DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

20210608.jpg

Did your company register for ‘Vaksinasi Gotong Royong’? If yes, that means your company is willing to pay to vaccinate all your employees. Not only all the employees but including their families if you don’t want to be seen as a “stingy company”. That would require a big budget as the vaccine is not cheap. If you have 100 employees, you will need to appropriate funding for at least 300 persons. That’s a lot of money. If your company is doing good, then no problem being generous.

But I see some companies jumping queue, not only that, they don’t need to spend a dime. That’s not fair.

Some weeks ago, I heard that OJK (monetary board) organized mass vaccinations for employees of banking institutions. If these are state-owned banks, perhaps I’ll just keep quiet. But my banker is ‘private-sector bank’. And thousands of their employees were vaccinated for free (SINOVAC). Aren’t they supposed to register like other companies and pay for the vaccine (SINOPHARM)?

My next question is, why is KADIN handling the registration process? Why not distribute the vaccines to hospitals for anybody to buy? The government can easily control it as free vaccine is SINOVAC while paid vaccine is SINOPHARM.

Fewer than expected companies which enrolled have fulfilled their commitment to purchase vaccines for their employees. I wonder what Bio Farma is going to do with the excess supply of SINOPHARM. If anyone has idea on how to individually buy SINOPHARM for their own family, please share it here.

I think the reason why there are so many anti-vaxxers in the US is because the vaccine roll-out started off on the wrong foot. It introduced a new vaccine based on new mRNA technology instead of the time-tested traditional inactivated-type like Sinovac and Sinopharm. For the less knowledgeable, it can be a concern because RNA is closely-sounded to DNA. Frankly, nobody really knows what the mRNA vaccine can do to your body in the long-term. That’s why there are people monitoring the news around the world. And we are starting to know little by little as time goes by, for example, the recent news from Israel (post #1849). Time will tell, but Indonesia is safe with Sinovac and Sinopharm.

I think the reason why there are so many anti-vaxxers in the US is because the vaccine roll-out started off on the wrong foot. It introduced a new vaccine based on new mRNA technology instead of the time-tested traditional inactivated-type like Sinovac and Sinopharm. For the less knowledgeable, it can be a concern because RNA is closely-sounded to DNA. Frankly, nobody really knows what the mRNA vaccine can do to your body in the long-term. That’s why there are people monitoring the news around the world. And we are starting to know little by little as time goes by, for example, the recent news from Israel (post #1849). Time will tell, but Indonesia is safe with Sinovac and Sinopharm.
First, you say that for less knowledgeable it can be a concern because RNA sounds like mRNA, and immediately after you say nobody knows what mRNA vaccine can do to a body in long term. This means that the less knowledgeable person is right?

Can you clarify but in simple words, so I can understand?

FYI we have applied through KADIN for vaccines and never got an answer from them (but we had to pay the KADIN membership fees). Another BS program.

Last edited:
RNA sounds like mRNA

Its all a new language to me but note he did say its sounds like DNA not mRNA.

Oh and my company all got the kadin vaccines. Only issue has been the few who werent available at the time and now we cant get kadin to respond.

First, you say that for less knowledgeable it can be a concern because RNA sounds like mRNA, and immediately after you say nobody knows what mRNA vaccine can do to a body in long term. This means that the less knowledgeable person is right?

Can you clarify but in simple words, so I can understand?

FYI we have applied through KADIN for vaccines and never got an answer from them (but we had to pay the KADIN membership fees). Another BS program.

I am one of those 'less knowledgeable', the first time I heard of RNA, immediately associate it with DNA. And you know, some people will feel uncomfortable having their DNA altered. Something like, we are being "genetically modified", which may not be true at all. But nobody really knows what will happen to our own body or health in the years ahead because the mRNA vaccine was developed in record time (compared to vaccines for other diseases). If you don't have a choice, perhaps you just take whatever is available. But if I have choices, then I'll choose the one I think is safer (not necessarily more efficacious).

I am one of those 'less knowledgeable', the first time I heard of RNA, immediately associate it with DNA. And you know, some people will feel uncomfortable having their DNA altered. Something like, we are being "genetically modified", which may not be true at all. But nobody really knows what will happen to our own body or health in the years ahead because the mRNA vaccine was developed in record time (compared to vaccines for other diseases). If you don't have a choice, perhaps you just take whatever is available. But if I have choices, then I'll choose the one I think is safer (not necessarily more efficacious).
I understand that most of us are not knowledgeable about mRNA, and so cannot feel "personal confidence" from our own knowledge and experiences, but there are plenty of knowledgeable professionals whom have spoken on this matter. Here is a rather long cut and paste from the Public Health Association of British Columbia:

The medical and scientific community is confident in the long-term safety of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines.

According to the USA Centers for Disease Control, “Researchers have been studying and working with mRNA vaccines for decades. mRNA vaccines have been studied before for flu, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus (CMV). As soon as the necessary information about the virus that causes COVID-19 was available, scientists began designing the mRNA instructions for cells to build the unique spike protein into an mRNA vaccine." In addition, cancer research has used mRNA to trigger the immune system to target specific cancer cells. Decades of studying mRNA have shown no long-term side-effects.

According to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia , the vaccine is not expected to have long-term negative effects for a few reasons:

• First, most negative effects occur within 6 weeks of receiving a vaccine, which is why the FDA asked the companies to provide 8 weeks of safety data after the last dose.
  • Second, the mRNA in the vaccine breaks down pretty quickly because our cells need a way to stop mRNA from making too many proteins or too much protein.
  • But, even if for some reason our cells did not break down the vaccine mRNA, the mRNA stops making the protein within about a week, regardless of the body’s immune response to the protein.

If you know that you are "less knowledgable" then maybe you should refrain from using weasel sentences such as "Something like, we are being "genetically modified", which may not be true at all."

It is not "may not be true at all", it is simply not true.

If you are interested in the history of mRNA technology and how it works, in simple, understandable terms, this is a very helpful video:

I got my first vaccine today in Bandung. Organized via my employer, all I was required was to bring was my SKTT with my NIK.
Pretty straight forward, abit of a wait pre jab and some sistem downtime made for a wait for the confirmation letter to be printed but all very good.

So far I've seen one of the requirements is an original KTP. Now, my KTP OA is a laminated piece of paper (not an E-KTP) ..would this confuse the admin on-site if they haven't seen a KTP OA?

I had a KTP OA (paper version) for the vaccine and it was fine. It's still an official document.
I found out my KTP WNI NIK actually has someone else's name assigned to it :D
Re the vax... we left home at 09;50 drove 10 mins to the place & we are back home jabbed & checked by 10:50... I would have been home sooner but had to wait 15 mins for hubby to get done too.
The blood sugar test was more uncomfortable than the vaccine :D that could just be me though, I hate my fingertips being pricked.

Re the vax... we left home at 09;50 drove 10 mins to the place & we are back home jabbed & checked by 10:50... I would have been home sooner but had to wait 15 mins for hubby to get done too.
The blood sugar test was more uncomfortable than the vaccine :D that could just be me though, I hate my fingertips being pricked.
Nice. What is the age range they are accepting?

Hmmm..so then what did the person (nurse?) say?

Nice. What is the age range they are accepting?
I don't know, hubby is in his 40s & as you already know I am merely 17 ;).

Our RT was there organising things for our area, so it was a location rather than age thing.

Hmmm..so then what did the person (nurse?) say?
They just laughed, took my card & tried again, thinking they had put the wrong number into the computer- evident after a few attempts that my card number is useless.
I have already been back with the KTP & KK to get details sorted out on them that they screwed up- I just cannot be arsed going again. I think I might pass it 'upwards' & let a friend deal with it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819