Decent kitchen appliance retailer in Bandung?

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
We will be in Bandung for awhile, and need to buy some new kitchen appliances. I’ve looked on Tokopedia a little but some pricing just seems astronomical to the US prices I’m used to.

Looking for:

Small-medium microwave
Panini/sandwich maker
Air fryer
Sous Vide

All electric devices. I’d love a one stop shop. Nothing fancy, but I’m seeing many prices 3-4 higher than in the states. Especially for a simple sandwich maker.

Hi Jaime,
I dont know the product that you're familiar in USA. Certain popular product in USA but not in Indonesia, can be more expensive but 3 -4 higher is too much. Most of kitchen appliance in the market is made china.
For Air Fryer, we love Phillips air fryer. I check the price of HD-9252 in Shoppee is Rp. 1,9million while in Amazon US is more expensive, ie. USD 150.
Our Sharp sandwich maker has been serving us for more than 8 years, still working well until now. I check in Shoppe, price for similar mode is less than Rp. 300K.
We use Samsung microwave 30l; it's more than 10 years old, obsolete,; the similar capacity in Shopee is Rp. 2.1M and in Amazon USD 170 after discount 26%,

Thanks, Wisnu. Yes, $30 for a sandwich maker is what I regularly see. Seeing lots of 1.3-2.3 jt models on Tokopedia this week.

Philips is usually the most expensive air fryer out there. I see lots of other 7qt size for $40-60 in the US. We have a Gourmia one that’s 4 years old and gets used frequently.

I’ll look some more today.

I’ve changed my search terms to get a wider result, and gotten lots more cheaper results.

I’ve changed my search terms to get a wider result, and gotten lots more cheaper results.
Could help to search in Indonesian instead of English also. I learned that trick a long time ago.

Ordered 2 things on Shopee.

Sandwich/Panini maker was under 200k. Seems fine so far.

Just got the air fryer. The plastic wrap protecting the outside was also inside part of the unit. The air fryer drawer was very hard to pull in/out. Tried cooking some fries, and it didn’t cook them correctly. Now we’ve got to try and return it.

The shipping alone on the Microwave was about 200k, so my wife just bought it at a local merchant.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back
Top Bottom