Deforestation: rainforest destruction and social conflict in Indonesian Borneo

Anyone, that believes this propaganda, is turning a blind eye to the truth, about the dangers of Radiation! I don't believe that the radiation from bombs, and Nuclear plants blowing up is any different! Or safe! These studies were obviously written by scientists being payed off!
You are right about coal. It's dirty, and not neccessary to use now in the modern world. . The poor people that go down the mines, are usually already, very poor, desperate people that live in poverty and don't have many alternatives for work.

The bosses, and shareholders, of these companies, ( Peabody) for instance, are taking advantage of these poor miners. They cut corners, and don't install proper safety features, and ventilation. On a very small scale. Blacksmiths, and Farriers, used it for their work, because of the heat, coal produced. Which didn't produce enough pollution to affect the masses.
There is energy that is available, that was used thousands of years ago, and has been covered up to see and use. Magnetism for one. The ancient Egyptians for one, knew how to harness this Energy. Look at the design of the Pyramids, and all the ancient temples. They somehow connected the energy from the Earth, to the energy from the Sky! And created energy using crystals, and metals, to store, build it up, then conduct it.
Mama mia.... I don't know where to start with this ......

Oh, and BTW, the Egyptians had 1000's of cheap, consumable slave labor.....

Magnetism......yeah, yeah...to find a water source ?

Anyone, that believes this propaganda, is turning a blind eye to the truth, about the dangers of Radiation! I don't believe that the radiation from bombs, and Nuclear plants blowing up is any different! Or safe! These studies were obviously written by scientists being payed off!
You are right about coal. It's dirty, and not neccessary to use now in the modern world. . The poor people that go down the mines, are usually already, very poor, desperate people that live in poverty and don't have many alternatives for work.

The bosses, and shareholders, of these companies, ( Peabody) for instance, are taking advantage of these poor miners. They cut corners, and don't install proper safety features, and ventilation. On a very small scale. Blacksmiths, and Farriers, used it for their work, because of the heat, coal produced. Which didn't produce enough pollution to affect the masses.
There is energy that is available, that was used thousands of years ago, and has been covered up to see and use. Magnetism for one. The ancient Egyptians for one, knew how to harness this Energy. Look at the design of the Pyramids, and all the ancient temples. They somehow connected the energy from the Earth, to the energy from the Sky! And created energy using crystals, and metals, to store, build it up, then conduct it.
If you want to be taken seriously you need to learn to mix just one crazy conspiracy into a few paragraphs of rational thoughts.

Sorry to divert the narrative but a miner for Peabody or any other coal company in the US is very well paid. The same goes in a lot of other countries too. It's not 1935 any more.

Sorry to divert the narrative but a miner for Peabody or any other coal company in the US is very well paid. The same goes in a lot of other countries too. It's not 1935 any more.
Agreed, Miners in France (or UK) used to be well paid, plus plenty advantages (lodging being the main one)
Sadly, yes not many enjoy a long retirement.......

Reactions: Bob
Let's just go and cap all the volcanos in the world. They are probably the biggest cause of dirtying the air. I think Q has a space Lazer that can control the weather so we can eliminate mass storms so the dirty air doesn't spread out. While we're at it let's stick corks up all living creature's asses so to get rid of all that excess methane.

Listen up. Climate change is upon us. Been that way for eternity. The Earth's climate runs in cycles. In and out of Ice Ages about every 25,000 years. We are headed for the warming side. Experts actually produced charts about this long before the save the Earth avengers found a way to make headlines. I first seen charts long before climate change was a thing when the Earth's cycles were just taught in Climatology classes.

What a shame. All that money spent to study it and none spent to prepare for it's effects. Gonna happen. No defence. Stop blaming industry and technology and go buy some corks if you personally want to contribute and show everyone how you are doing your part to save the world. People should be screaming about population control and not climate control if they really wanted to make a difference.

Let's just go and cap all the volcanos in the world. They are probably the biggest cause of dirtying the air. I think Q has a space Lazer that can control the weather so we can eliminate mass storms so the dirty air doesn't spread out. While we're at it let's stick corks up all living creature's asses so to get rid of all that excess methane.

Listen up. Climate change is upon us. Been that way for eternity. The Earth's climate runs in cycles. In and out of Ice Ages about every 25,000 years. We are headed for the warming side. Experts actually produced charts about this long before the save the Earth avengers found a way to make headlines. I first seen charts long before climate change was a thing when the Earth's cycles were just taught in Climatology classes.

What a shame. All that money spent to study it and none spent to prepare for it's effects. Gonna happen. No defence. Stop blaming industry and technology and go buy some corks if you personally want to contribute and show everyone how you are doing your part to save the world. People should be screaming about population control and not climate control if they really wanted to make a difference.
I agree about all of this! Instead of wasting precious resources making weapons, we should be making more wine, and then everyone would have plenty of corks! Now what to do about Elephants, and Cows?

Volcanoes or not, you have to recognize the heavy pollution in the cities is there for a reason. Local industrial sites and traffic do play a major role.

I agree about all of this! Instead of wasting precious resources making weapons, we should be making more wine, and then everyone would have plenty of corks! Now what to do about Elephants, and Cows?
No problem having wine on hand here. Those screw tops of yours may cause some discomfort. Be careful.

Volcanoes or not, you have to recognize the heavy pollution in the cities is there for a reason. Local industrial sites and traffic do play a major role.
It's localized and probably not adding to the big picture.

It's localized and probably not adding to the big picture.
Correct. But measures will help the 15 million local population. That’s also a bit the Chinese approach; make sure everyone drives electric cars (in the big cities) but still add coal energy plants. You can call it short sighted from a global perspective but it makes the current living conditions somewhat better.

Correct. But measures will help the 15 million local population. That’s also a bit the Chinese approach; make sure everyone drives electric cars (in the big cities) but still add coal energy plants. You can call it short sighted from a global perspective but it makes the current living conditions somewhat better.
Thus one of the big reasons to only spend a year in Jakarta and heading to a place where one can breath. You are never going to change the burn everything mentality and that smoke probably is one of the biggest contributes. I can choose where I live and I choose cleaner air, friendlier people, and a non combatant diverse population.

Thus one of the big reasons to only spend a year in Jakarta and heading to a place where one can breath. You are never going to change the burn everything mentality and that smoke probably is one of the biggest contributes. I can choose where I live and I choose cleaner air, friendlier people, and a non combatant diverse population.
That's all good really unless someone decides to open some sort of mine or put one of those out of town power plants next door and everything goes to hell.

That's all good really unless someone decides to open some sort of mine or put one of those out of town power plants next door and everything goes to hell.
Probably not in my lifetime.

Or you make a fortune selling them shovels !

Yes, It is normal for the Earth to go through cycle changes, but as you said, that is suppose to happen over thousands of years! What we Humans have done now. In digging up the Coal, and Uranium, and cutting down all the trees. And exposing it to the atmosphere, We have accelerated the normal cycle radically! I heard that the Native Americans, before the white European invaders came. Had a philosophy that what we do and create now , is to think, it is for seven generations to come! Now the current attitude is, take it all now, and to hell with the future generations! If this is so. I feel sad for our children's children's children!

I, was just thinking how this subject reminded me of my teenage years, listening to the teachings of Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert (Baba Ram Das). Ram Das wrote a book entitled ( Be Here Now). It was a short book about living life in the moment. Not worrying about the past, and not to worry about the future. From what I gathered from the book, was to live life to the the fullest every day, and stop the worrying about what was or what's to come. But be the best you can be NOW! He didn't mean exploit all the Earth's resources, and to hell with the future, which seems to be what is happening now. I think, I will stick with his teachings! Om Swastiastu! Om Shanti Shanti Om!

... before the white European (snip) came.

Please capitalize the adjective White.

Timothy Leary and Richard Alpert (Baba Ram Das)

You didn't mention their connections to the CIA mind control experiments using psychedelic drugs...you were probably too busy saving indigenous peoples from White invaders. :drum:

Please capitalize the adjective White.

You didn't mention their connections to the CIA mind control experiments using psychedelic drugs...you were probably too busy saving indigenous peoples from White invaders. :drum:
They didn't need rose colored glasses to see the world in colors.

Yes, It is normal for the Earth to go through cycle changes, but as you said, that is suppose to happen over thousands of years! What we Humans have done now. In digging up the Coal, and Uranium, and cutting down all the trees. And exposing it to the atmosphere, We have accelerated the normal cycle radically! I heard that the Native Americans, before the white European invaders came. Had a philosophy that what we do and create now , is to think, it is for seven generations to come! Now the current attitude is, take it all now, and to hell with the future generations! If this is so. I feel sad for our children's children's children!
Boring teen. My teens were full of first love, easy girls, fast cars, rock and roll, golden glove boxing, wrestling, fastpitch softball, and enlistment in the military. Guess I wasn't a home boy surrounded by books as entertainment. The streets and who one associated with offered a lot of knowledge.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tehtelor
Back