covid positive PCR

GorengIndoMie

Hi Just sharing my story.

I arrived in Indonesia 8 day ago spent quarantine in Holiday Inn Pluit. When I arrived I had PCR negative. They did test again on hotel (1st) which is negative. Paid 11m for stay 2 people.

I stayed with my wife in same room, the second test showed positive CT value 18.0 , I got flu after arriving maybe its because of that. Then they moved me today to Hariston Hotel paid 18m for 14 day they said I need to stay 14 days.

Now they will do my test on 22nd and 27th July. I am feeling normal as I do no issue so far. I think test is false positive because my wife and me stayed same room and she is negative. I told them if they can arrange test from different lab but no luck, they said even if 22nd july test is negative I need to stay here until 14 days.

I hope things will be ok when they do PCR test again.

Last edited:
They told me I can go outside the room and I am surpised if hotel have covid patients why they allowing it? previous one didn't allowed to go outside.

That is some bad luck, man. You seem to be dealing with the frustration factor pretty well (or at least better than I would have).

I arrived in Indonesia 8 day ago spent quarantine in Holiday Inn Pluit. When I arrived I had PCR negative. They did test again on hotel (1st) which is negative. Paid 11m for stay 2 people.

I stayed with my wife in same room, the second test showed positive CT value 18.0 , I got flu after arriving maybe its because of that. Then they moved me today to Hariston Hotel paid 18m for 14 day they said I need to stay 14 days.

Now they will do my test on 22nd and 27th July. I am feeling normal as I do no issue so far. I think test is false positive because my wife and me stayed same room and she is negative. I told them if they can arrange test from different lab but no luck, they said even if 22nd july test is negative I need to stay here until 14 days.

Hi there - are you and your wife vaxxed?
If you had the "flu" and you have a +ve test you probably did have covid. If you are both vaxxed then you probably weren't very infectious and your wife could have avoided catching it due to her immunity. Or maybe you already had covid and both have natural immunity built up already.

There is a small chance it's a false positive or mistake from the testing lab but travel is inherently risky for getting exposed to covid so you might have caught it on route here and only became infected after arrival (which is how viruses work).

Best of luck with the remainder of your quarantine period. Seems like the quarantine hotel is not being very professional if they are letting you out of the room and you are supposed to be a covid+ve case.......

Something like this happened to me in January. I was in quarantine and had the first PCR test on a Sunday, was told on Tuesday I was positive, retested again on Thursday, results on Friday said I was negative. As for the moving outside the room, at the first place, they said after I had the first pcr test, I could leave the room. Second place, they said I had to stay in the room.

For me, I am 100% sure it was a false positive/trying to get more money/the lab screwing up. Reason being between the end of November and before I returned, I had 8 different tests(pcr, antigen, and rapid) all which were negative. I had that one 'positive' test and then two negative(one while at the end of quarantine and one maybe 5 days after I was home).

The Australian experience of hotel quarantining has not been very impressive with many people becoming positive after being quarantined. The government is now moving to home quarantining but difficult with travelers who do not have a home in which they can quarantine. Where there are large military style camps these are now being used for quarantining rather than being locked up in a tower with airconditioning and air control that has been linked with passing the virus

Speaking of which, looks like you are not the only one suspicious about dodgy dealings going on @ChrisTex :

Funny enough, after I had received the second pcr test at the special quarantine hotel on the Thursday, they said I would know the result by siang(11am-3pm roughly). Around noon I sent a WA to ask about the result and I was told it wasn't ready. Messaged again at 2pm and was told it was in process and try ask again at 4pm. 4pm comes and they claim it isn't ready. By this point, I told them I knew I was negative based on the prior tests and even if I was 'positive', I was going to pack my things and self quarantine at home. Right before 5pm, I received a WA saying congrats, you tested negative you can go home. It appears they seemed to think I was seeing through their scam.

My wife was ready to come and jail break me. A friend of ours who was a reporter for TV One and did special correspondants for them while she was abroad said I should tell them I would be contacting the media and she is the one who suggested they were just about the money.

I was at Best Western in Seyenan and then Twin Plaza Hotel(it was worse than Best Western). On top of that, at both hotels, it was mainly just dropping food off and nothing else. The only health check I had was when I entered Twin Plaza. Someone I know who is Indonesian who tested positive and was in a quarantine hotel, was given his meals, was checked on, and given vitiamins daily.

Thanks for sharing. I think a lot of fishy things going on with all the testing.

Does anyone know how such a case gets handled statistically?

Every positive result is a new case and after the test is negative it gets counted as healed? Or how does it work?

Hi Guys thanks for good response, we both are fully vaccinated. I just asked hotel that I am willing to pay extra to do one more PCR now besides the two tests they will do, this time desk told me they are checking and will let me know.

Besides that its strange they allowing covid patients to go outside and also in parking area in fresh air.

Hi there - are you and your wife vaxxed?
If you had the "flu" and you have a +ve test you probably did have covid. If you are both vaxxed then you probably weren't very infectious and your wife could have avoided catching it due to her immunity. Or maybe you already had covid and both have natural immunity built up already.

There is a small chance it's a false positive or mistake from the testing lab but travel is inherently risky for getting exposed to covid so you might have caught it on route here and only became infected after arrival (which is how viruses work).

Best of luck with the remainder of your quarantine period. Seems like the quarantine hotel is not being very professional if they are letting you out of the room and you are supposed to be a covid+ve case.......

I have flu because of cold in room and i get flu easily even before covid it was like that. We are fully vaccinated. But can't complain I am struck here my wife is with family now. I just stated counting days till 28th lol

Update they not allowing me to do a test (on demand) and paying them. They said I can only do a test on 22nd and 26th.

Yup that happened to me too after I moved to the special quarantine hotel. I wanted to be tested right away. Keep fighting them.

I tried they not listening they said its not possible.

Ask them if they want the media involved and if if they would like to be named and shamed in social media for not allowing you to get a pcr test. Also have your phone out and set on video mode.

The hotel tries to keep you longer by colluding with gov’t employees? I’m shocked, shocked!

Thanks for posting. I had a similar experience arriving back in Jakarta in January. First test negative, second test positive. Got hauled off to the Zona Merah facility in West Jakarta for another six days. On Day Three I showed them the result of self-test (neg) and self-antibody test (pos), to no avail. But in my case, I had just had covid in Kenya the previous week. And the test also picks up residual covid from a recent infection in 16% of cases. That's why in my case I did not suspect a scam. Rethinking it now. Also - since I'm now travelling overseas - wondering whether to just stay gone for a while😅

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819