HOW do these strange financial companies get my number?

free2readme

I received a call today from 031711260(this looked like a Slovenian number, so I answered in Slovenian but she spoke European English), where the lady was asking only for one minute for her survey (I am guessing these companies are trying to get smarter). So, ok. We do the survey, asking me about my financial experience, etc. And then the call is finished.
I was a bit confused by why the lady would speak with me in English on a Slovenian number.

Few hours later, this number : +38617773125 calls me. And says I was interested in financial markets, bla bla. I declined that I was interested, cause I really am not.
I asked her where she got my number as she said she got it on internet. Where on internet? She claims it is everywhere on internet. - A typical lying excuse to hide how you really got my number.

So, I exposed her immediately, asking, "so, you guys do a survey and then few hours later you call to sell me on financial markets"
And she continued to claim my information is on internet. So I kept asking where exactly, specifically tell me.
She gave me another lame excuse, so I said to stop bullshitting me. And she responded, "you are the one bullshitting and wasting my Fking time".
I hanged up. (I am too old to waste time with such ignorant people. My time is too precious.)

But I regret I did not thoroughly ask her about company details. Maybe next time I will.
Cause whoever is running a financial company like that is a flat out idiot and CON!

They hire people to do cold calls for them and then they sell financial information while they have 0 idea how the capital markets work. (they stumbled upon someone who is professionally educated on how the capital markets work-I am developing the online content for people to gain a real education and not just to scam them).

Anyway, I am posting this to hopefully more people check in. Raise awareness. Perhaps share more about these companies and please post their phone numbers and any details you can get.
These crooks should be exposed.
And has this happened to anyone else? (please share with people with whom it has)

All the best, T

I mostly just get texts offering to loan me 10jt with no interest and the like. I'm too apathetic and old to figure out how to block them on my "new" phone. (Actually not new, but the phones are all new to me at this point, since I haven't been bothered to learn the latest features for five years or so.)

We're all getting a bit lonely and my potted plants don't answer back... yet.

I received a call today from 031711260(this looked like a Slovenian number, so I answered in Slovenian but she spoke European English), where the lady was asking only for one minute for her survey (I am guessing these companies are trying to get smarter). So, ok. We do the survey, asking me about my financial experience, etc. And then the call is finished.
I was a bit confused by why the lady would speak with me in English on a Slovenian number.

Few hours later, this number : +38617773125 calls me. And says I was interested in financial markets, bla bla. I declined that I was interested, cause I really am not.
I asked her where she got my number as she said she got it on internet. Where on internet? She claims it is everywhere on internet. - A typical lying excuse to hide how you really got my number.

So, I exposed her immediately, asking, "so, you guys do a survey and then few hours later you call to sell me on financial markets"
And she continued to claim my information is on internet. So I kept asking where exactly, specifically tell me.
She gave me another lame excuse, so I said to stop bullshitting me. And she responded, "you are the one bullshitting and wasting my Fking time".
I hanged up. (I am too old to waste time with such ignorant people. My time is too precious.)

But I regret I did not thoroughly ask her about company details. Maybe next time I will.
Cause whoever is running a financial company like that is a flat out idiot and CON!

They hire people to do cold calls for them and then they sell financial information while they have 0 idea how the capital markets work. (they stumbled upon someone who is professionally educated on how the capital markets work-I am developing the online content for people to gain a real education and not just to scam them).

Anyway, I am posting this to hopefully more people check in. Raise awareness. Perhaps share more about these companies and please post their phone numbers and any details you can get.
These crooks should be exposed.
And has this happened to anyone else? (please share with people with whom it has)

All the best, T
This is a well-developed fraud scheme with call centers. Organizers are not exclusively Israelis i think, but the center of operations is out of the EU (Slovenia is in the EU, so probably forwarding calls through that country).

They buy lists, and databases legally available on the market.

Remember when you download all those marvellous free apps (W.A. / FB / Twitter....) you ticked the box "I agree" ?

Well, you just agreed to hand them over all your data, pictures, personal info etc...
Remember : for those companies YOU are the product. Legally tradable.

I like having fun with some of them. I had a call asking me if my computer was broken.

Me: it sure is.

Scammers: We have detected an issue with blah blah blah.

Me: Damn those pesky penguins in the South Pole. They stole my laptop and caused these problems.

Scammers: click

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs