys can help me, I am waiting for them come here so I need already everything and know clearly step

I checked the return ticket flight from jakarta back to vietnam and had only one flight at 14.40pm daily.
Should I go to the immigration office one day ahead or should get there at 8 am (office opening hours) in the same day as the flight ticket?
We plan will buy 3 ticket return for me, daddy and mom at the same day. Is that good plan?
I know I have so many questions, but hope you guys can help me, I am waiting for them come here so I need already everything and know clearly step
I can't advise you on what time to go to immigrasi but as someone already advised you earlier you should purchase a ticket that can be postponed easily (AirAsia offer this - I think its called Premium Flex). If the immigration guys decided to hold you for a little while you can just change the flight to a later date. The ticket is more expensive to buy but since you dont know if they will let you take the flight you could loose all the money you spent on the ticket if you dont get a flexible one like that.
I wish you the best, take care and good luck getting home and being with your family

Hi Hamonajiwa, I have read your post asking for it earlier in the thread but got busy and distracted and forgot to answer. Apologies for it.
I would go to the KanIm a day before to give them plenty of time to consider the case and deal with it. They may detain you overnight but in the past I have seen them just asking the overstayer to come back the day after (meaning letting him/her free) because they were certain there was no risk for him/her to disappear. If you have passport and ticket in hand, accompanied by your parents, the risk is pretty low for them and they perhaps can be nice enough to let you free before departure.

If you come at 8 in the morning, you take a risk. Absenteeism isn't rare nor arriving late in office is. What if the boss has decided to stay in bed or not show up that morning? At least, if you come a day before your scheduled departure, you limit the risks.

Also don't book a flight on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Avoid also a date during or between public holiday.

So... all credit for you feeling better goes to @scouser59. Thank you for that Scouser59. (y)

Respect to you Atlantis and all that tried to help this young lady with a big problem , unfortunately there seemed to me misguided advice given to her on the old forum ,that is why I directed her here ,and you guys "as always" rose to the challenge to help . (y)
I wish the lady concerned good fortune with this problem ,you have been given the best advice ,good luck !

Last edited:
Again I want say Thank to all you guys for helping me with many helpful advice( special @atlantis and @scouser59). I will try do exactly what I was advised by you guys.
I will update my situation regularly if you guys don't mind...although I still need wait more than 1 month. Stay at there 3 years and now just 1 month make me feel like 1 year ?.

Again I want say Thank to all you guys for helping me with many helpful advice( special @atlantis and @scouser59). I will try do exactly what I was advised by you guys.
I will update my situation regularly if you guys don't mind...although I still need wait more than 1 month. Stay at there 3 years and now just 1 month make me feel like 1 year ?.

Please do update us with your situation, hopefully you can update us from Vietnam! Best of luck to you!

Simply amazing.

This is the kind of story that makes it all worth it to build and maintain this forum.

Wish you all the best and please keep us updated!

I feel like I don't have to fight everything by myself, other than my family, now I have friends, friends I've never met or talked to, I just started being a member of this forum yesterday, but you're all so kind and willing to help me as much as possible. Wish everyone always happy. I will update the situation as soon as the latest changes. Thank for all?

Over the past few days, I've been trying to find and read an article about overstay, and it seems that there have been many cases of being asked to pay a fine (even though they were over 60 days overdue and would be deportation and being blacklisted, not required to pay a fine). I gave a quote to my family and we all wondered what we should do if we were required to pay a fine? What if we can't meet the fine they requested? I know that by law I will be deported and blacklisted but but it seems likely that they will require a fine before actually proceeding with the deportation. Thank you?

Last edited:
You realize there will be two (possible) answers now, right? There are those who are very strict and straight-edged and argue they should follow the law. And that you should refuse any bribe request. And those who are much more in accordance with smoothing the process.

Of course -if they can't prove you have been involved in illegal activities as work- they can not charge you with anything. And the law on the 60 days is very clear, so a fine does not exist and can not be applied. Let's call it like it is; then they expect a bribe. Esp. a contribution to speed up their investigation.

Yeah, thank you so much for that information?.So because of that, I should refuse to provide a bribe to them to speed up the process?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back