Deforestation: rainforest destruction and social conflict in Indonesian Borneo

Back to 100rb Starbucks, people keep paying it, if everyone boycotts it, their prices will drop

Look at all the lemmings buying a new iPhone 15 pro max blah2, $1500 for a phone but can't pay for rent, I know girls who stay in a kos for 3jt a month and ask for iPhone 15 for bday, I say why not ask for 6 months rent instead, next week you will drop or lose the damn phone anyway

Of course Hydrogen only makes sense if the electricity is ‘green’. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to produce an environment friendly solution with power stations that run on coal. Obviously we need to go back to more nuclear energy and invest in more of those plants. But in Indonesia? 😰

In case of the recent Biofuels research, you should replace the word Germans with “Porsche” 😅 They would like to keep the 911 without (full) electrification. Probably those owners are the only ones capable of paying the price of €4 per liter.
Coal is green as long as efficient scrubbers are used and the ash is properly landfilled. Nuclear has the waste disposal problem that we've never quite solved. Yes nuclear's a risky source for a country prone to strong earthquakes.

Your statement about obviously we need more Nuclear power plants, floored me! How can people promote this toxic source if energy as clean fuel? No one seems to mention how deadly the fallout is for the whole world! Ask the people who survived Hiroshima, and Nagasaki what they think about Nuclear radiation? I do agree making biofuel from coal powered plants is not good either. All I am saying is, we need to produce the things we use and need in a sustainable, non polluting way so they we don't destroy this Planet for generations to come!
France's electricity sources last week

66% nuclear
16% windmills
16% hydraulic
0 % coal

Screenshot_20240417-064334_SamsungInternet_copy_600x1067.jpg

And this old frog participated in 10 nuclear "tests" in the Pacific in the 70's

France's electricity sources last week

66% nuclear
16% windmills
16% hydraulic
0 % coal

View attachment 3955

And this old frog participated in 10 nuclear "tests" in the Pacific in the 70's
So, what is your point? You are Superhuman, and radiation doesn't affect you? Yea, I know France uses Many Nuclear power plants. That doesn't mean it's an intelligent thing to do! If one of those plants blows up, then the Frenchies are Fried! Stupid is as Stupid does!

So, what is your point? You are Superhuman, and radiation doesn't affect you? Yea, I know France uses Many Nuclear power plants. That doesn't mean it's an intelligent thing to do! If one of those plants blows up, then the Frenchies are Fried! Stupid is as Stupid does!
You should THINK before posting stupid stuff.....

Well, at least try.....

Come on, we don’t live in the 80-ies anymore where nuclear energy was similar to bombs and nuclear threats.

Even the green and ultra left political parties in Europe now realize the rapid phasing out of nuclear energy has been a big mistake. And now they scramble to keep them open longer which puts the owners, the energy companies, in a comfortable “we can ask what we want” position.

Your statement about obviously we need more Nuclear power plants, floored me! How can people promote this toxic source if energy as clean fuel? No one seems to mention how deadly the fallout is for the whole world! Ask the people who survived Hiroshima, and Nagasaki what they think about Nuclear radiation? I do agree making biofuel from coal powered plants is not good either. All I am saying is, we need to produce the things we use and need in a sustainable, non polluting way so they we don't destroy this Planet for generations to come!
That is extremely ignorant. Nuclear bombs (Hiroshima, Nagasaki) are entirely different than nuclear power. Furthermore, nuclear power is exceptionally safe. Nuclear power is approximately 1000 times fewer deaths for the same energy production compared to coal and gas: https://ourworldindata.org/safest-sources-of-energy

You recall the Fukashima accident a few years back? Only 1 person died from radioactive exposure, several hundred died from secondary effects; https://www.engineering.com/story/whats-the-death-toll-of-nuclear-vs-other-energy-sources

In comparison, hundreds of coal miners die every year in accidents, and thousands die young from 'black lung'. Also the communities surrounding coal mines suffer significant health effects and drop in life expectancy, and for the whole globe some estimates place the deaths attributable to fossil fuels to be in the millions.

And now they scramble to keep them open longer which puts the owners, the energy companies, in a comfortable “we can ask what we want” position.
EDF has been re-nationalized, like it was before.
The "open competition" approach by the EU was a disaster.

Back to 100rb Starbucks, people keep paying it, if everyone boycotts it, their prices will drop

Look at all the lemmings buying a new iPhone 15 pro max blah2, $1500 for a phone but can't pay for rent, I know girls who stay in a kos for 3jt a month and ask for iPhone 15 for bday, I say why not ask for 6 months rent instead, next week you will drop or lose the damn phone anyway
Many boycott Starbucks now. Have the prices dropped?

The ones that called for a boycot were those who could not afford it in the first place. And yes, they still visit KFC/McD/A&W/… and the Starbucks’es are as busy as ever.

The ones that called for a boycot were those who could not afford it in the first place. And yes, they still visit KFC/McD/A&W/… and the Starbucks’es are as busy as ever.
The Starbucks in my area which used to have a lot of jilbaber customers are noticeably less crowded. I suppose a lot of them could afford it if they wanted, since they could before.

Almost as if it was a month for jilbabers NOT to be in Starbucks

That is extremely ignorant. Nuclear bombs (Hiroshima, Nagasaki) are entirely different than nuclear power. Furthermore, nuclear power is exceptionally safe. Nuclear power is approximately 1000 times fewer deaths for the same energy production compared to coal and gas: https://ourworldindata.org/safest-sources-of-energy

You recall the Fukashima accident a few years back? Only 1 person died from radioactive exposure, several hundred died from secondary effects; https://www.engineering.com/story/whats-the-death-toll-of-nuclear-vs-other-energy-sources

In comparison, hundreds of coal miners die every year in accidents, and thousands die young from 'black lung'. Also the communities surrounding coal mines suffer significant health effects and drop in life expectancy, and for the whole globe some estimates place the deaths attributable to fossil fuels to be in the millions.
Anyone, that believes this propaganda, is turning a blind eye to the truth, about the dangers of Radiation! I don't believe that the radiation from bombs, and Nuclear plants blowing up is any different! Or safe! These studies were obviously written by scientists being payed off!
You are right about coal. It's dirty, and not neccessary to use now in the modern world. . The poor people that go down the mines, are usually already, very poor, desperate people that live in poverty and don't have many alternatives for work.

The bosses, and shareholders, of these companies, ( Peabody) for instance, are taking advantage of these poor miners. They cut corners, and don't install proper safety features, and ventilation. On a very small scale. Blacksmiths, and Farriers, used it for their work, because of the heat, coal produced. Which didn't produce enough pollution to affect the masses.
There is energy that is available, that was used thousands of years ago, and has been covered up to see and use. Magnetism for one. The ancient Egyptians for one, knew how to harness this Energy. Look at the design of the Pyramids, and all the ancient temples. They somehow connected the energy from the Earth, to the energy from the Sky! And created energy using crystals, and metals, to store, build it up, then conduct it.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agperfumecosmetics
Back