KITAP first renewal question

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Thanks guys...so cross my fingers all is smooth sailing until 2020.

TheGodFather

Godfather,
So this unlimited KITAP..is this your second KITAP?

My understanding is (after you converted from KITAS), the first KITAP goes for five years, second one also five years, then it's the third one that's unlimited (only require to report once a year to immigration) unless if I understood it incorrectly.

Also what's the immigration card? I thought the KITAP IS the immigration card.
Banana this is my second KITAP and the second one is the unlimited one, not the third one. Basically, the second kitap is also valid for 5 years only, which you'll have to renew again and again, however there will be no charge for it, thus that is why it's called unlimited.

The immigration card was reference to the blue book which is again not needed anymore.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Basically, the second kitap is also valid for 5 years only, which you'll have to renew again and again, however there will be no charge for it, thus that is why it's called unlimited.
Hmm. A somewhat liberal interpretation.

From the 2011 UU:

(1) Izin Tinggal Tetap diberikan untuk jangka waktu 5 (lima) tahun dan dapat diperpanjang untuk waktu yang tidak terbatas sepanjang izinnya tidak dibatalkan.
(2) Pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap untuk jangka waktu yang tidak terbatas sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) wajib melapor ke Kantor Imigrasi setiap 5 (lima) tahun dan tidak dikenai biaya.

(1) A Permanent Stay Permit shall be granted for a period of 5 (five) years and may be extended for an indefinite period as long as the permit is not canceled.
(2) Holders of Permanent Stay Permit for an indefinite period as referred to in paragraph (1) shall report to the Immigration Office every 5 (five) years and shall not be charged.

Balilongtime

Charter Member
Hi all,

I've renewed my KITAP to the unlimited one, and would like to share the documents which I was asked to submit. All in all, the process seems rather very smooth, and the 2nd KITAP cost is IDR 12,005,000 which includes the compulsory 2 years MERP. Forms and sample letters are provided by the immigration (Kanim Jakarta Timur does). KTP WNA is not a compulsory requirement, however having it is better as this confirms your Address, thus you will not need to get Surat Pengantan RT and certified at Local council / Kecematan

Documents required are:

- Formulir Izin Tinggal Terbatas Dan Tetap
- Formulir Izin Masuk Kembali Dan Pemulangan
- Surat Integrasi (Materai)
- KITAP
- Passport
- Surat Keterangan Domisili or KTP WNA
- KK (Kartu Keluarga)
- KTP WNI
- Surat Sponsor
- Akte Nikah
- Surat Jaminan Sponsor (materai)

Please note that Original needs to be shown as well for checking reference, which the will return to you on the spot. The only Original documents Immigration will keep are:
- Passport
- Immigration Card
- KITAP

After submitting all these documents, we were given a date to come back which is after 2 weeks, where they will give us 2 letters: One for Dirjen, and the other one is for Kanwil. On the same day payment needs to be done. We will have to drop those 2 letters to the offices personally. It takes approximately 2-3 working days for it to get processed and approved. Then, go back to Kanim to get photo and finger prints done. In a couple of days after this steps, the new KITAP will be ready.

After 5 days of submitting the documents to Immigration, I had a house visit for Immigration, They took pictures of me and an officer, then confirmed my KITAP photo, and got me signed two paper, one which is Immigration KITAP procedure, and the other a written document (which was written infront of me) certifying that I live at the address which is on the paper works. Nothing much, just a standard address check.

All in all, it took me 4 weeks to get my unlimited KITAP, and didn't use any agents at all. Ive only used an agent the first time I did my KITAS in Indonesia, as we were not aware of any laws, but after that with the help of knowledge from Atlantis, I've never used one again. Then went to disduk to do my ktp which was done within the same day.
Pretty simple!

Regards
Hi there , I am renewing my KITAP this week ...,

I only have photocopies of my wife (sponsor) KTP Card and KK ..., do I need to produce the originals , because my wife just took off to jakarta (from Bali) for a month or perhaps even longer - for business and she has these documents on her in person and also need them for her business there in Jakarta while she is visiting there. (I know , my Kitap renewal came at an inconvenient time)

Question .., is me having only photocopies KTP & KK going to be sufficient for my renewal this week ?

(note all other forms she needed to fill out including sponsor letter have been done before she left.)

.., also my current kitap expires in 2 months from now .

dafluff

Cager
I have not needed to show original KK and KTP for KITAS renewal, and KITAS to KITAP conversion in Denpasar. Technically they do need to see this tho.

Balilongtime

Charter Member
I have not needed to show original KK and KTP for KITAS renewal, and KITAS to KITAP conversion in Denpasar. Technically they do need to see this tho.
cheers, thank you kindly for you reply dafluff, well fingers crossed .., on monday I will have to give it a go without the originals :)

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Hi Balilongtime,
I concur with Dafluff's answer. There is no need for the KanIm to have in hand the original of the KK or of the KTP.

HOWEVER, they may well request to interview your wife and therefore her presence may be needed.

I have renewed my KITAP in April 2016. In my 17 years here I always conducted pretty much alone (wife not bothering to come to the KanIm) all immigration procedure (SosBud/KITAS/KITAP/extensions, conversions...etc) but in April 2016 when I extended my KITAP I was amazed to see how the sponsor presence was needed/requested. Basically they (Immigration officers) have ignored me, badly hurting my Ego. ;)

Throughout the procedure, they just wanted to talk and communicate with my wife and this, despite the fact that I have a fair reputation in my KanIm. Of course, they know that I may be a bit rough around the edge on occasions when procedures are not conducted adequately but I have at all time maintained a very good relation with many officers. Yet, I could feel a drastic change from before UU 6/2011 when the sponsor was only very theoretically legally responsible of you. Since there is now a lot of very precise legal sanctions for sponsors in case something goes wrong, Imigrasi has the duty to screen sponsors and therefore interview them and maintain a communication with them throughout the procedure.

The content of the sms why wife received at the different steps of the procedure were very clear. It wasn't "Please send us the bule to pick up the docs". It was more like "We request Ibu to come to the Kantor Imigrasi to complete the KITAP extension procedure". The only time I was mentioned in an sms was to request my wife to come, with me in tow, in order to take my pic/fingerprint.

Balilongtime

Charter Member
Hope no agents are reading this lol but yeah 20jt for an infinite KITAP is a pretty decent deal...
I am in the process right now of DIY Kitap rewal so far so good (sort of) ...,

On my 1st visit , I was given the forms to fill out and a sample copy of the sponsor letter , plus what photocopies of other supporting documents they required.

On my 2nd visit , I submitted the forms ..., but i was told I needed a KTP Orang Asing (which I had read on mere i didnt need) .., but no big deal (to me) as I want one anyway as its better than carrying a passport around for I.D like the bank etc

...., other than that ; The Immigration officer was satisfied all my paperwork was complete.

For this KTP Orang Asing (applied for at my areas Catatan Sipil Office) which Imigrasi told me I needed if I anted to renew my Kitap

- it was a case of pretty much supplying the same photocopies as the kitap , with 3 photos and getting the forms filled out (as per there instructions on the back of the forms) .
- I also needed a photocopy of my Surat Tanda Melopor (police report) that has my current address.
- SKTT Number , from the old police card from polda that we had to get when when we applied for our kitap the 1st time around (which I had)
- and one of the forms signed by my village head, and others by and my wife (sponsor)
- and another formed signed by the 1; Village head, 2; the Desa Heads Boss, and 3; the Kantor Lurah head (all 3 with their specific rubber stamps)

.., this was actually all done by my kepala desa, who came to my house, filled out the forms for me and returned the next morning with them all signed and stamped (which I thought was pretty cool of him to do) and I will submit them tomorrow to catatan sipil .

..., I have heard here that (hopefully) processing is about a week before they have your card ready ?

So after I get the KTP OA card , the Renewal should be good to go :)

Balilongtime

Charter Member
Hi Balilongtime,
I concur with Dafluff's answer. There is no need for the KanIm to have in hand the original of the KK or of the KTP.

HOWEVER, they may well request to interview your wife and therefore her presence may be needed.

I have renewed my KITAP in April 2016. In my 17 years here I always conducted pretty much alone (wife not bothering to come to the KanIm) all immigration procedure (SosBud/KITAS/KITAP/extensions, conversions...etc) but in April 2016 when I extended my KITAP I was amazed to see how the sponsor presence was needed/requested. Basically they (Immigration officers) have ignored me, badly hurting my Ego. ;)

Throughout the procedure, they just wanted to talk and communicate with my wife and this, despite the fact that I have a fair reputation in my KanIm. Of course, they know that I may be a bit rough around the edge on occasions when procedures are not conducted adequately but I have at all time maintained a very good relation with many officers. Yet, I could feel a drastic change from before UU 6/2011 when the sponsor was only very theoretically legally responsible of you. Since there is now a lot of very precise legal sanctions for sponsors in case something goes wrong, Imigrasi has the duty to screen sponsors and therefore interview them and maintain a communication with them throughout the procedure.

The content of the sms why wife received at the different steps of the procedure were very clear. It wasn't "Please send us the bule to pick up the docs". It was more like "We request Ibu to come to the Kantor Imigrasi to complete the KITAP extension procedure". The only time I was mentioned in an sms was to request my wife to come, with me in tow, in order to take my pic/fingerprint.
Hi Atlantis , and here I am thanking you again on my renewal :angel::first: I am still forever grateful for your help on the first Kitap 5 years ago , thank you :peace:
Yes he (Pertugas Imigrasi) seemed happy with my documents , and just requested i get my KTP-OA which I am doing now

I am hoping all goes well after that and also hoping either my wife doesn't get called in , or she returns back in time but we are not sure when that is possible as she is there for business that needs to be completed before she can get away. I am just taking each step at time , and even thought I am a bit late for my extension (expires late November) at least I will have everything submitted

Anglian

Charter Member
Cager
Just a snippet, my KTP is the wrong one, it's for an Indonesian, this was pointed out to me by Immigration when I renewed my MERP, but they said don't worry about it, not much point in having different colours if nobody is interested, the KTP system seems so screwed due corruption, I doubt they will ever get it sorted

Daniel50

Just a snippet, my KTP is the wrong one, it's for an Indonesian, this was pointed out to me by Immigration when I renewed my MERP, but they said don't worry about it, not much point in having different colours if nobody is interested, the KTP system seems so screwed due corruption, I doubt they will ever get it sorted
That is tragicomical. As with many things in Indonesia it doesn't really surprise you, after awhile, but you never really get used to it.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Still have three more years to go for my renewal. Assuming after 2019 the country doesn't go backwards 150 years (if anybody else replaces the current president)...maybe ex-WNIs might not need to renew the KITAPs...and get a lifetime status instead....but hey, one can dream can't he?

Balilongtime, technically if you already have your KTP OA, they shouldn't require you to give your SKTT number anymore (I think).

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
I am hoping all goes well after that and also hoping either my wife doesn't get called in , or she returns back in time but we are not sure when that is possible as she is there for business that needs to be completed before she can get away. I am just taking each step at time , and even thought I am a bit late for my extension (expires late November) at least I will have everything submitted
You should not worry too much about it. The MOST important is to submit on time, which is 1 day before expiration (ie if your ITAP terminates on Nov 30th you have to submit all documents and register at the latest Nov 29th.). After time doesn't matter much.
In order for you to relax, let me tell you this about my own ITAP renewal:
My ITAP was terminating April 12th. I submitted all documents April 11th. Then both my wife and I got pretty busy and we didn't have time to attend the meetings scheduled and had to postpone each at least twice, or perhaps more. Finally, Imigrasi has send us at least three or four sms before that I found time to pick up my KITAP in their office, which I finally did... 2 or 3 months after starting the procedure. If I wouldn't have been busy and be able to come to the Kanim as soon as a step was completed I would have done the ITAP renewal in less than 2 weeks I think.

Just take it easy, You are registered for the extension, 99% of the job has been done.

stumac

Yes Davita.. a sobering thought indeed.

For those retiring in Indonesia there are real issues to be faced. The idea of dying in Indonesia i think fills most with dread. When the Grim Reaper comes a calling, where do you want to be.?

For retirees in Indonesia I wonder if this is something they've given much thought to?
My wife and I want to be cremated here its our homenow and do not want to go back to OZ even when were dead

stumac

Thank you for your answer Atlantis anyway the first KITAP cost me 29.00.000
Do you happen to know, more or less just to have a idea, how much an agent usually charge for the second KITAP
So it would be 10.000.000 plus 1.750.000 , 55.000 and plus the agent fee if had to be done now, of course it will be more when i need to do it

Thanks you
hi soltantoio,i just spoke to my agent and he told me it cost from them for 319 retirement 40,000,000.00 Rp and does not include cost of SKTT,but they take 50% down then 25% then 25% when you pick up KITAP this is for 5yrs,so it is better than trying to have total money in one go.

Helpful Herbert

Hi all,

I've renewed my KITAP to the unlimited one, and would like to share the documents which I was asked to submit. All in all, the process seems rather very smooth, and the 2nd KITAP cost is IDR 12,005,000 which includes the compulsory 2 years MERP. Forms and sample letters are provided by the immigration (Kanim Jakarta Timur does). KTP WNA is not a compulsory requirement, however having it is better as this confirms your Address, thus you will not need to get Surat Pengantan RT and certified at Local council / Kecematan

Documents required are:

• Formulir Izin Tinggal Terbatas Dan Tetap
  • Formulir Izin Masuk Kembali Dan Pemulangan
  • Surat Integrasi (Materai)
  • KITAP
  • Passport
  • Surat Keterangan Domisili or KTP WNA
  • KK (Kartu Keluarga)
  • KTP WNI
  • Surat Sponsor
  • Akte Nikah
  • Surat Jaminan Sponsor (materai)
Please note that Original needs to be shown as well for checking reference, which the will return to you on the spot. The only Original documents Immigration will keep are:
  • Passport
  • Immigration Card
  • KITAP
After submitting all these documents, we were given a date to come back which is after 2 weeks, where they will give us 2 letters: One for Dirjen, and the other one is for Kanwil. On the same day payment needs to be done. We will have to drop those 2 letters to the offices personally. It takes approximately 2-3 working days for it to get processed and approved. Then, go back to Kanim to get photo and finger prints done. In a couple of days after this steps, the new KITAP will be ready.

After 5 days of submitting the documents to Immigration, I had a house visit for Immigration, They took pictures of me and an officer, then confirmed my KITAP photo, and got me signed two paper, one which is Immigration KITAP procedure, and the other a written document (which was written infront of me) certifying that I live at the address which is on the paper works. Nothing much, just a standard address check.

All in all, it took me 4 weeks to get my unlimited KITAP, and didn't use any agents at all. Ive only used an agent the first time I did my KITAS in Indonesia, as we were not aware of any laws, but after that with the help of knowledge from Atlantis, I've never used one again. Then went to disduk to do my ktp which was done within the same day.
Pretty simple!

Regards
Thanks for the above, it seems like the best summary of the process on the site for KITAP renewal. I'll shortly be starting mine, so hopefully it will go OK. I didn't have a house visit last time (just detailed interview at KanIm) so hopefully the same this time.

Helpful Herbert

Just to answer my own question, there is no house visit or interview for KITAP extension (South Jakarta).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin41
Top Bottom