Exiting with a MERP

cup1981

Hey All,

I have an ITAS and a MERP and am leaving Indo for a few months and was wondering how the MERP works. Last time I had my KITAS, I had to go to immigration and get an EPO stamp.

This time, though, I have a MERP and the newer i-ITAS (no card, just a printout with my picture and ITAS and MERP info). Do I need to go to immigration before heading to the airport to get an exit stamp, or do I just go straight to the airport with my e-ITAS printout and they stamp my passport there?

I am thinking I just proceed to the airport, but I want to make sure.

Thanks!

My MERP is stamped in the passport so just presented the passport with the page showing and no problem in or out.

My MERP is stamped in the passport so just presented the passport with the page showing and no problem in or out.

Yeah, my MERP is just a line on my e-ITAS printout. There is nothing in my passport other than the TELEX visa. I am guessing that is enough. Hopefully, someone who has the new e-ITAS can chime in with their experience.

Last year I had the paper with my photo in (KITAS keluarga), when I went abroad, I think I didn't need to go to the immigration office like before, because before we had to go there in fact to apply for the Merpati and to pay, now is already included on the KITAS, I guess that means not need to do anything, but you made me doubt, sorry, I am not sure 100%, better to wait for other opinions as well.

An EPO (exit permit only) terminates your KITAS. You do not need to get one unless you are not returning to Indonesia (or are returning past the KITAS validity, in which case it is recommended to ensure a smooth process when applying for a new KITAS).

@cap1981 - was your passport stamped with the MERP at the airport when you flew out of the country? Did you have to visit the immigration office before or any other process?
I'm in the same boat, only have my e-ITAS printout which mentions I have a MERP with the same validity as my ITAS, but nothing at all on my passport except the 'report to the local immigration office within 30 days' QR sticker.
My HR told me I don't need to visit as I received the e-ITAS copy within a week of my arrival with my photo taken at the airport immigration and should have no trouble flying in/out of the country with a printout of the e-itas and clipping the passport size ITAS to my passport.

Last edited:
My MERP is in a form of a small barcode sticker on one of my passport pages with the exp-date included. I never bring my original KITAP with me, just a copy that i printed out and laminated at Snappy. Never a problem. (btw this is a three year old thread...so I'm sure it's a non issue anymore to the OP).

Yeah, the thing I'm concerned about it that since there's absolutely nothing on my passport wrt to MERP, what if I'm not allowed to fly out, or even worse, not allowed to re-enter on my return, haha!

The only document I have is my e-ITAS which mentions MERP expiry. Have already clipped the passport version of the ITAS to my passport and also carry the printout of the "full" ITAS:
Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 13.54.39.png

Your passport should have a yearly stamp with a “limited stay and re-entry” square box

With a number, valid from and to and signed by immigration.

That’s enough

Yeah, the thing I'm concerned about it that since there's absolutely nothing on my passport wrt to MERP, what if I'm not allowed to fly out, or even worse, not allowed to re-enter on my return, haha!

The only document I have is my e-ITAS which mentions MERP expiry. Have already clipped the passport version of the ITAS to my passport and also carry the printout of the "full" ITAS:
View attachment 2617

If you look at the ITAS sticker in your passport, it should say, in the tiniest font possible, "Limited Stay & Re-entry".

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back