home internet provider

I'm always curious about the OMG Telkomsel..is there any special tricks to use it? I get it with my monthly Rp 50,000 packet but I never know how to use it (on my phone at least).
This OMG ( Oh My Gigabyte) package is good for social media ( 2GB). Here is the screenshoot of the package I use.
1E186BD4-8582-4322-A4A4-6D73F06CF428.jpeg

I'm always curious about the OMG Telkomsel..is there any special tricks to use it? I get it with my monthly Rp 50,000 packet but I never know how to use it (on my phone at least).
Combo version , sometime I choose this package.
3D2F2536-7012-42F2-93E4-D685BBB1FB76.jpeg

Once I get a chance to move from First Media...I'll do it....this past couple months have been really terrible..felt like I was back to the dial-up era. For some reason during the extreme slowdown, download speed (as shown on speedtest) was 15-18mbs but upload was .15 Mbps and i don't know what was wrong...now it's working fine and speed is 20-25Mbps...upload is 1 Mbps. Any IT folks can explain if the upload really affects the browsing speed?

Most internet users only use a fraction of upload speed compared to download. Browsing is mostly downloads, with occasional tiny amounts of data sent from your computer to instruct the websites you are visiting to send their data.

Upload speeds matter when you try to upload/send large files, such as attachments, uploading youtube, etc.

Most internet users only use a fraction of upload speed compared to download. Browsing is mostly downloads, with occasional tiny amounts of data sent from your computer to instruct the websites you are visiting to send their data.

Upload speeds matter when you try to upload/send large files, such as attachments, uploading youtube, etc.
Indihome download and upload today is so so.. We normally get 49Mbps and 15mbps but this morning down lil bit.
7E0C97AD-7820-4A22-94FD-2A51F36ABCAE.jpeg

Indihome download and upload today is so so.. We normally get 49Mbps and 15mbps but this morning down lil bit. View attachment 1209

One thing when using Speedtest I do is select a server outside of Indonesia. Singapore is my default go to. Otherwise speedtest will check the speed to a server nearest to you, which for me is not all that important, since virtually no websites are hosted in Bali.

One thing when using Speedtest I do is select a server outside of Indonesia. Singapore is my default go to. Otherwise speedtest will check the speed to a server nearest to you, which for me is not all that important, since virtually no websites are hosted in Bali.
Well..as long as emails are ok, Games are ok, streaming ok, Torrenting ok, I am happy with it..(y):geek::cool:

OMG:
OMG Data Quota Package! .....This is because access to a number of applications such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook will prioritize the use of OMG Data Quota! compared to other main data quota owned by the customer.

There are various ways provided by Telkomsel for customers to get OMG Data Quota !. Activation of this package can be done easily by customers including purchases through the MyTelkomsel application which can be downloaded at Google Playstore and Appstore or simply by direct access UMB * 363 #. Information on the full benefits of this package can be found on the page www.telkomsel.com/omg

Yes I got the similar one....my question was...how do I actually get to use the OMG quota? Do I have to use a special apps on my phone or something?
Its available from “MyTelkomsel” App on Android & IOS. When you choose this OMG package, it will automatic aside your quota for social media. I presume thats how it work. Inside app its tell you how much quota used and how much left.

how do I actually get to use the OMG quota?
OMG: OMG Data Quota Package! .....This is because access to a number of applications such as YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook will prioritize the use of OMG Data Quota! compared to other main data quota owned by the customer.

I just read that Telkomsel will block Netflix.

I just read that Telkomsel will block Netflix.

Telkomsel is the same mother****ers who run Indihome... They give a bullsh*t excuse about Netflix not complying with censors, but if that were the case, Indosat and First Media would block it (which they do not).

Well, I found a workaround (albeit an expensive one)... Torguard VPN with a dedicated IP address. It is about 90 USD per year all-in after using the aptly-named discount code, "netflix". I am using an old Ubuntu box as a dedicated VPN bridge so that the whole house routes through that connection. Bonus: we now get the US Netflix library, which is far more expansive than the Indonesia one was.

hi, i will be working gin Jakarta soon
any recommendations for broadband or fiber home internet?
thank you.

hi guys, will be staying in either sudirman or kunigan area. whats the best choice? thanks.

hi guys, will be staying in either sudirman or kunigan area. whats the best choice? thanks.

If you are staying at an apartment, they usually have packages for TV/internet.

Jumping back into this thread to withdraw my recommendation of myrepublik. They are now actively promoting packages to new customers that are 70% less cost than the loyal existing customers. This is a really shitty behavior towards long term customers in my opinion. Am now looking for new options so if anyone here in Jakarta has a good fast internet connection (200 mbs+) then please suggest.

Jumping back into this thread to withdraw my recommendation of myrepublik. They are now actively promoting packages to new customers that are 70% less cost than the loyal existing customers. This is a really shitty behavior towards long term customers in my opinion. Am now looking for new options so if anyone here in Jakarta has a good fast internet connection (200 mbs+) then please suggest.

MyRepublic, IndiHome and First Media are all available where I live. The lines are fibre optic. I went with First Media because MyRepublic's customer service was deplorable and IndiHome isn't unlimited. First Media has been fine with very little downtime. I'm on a symmetrical 75Mbps package and I usually will get 65-68, up and down, on speed tests. I torrent non-stop when I'm home, girlfriend games, always using Skype or whatever to video call and it's fine.

I've used CBN at a business before and it was fast. Well over 100Mbps symmetrical. They have residential service, so you may want to check them out as well.

Good luck.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819