Info required on current retirement visa cost please

Spouse sponsored Kitas is your better option as snpark said . I've been through the process . Come to Indonesia on a tourist visa , get married while here , return to your home country and apply for a Vitas /limtied stay Spouse Sponsored Permit/Visa through a recommended agent . Once you get that return here/Indonesia and convert to the Spouse Sponsored Kitas within 14 days . 2 years on the Kitas and aply for Alhi Status/ Conversion of Status from the yearly limited stay Kitas to the Permanent Stay Kitap . Yearly Kitas was about 1,600,000rp and the Conversion/Alhi Status was 6,750,000rp + a few hundred rupiah here and there . The original Vitas/Kitas was the most expensive , I used an agent that charged 25,000,000 rupiah but have seen a lot of other reputable agents for 12 -15,000,000rupiah . The Kitas yearly renewals and the Conversion/Alhi Status are quite easy if you do your homework before hand and have everything required . Plenty of information on here and on the Imigration web site .

Spouse sponsored Kitas is your better option as snpark said . I've been through the process . Come to Indonesia on a tourist visa , get married while here , return to your home country and apply for a Vitas /limtied stay Spouse Sponsored Permit/Visa through a recommended agent . Once you get that return here/Indonesia and convert to the Spouse Sponsored Kitas within 14 days . 2 years on the Kitas and aply for Alhi Status/ Conversion of Status from the yearly limited stay Kitas to the Permanent Stay Kitap . Yearly Kitas was about 1,600,000rp and the Conversion/Alhi Status was 6,750,000rp + a few hundred rupiah here and there . The original Vitas/Kitas was the most expensive , I used an agent that charged 25,000,000 rupiah but have seen a lot of other reputable agents for 12 -15,000,000rupiah . The Kitas yearly renewals and the Conversion/Alhi Status are quite easy if you do your homework before hand and have everything required . Plenty of information on here and on the Imigration web site .
Many thanks for this detailed information, you have supplied the kind of details that i have been looking for.
Questions
Is a tourist visa the same as visa on arrival, if not, where do I get one from.
Is marriage a quick procedure, or does it need a lot of paperwork, and what kind?
Whom would you recommend as an agent for this tourist visa, a travel agent in the UK?
Where do I convert the tourist visa, with an agent, or immigration office
Do you have a list of documents required for the Conversion/Alhi Status

You can reply direct to me at [email protected] please........thanks again, much appreciated

I believe you can get a regular, paid for tourist visa through the Indonesian Embassy in your area or on arrival. Not the tourist on arrival free visa. Not sure if you are now able to convert the free ine to anything else. Then, since a marriage may take a bit of time, with any Indonesian as your sponsor you get a Social Buda visa which will give you 6 months. Get married, register the marriage, apply for a spouse sponsored KITAS good for one year. You will need to renew that for a second KITAS. After the 2 KITAS and 2 years of marriage you can then apply for a spouse sponsored KITAP, good for 5 years. None of the above steps will require an agent. Just a little time. With an agent you still need everything immigration wants and you will still need to visit immigration. Agents if you have some time are a complete waste of money for spouse sponsored visas unless you are working or in some capacity where you can't take time yourself.

All the answers are right here in the forum and if you get confused, just ask.

As for replying directly to you. That is a bit frowned upon since the Forum is to share the answers to any questions submitted for the people who may be wondering the same things as you.

I believe you can get a regular, paid for tourist visa through the Indonesian Embassy in your area or on arrival. Not the tourist on arrival free visa. Not sure if you are now able to convert the free ine to anything else. Then, since a marriage may take a bit of time, with any Indonesian as your sponsor you get a Social Buda visa which will give you 6 months. Get married, register the marriage, apply for a spouse sponsored KITAS good for one year. You will need to renew that for a second KITAS. After the 2 KITAS and 2 years of marriage you can then apply for a spouse sponsored KITAP, good for 5 years. None of the above steps will require an agent. Just a little time. With an agent you still need everything immigration wants and you will still need to visit immigration. Agents if you have some time are a complete waste of money for spouse sponsored visas unless you are working or in some capacity where you can't take time yourself.

All the answers are right here in the forum and if you get confused, just ask.

As for replying directly to you. That is a bit frowned upon since the Forum is to share the answers to any questions submitted for the people who may be wondering the same things as you.
Once again, I thank you and appreciate all the info that I am receiving, it is a great help

I believe you can get a regular, paid for tourist visa through the Indonesian Embassy in your area or on arrival. Not the tourist on arrival free visa. Not sure if you are now able to convert the free ine to anything else.
The rules could have changed but I converted a paid tourist visa to a KITAS. I was already married at the time but came in on visa free that couldn't covert.

The rules could have changed but I converted a paid tourist visa to a KITAS. I was already married at the time but came in on visa free that couldn't covert.
Yes, I remember before that you could not convert the free VOA but wasn't sure if any reg changed since they seem to be flying out of the immigration services after the pandemic.

Thanks for this extra info, I certainly have a lot to think about, but I hope to gain knowledge from all the replies I have received....cheers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James A