KTP and the never ending paper chase

harryopal1

We carefully worked through the Forum check list in applying for the KTP, So armed, we thought, with everything we needed we set off on the arduous cross town trek from Jimbaran to Sempidi.
On arrival we were told we would have to supply a copy of my birth certificate and a translation and then my sponsor wife was presented with another two page form F- 1.18 and a two page spreadsheet F- 1.08 and now a runaround for another signature from Kepala Dinas and Kepala Keluarga.

I have heard President Joko talking of the need to simplify government procedures but it seem hardly anyone is listening. And so we look forward to another journey to and from Sempidi.

Isn't it great to have a hobby that keeps you busy, Harry?

Many Catalan Sipil have published their forms online btw...

PRODUK PELAYANAN
DINAS KEPENDUDUKAN DAN PENCATATAN SIPIL KOTA DENPASAR

Last edited:
Things are relatively straightforward at Catatan Sipil Gianyar, Bali, however the only kicker is that the KTP address of the sponsor has to be the same as the WNA's local surat domisili. For those with non-Balinese spouses who cannot obtain a Bali KTP, this leads to a conundrum which currently is only solved by getting a different sponsor for the KTP, usually the local landlord. Of course, this means that the WNA also goes on the landlord's KK, which creates a very weird situation indeed.

Well, as my wife says whenever confronted with another example of this kind of rigmarole, "Welcome to Indonesia."

For something like MERP renewal it is the same btw; nowhere on the form it mentioned the sponsor (in case of a spouse) should take the marriage certificate and KK. Well, they do ask and send you away if you don't have it with you.

Another thing is the copies; don't be smart and don't make a small paper size copy of KTP etc; it has to be on a A4. And don't combine on one piece of paper.

My wife had filled in the spreadsheet that she had been given on our last visit to Sempidi applying for the KTP and then had visited Ngurah Rai Immigration and was told the spread sheet was irrelevant as her bio data was in Bandung. Back to Sempidi this morning. My wife bypassed the counter and went into an inner office and spoke to another woman officer who agreed we had been given the wrong form. She then gave us a different spread sheet and assured us this time all would be well.
So, the new spread sheet is filled in and we get two signatures in the morning and then the long trek back to Sempidi again. Assuming all is okay, I guess it will take time to process so we have another visit to Sempidi ahead. That done, sometime soon, I hope this will be the end of it.

Well at least I now know several ways to get to Sempidi from Jimbaran. Went out again yesterday morning and had the eye scan, fingerprints and photo done. I now have a "temporary" yellow KTP id card valid until July 2023. How do we find out when the completed KTP is available?

As I had dropped my wife off for an early morning flight to Bandung and then went on to Sempidi the journey only took half an hour. Obviously the only time of day to go anywhere is between about 5 am and 7 am. Returning home at 9 am took just one hour so not so bad.

Well at least I now know several ways to get to Sempidi from Jimbaran. Went out again yesterday morning and had the eye scan, fingerprints and photo done. I now have a "temporary" yellow KTP id card valid until July 2023. How do we find out when the completed KTP is available?
You should have received a hard plastic e-KTP that looks virtually identical to your wife's e-KTP. Sometimes the Capil runs out of blanks, but you should ask them when you can expect to receive the e-KTP, it shouldn't take more than 2-3 days to produce. I got mine from Capil in Gianyar, albeit with a delay due to the recent elections, when no e-KTP's were being issued to WNAs.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudcat
Back