Exiting with a MERP

cup1981

Hey All,

I have an ITAS and a MERP and am leaving Indo for a few months and was wondering how the MERP works. Last time I had my KITAS, I had to go to immigration and get an EPO stamp.

This time, though, I have a MERP and the newer i-ITAS (no card, just a printout with my picture and ITAS and MERP info). Do I need to go to immigration before heading to the airport to get an exit stamp, or do I just go straight to the airport with my e-ITAS printout and they stamp my passport there?

I am thinking I just proceed to the airport, but I want to make sure.

Thanks!

harryopal

Charter Member
My MERP is stamped in the passport so just presented the passport with the page showing and no problem in or out.

cup1981

My MERP is stamped in the passport so just presented the passport with the page showing and no problem in or out.
Yeah, my MERP is just a line on my e-ITAS printout. There is nothing in my passport other than the TELEX visa. I am guessing that is enough. Hopefully, someone who has the new e-ITAS can chime in with their experience.

Saudade

Last year I had the paper with my photo in (KITAS keluarga), when I went abroad, I think I didn't need to go to the immigration office like before, because before we had to go there in fact to apply for the Merpati and to pay, now is already included on the KITAS, I guess that means not need to do anything, but you made me doubt, sorry, I am not sure 100%, better to wait for other opinions as well.

dafluff

Cager
An EPO (exit permit only) terminates your KITAS. You do not need to get one unless you are not returning to Indonesia (or are returning past the KITAS validity, in which case it is recommended to ensure a smooth process when applying for a new KITAS).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lila Aidina Hayati
Top Bottom