Covid 19 "jabs" for kitas/kitap holders ?

Has anyone seen indication that the Vaksin Mandiri / Vaksin Gontong Royong may include private hospitals offering paid vaccinations?

Has anyone seen indication that the Vaksin Mandiri / Vaksin Gontong Royong may include private hospitals offering paid vaccinations?
Siloam (Lippo) has, using Lippo Malls as vaccination sites. The catch is that they'll be targeting senior citiens for the next 3 months.

Siloam (Lippo) has, using Lippo Malls as vaccination sites. The catch is that they'll be targeting senior citiens for the next 3 months.

That says you must first register with Kementrian Kesehatan, and doesn't mention Vaksin Mandiri / Gontong Royong or the vaccine given. Is it possible that may simply be a part of the national vaccine program with the Sinovac vaccine?

My understanding, perhaps wrong, is that other vaccines like Moderna will be imported for Vaksin Mandiri which will be offered to companies to purchase for their employees and their families, with no age or medical limitations.

That says you must first register with Kementrian Kesehatan, and doesn't mention Vaksin Mandiri / Gontong Royong or the vaccine given. Is it possible that may simply be a part of the national vaccine program with the Sinovac vaccine?

My understanding, perhaps wrong, is that other vaccines like Moderna will be imported for Vaksin Mandiri which will be offered to companies to purchase for their employees and their families, with no age or medical limitations.
Fair point about the registration with the Ministry of Health.

I'm not sure about the employees and their families' route.

I too perhaps have a limited understanding but I've always taken Vaksin Mandiri to be the vaccine for the general public and I'm of the opinion that it'll be a while before we gets to the point with the vaccination of other priority groups like doctors/nurses, TNI/Police, senior citizens etc. still ongoing.

Another source of vaccination is charitable organizations. Had someone from my social circle vaccinated through Tzu-Chi which is a Buddhist organization that runs a hospital. But once again they're vaccinating senior citizens rather than the general public.

Last edited:

I don't think they have decided exactly what vaccines the Gontong Royong will utilize yet. I'm assuming it will be the sinovac.
My team signed up the company during the week and they have received no info about when/ what vaccines/ where yet despite asking (although I think they might have specified which hospital in the city but I cant remember as this wasn't important to me).

I don't think they have decided exactly what vaccines the Gontong Royong will utilize yet. I'm assuming it will be the sinovac.
My team signed up the company during the week and they have received no info about when/ what vaccines/ where yet despite asking (although I think they might have specified which hospital in the city but I cant remember as this wasn't important to me).

The government will specifically not allow vaccines that are in the free program (Sinovac, AZ, Pfizer, etc) for the paid option. Probably to prevent those free vaccines from disappearing and suddenly turning up in the paid program...

Sinopharm and Moderna are some of the vaccines considered for the paid option, with Sinopharm probably being closer to realization.

The government will specifically not allow vaccines that are in the free program (Sinovac, AZ, Pfizer, etc) for the paid option. Probably to prevent those free vaccines from disappearing and suddenly turning up in the paid program...

Sinopharm and Moderna are some of the vaccines considered for the paid option, with Sinopharm probably being closer to realization.
Sadly, I trust Moderna much more than I trust Sinopharm (based on the transparency of the testing and approval process); going with Sinopharm reminds me of an old adage: "There is the right way, there is the wrong way, and there is the Army way..."

I am on a KITAS and registered for the vaccine but was turned away at RSUD Pasar Minggu and the local puskesmas
I am lansia on KITAS, I took my KTP - OA (for DKI) to RS Suyoto. They took my blood pressure and checked the glucose level and gave me the vaccine right away. I also have to gave them Surat Domisili from RW.

Maybe not really the right thread to post it, but interesting article nevertheless

The rich having "privileged access" to coveted scarce resources is nothing new here or anywhere else in the world

We got our 1st shots today. I do not know about KITAS holders but myself being a KITAP holder I only had to present my KTP and KK. Nothing asked about immigration status. I'm a resident so no problem.

While waiting for our 1st shots I seen a half dozen people turned away. Primarily untreated blood pressure issues and a couple for answers to the medical conditions questionnaire. Everyone of them were advised to see a doctor and obtain treatment so they could be vaccinated.

Our local KL at Beranda Mumbul Nusa Dua has just given information that starting 30th March Surya Husada Hospital Nusa Dua will be giving the jab to over 60's including kitas & kitap holders.

Requirements are copies of passport , kitas / kitap, sktt & domicile letter signed & dated by KL. which should all be given to the KL

My wife rang Surya Husada hospital who confirmed the above & said the KL will give our data to Puskesmas Kuta Selatan who will make a schedule & give it to the KL who will then inform us when we should turn up at Surya Husada

Our local KL at Beranda Mumbul Nusa Dua has just given information that starting 30th March Surya Husada Hospital Nusa Dua will be giving the jab to over 60's including kitas & kitap holders.

Requirements are copies of passport , kitas / kitap, sktt & domicile letter signed & dated by KL. which should all be given to the KL

My wife rang Surya Husada hospital who confirmed the above & said the KL will give our data to Puskesmas Kuta Selatan who will make a schedule & give it to the KL who will then inform us when we should turn up at Surya Husada
My wife handed in the documents to the KL & has been told there will be anotherform to complete once the schedule comes back from Puskesmas & (at some time) in April vaccinations will be open to all ages ..... we'll see.

Last edited:
Had my 1st shot on 5th of March, 2nd shot will be 5th of April. No issues, showed KTP and KK, done within an hour in Jakarta Selatan

Got the first jab today, bit of a headache after an hour or so, trying to deal with transferring contacts into a new hp &, lost the plot..... Mrs said to the daughter "maybe they gave him the rabies vaccine".

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819