KITAP Renewal

If my memory serve right you can continue but need a new sponsor and show of prove of your wife demise.
OK thanks but mentioning your memory, how long ago was this? when you knew that because the government are constantly changing rules and regulations concerning bule, (not in their favour in my experience), and ,do you know exactly how i would go about finding out what the current information is? whether it has been changed or not?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
We have seen two cases about an expat with the spouse passing away, approx. 5-7 years ago. As @DzulnSiti stated they needed a new sponsor. Which in itself sounds easy but created some issues since you just can't select 'anyone'. In one case the officials did not agree with the sponsor and stated that it had to be a close family member of the deceased. So there was some negotiating.

We have seen two cases about an expat with the spouse passing away, approx. 5-7 years ago. As @DzulnSiti stated they needed a new sponsor. Which in itself sounds easy but created some issues since you just can't select 'anyone'. In one case the officials did not agree with the sponsor and stated that it had to be a close family member of the deceased. So there was some negotiating.
Ya this is what i thought, the problem is that the other family members are not readily available to continue the sponsership. Its a problem.

DzulnSiti

I am sorry, forget about the sponsor should be a member of the wife family.

Edward

I realize I may be totally wrong about this and would like to be corrected if so. I was just looking at the new immigration fee list on the Expat Indo website and noticed that the first KITAP extension after 5 years is 5juta rupiah, and the "unlimited time extension" after 10 years is 10.2juta rupiah. I had been thinking that it was at 5 years that one paid the 10.2 juta, and that it was at this point in time when the unlimited extension occurred, and not after 10 years.

Last edited:

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I realize I may be totally wrong about this and would like to be corrected if so. I was just looking at the new immigration fee list on the Expat Indo website and noticed that the first KITAP extension after 5 years is 5juta rupiah, and the "unlimited time extension" after 10 years is 10.2juta rupiah. I had been thinking that at 5 years one paid the 10.2 juta and that it was at this point in time when the unlimited extension occurred, and not after 10 years.

Are you sure the 'unlimited' option is only available after 10 years? Perhaps we can choose which to take after the first or even after every 5 year KITAP? I can imagine it can be useful to select a 5 year extension at old age or no concrete plans to remain in RI long term...

Edward

Well Jstar you raise another couple of points that I had never even considered. I hope someone can rule them in (or out). My query is really just to obtain what is the exact rule on the matter.
5 and 10 years is about my range. The thought of a visa with no time limitation seems to defy human biology.

Edward

I realize I may be totally wrong about this and would like to be corrected if so. I was just looking at the new immigration fee list on the Expat Indo website and noticed that the first KITAP extension after 5 years is 5juta rupiah, and the "unlimited time extension" after 10 years is 10.2juta rupiah. I had been thinking that it was at 5 years that one paid the 10.2 juta, and that it was at this point in time when the unlimited extension occurred, and not after 10 years.
In August 2016 Atlantis wrote this about the (first?) extension of his KITAP:

I have recently renewed my KITAP (sponsored by a WNI spouse). It has costed me IDR 10.000.000 for the KITAP itself and I had to add IDR 1.750.000 for a 2 years MERP and IDR 55.000 for the registration of my fingerprints in the SISKIM. For you the fees should be the same BUT you should add the charge that your sponsor will apply and I am afraid that it won't be anywhere free.

Also , be aware that there is NO free permanent residency for the future either. Every 5 years you will have to report to keep alive your KITAP. THIS is free BUT you will have to be accompanied by your sponsor (or at least get a letter from him) and again, you shouldn't expect that your agent will let you get that without forking a wad of cash. Also, you will have to maintain a MERP, theoretically valid at all time, and here again you will need your sponsor.

As I inquired earlier, I noted from the new list of Fees posted on this site the following:

KITAP 5 yearsIDR5,000,000
KITAP 5 year extensionIDR5,000,000
KITAP unlimited time extensionIDR10,200,000

I am still quite confused about whether the unlimited time extension happens after 5 or 10 years?
Thanks in advance.

jstar

Mr. 10,000

The problem is that it is very new @Edward . So when @atlantis renewed his KITAP, the option did not exist yet/anymore. If you’d ask me to guess I would say we will be able to choose a 5 year or unlimited one. Will find out soon....

Edward

View attachment 1020

The problem is that it is very new @Edward . So when @atlantis renewed his KITAP, the option did not exist yet/anymore. If you’d ask me to guess I would say we will be able to choose a 5 year or unlimited one. Will find out soon....
Yes that makes a lot of sense Jstar. I guess we wait to see if that is indeed what is the case. Seems odd that the first one hears about it is via a reviewed fee list??

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
I have almost finished the unlimited married kitap after the first 5 year itap.

Edward

I spoke to Imigrasi in Jakarta Barat and they said the idea of the 5 year extension was "new", and illustrated to me that they didn't yet know how to handle it. It seems right now that they only offer the unlimited after 5 years. Their initiative seems reasonable and they just need time to make it happen.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Same in Jakarta Timur. They have no idea what the 5 year extension is and state you should take the 'unlimited' version.

Jamu

Charter Member
Cager
Unless the law has changed, and I don't think it has, then the unlimited Kitap is still available after the first five year period. See UU 6-2011 Article 59(1) - 'Permanent Stay Permit granted for a period of five years and may be extended for an indefinite period...' Perhaps the five year renewal is just an option in the event that the applicant does not require or want to pay for the more expensive unlimited one?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Could be. Esp. interesting for people (as elderly on Lansia) who might not have life or stay expectancies of more than 10 years.

Edward

Could be. Esp. interesting for people (as elderly on Lansia) who might not have life or stay expectancies of more than 10 years.
As of today, West Jakarta immigration is not able to give any more information on the second 5 year KITAP.

anna

Exit Permit Only (EPO) is not the same as MERP. You have to apply for EPO at immigration to officially end your KITAP. They will take your card, stamp your passport with an EPO, and it will say something like "Must leave Indonesia within 7 days". Only then is your KITAP officially terminated.

If you are abroad, and will not be in Indonesia before your MERP/KITAP expires, you should contact the Indonesian consulate in your area and let them know you are cancelling your KITAP.

Simply ignoring it and letting it expire is not recommended, as it may complicate later applications.

I am in similar situation as Bonaldi. I am a KITAP holder (ex wni sponsored by my Indo parents). Currently i am working in Australia and it become too time consuming to renew MERP, KITAP etc so I am planning to go back Indo before my 1st KITAP expired. How long does it take to process EPO for KITAP?

Also, is it possible to apply for KITAP again (in future) if I decided to go to EPO route instead of renewing my KITAP

dafluff

Cager
I am in similar situation as Bonaldi. I am a KITAP holder (ex wni sponsored by my Indo parents). Currently i am working in Australia and it become too time consuming to renew MERP, KITAP etc so I am planning to go back Indo before my 1st KITAP expired. How long does it take to process EPO for KITAP?

Also, is it possible to apply for KITAP again (in future) if I decided to go to EPO route instead of renewing my KITAP

EPO can be as short as one working day (Drop off, come back the next day), but some places it takes a bit longer.

You can apply for KITAP again, going the VITAS -> KITAS -> KITAP route when you decide to get it back.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Anybody extending/renewing their KITAP with an agent's help? Please let me know...curious about the fees charged. I'm shopping around for mine..due in 2020.

Good morning all and hope all is well. Here is my update as of 02/20/2020:

History:
  1. KITAP still valid until this December 2020
  2. MERP was expired in January 2020
  3. Current location USA and did not renew my MERP on my last trip to Indonesia
  4. I never been outside Indonesia more than a year
  5. KJRI LA willing to take my KITAP and furnished a letter stating that I surrender my KITAP (they assumed this letter should be sufficient in case Imigrasi Jakarta asked about MERP status) or if I need to renew my MERP while abroad I will need approval from Dirjen Imigrasi Jakarta

Objective:
  1. How to renew MERP while abroad
  2. How to go back to Indonesia with valid KITAP and expired MERP

Updates:
After months of slow searching (yet intensified lately due to my upcoming trip to Indo), I managed to get in touch with someone from Dirjen Imigrasi Jakarta and she said that she can provide approval from Dirjen Imigrasi to obtain IMK (Ijin Masuk Kembali) which I think the same with Re-Entry Permit where she will send the approval by TELEX to KJRI LA and I need to go there or send my passport to obtain the stamp that will valid for 30 days, then upon arrival in Indonesia, I can apply for the MERP again.

This is quiet a hazzle to be honest because my goal is just go to Indonesia for short trip/vacation and at the same time surrendering my KITAP and at the same time I try not to get into trouble when entering Indonesia with expired MERP.

Does anyone here have experience returning to Indonesia with expired MERP?

I will be more than happy to surrender my KITAP upon arrival and obtain VOA rather than going to Dirjen and KJRI LA

Thanks again all
smile.png

Bonaldi

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serro
Top Bottom