Covid 19 "jabs" for kitas/kitap holders ?

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
Does anyone have information where longstayers might get , as supplies become available ?
My wife made some calls to health dept ,they had no idea .

gemima

Cager
I was going to post a thread about this - I have a friend living near me who may be getting vaccinated via his apartment building management at some stage this week (he's on KITAS) - he only has vague details right now so I don't know if it's just a rumour. I was surprised when he told me about it.
After Jokowi's announcement last week about allowing businesses to vaccinate their employees I've asked my team to follow up about it but they have found nothing.

EDIT: My neighbour is completely mistaken about his apartment arranging vaccines - he had a big miss-communication with his wife

Last edited:

Helpful Herbert

The way the rollout is going, just turning up at a hospital and joining the queue might be the best way to do it. I've heard of that working.

dafluff

Cager
Does anyone have information where longstayers might get , as supplies become available ?
My wife made some calls to health dept ,they had no idea .

Right now there are signups for KTP holders, although my guess it's just for WNI KTPs?

Very likely that foreigners will have to wait until a private option becomes available, now apparently coming as soon as March.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
KITAP holders get a KTP (OA) and according to immigration law are to be considered "penduduk Indonesia". By my thinking they should be treated equally with WNI for vaccination, and I suspect that will be the official status, though the opinion of local officials often rules the day.

dafluff

Cager
I would hope that means you can choose which variant of the vaccine you receive.

Probably, but it's not like there is a glut of vaccines out there right now. Also, the gov't will have to issue an approval for any vaccine to be used.

From what I read so far Indonesia may have access to some Astra Zeneca stuff starting Q3 2021, and Sinopharm stuff a bit earlier. So far the government has said that the Sinopharm vaccine is slated for the "vaksin mandiri" (=paid option) program, but we'll see.

Wisnu

Charter Member
Another way to get early vaccination. Not sure if applicable for Kitas/kitap holder.

Sebanyak 39 orang tahanan KPK telah disuntik vaksin Corona. Termasuk mantan Mensos Juliari Batubara, dan mantan Menteri Kelautan dan Perikanan Edhy Prabowo.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Indonesia wants cheap. Plain and simple. China is the place they turned along with it's availability. I would guess they may even be looking at the Russian sputnik next. Any other vaccine would be in short supply and if they should get their hands on some and they go through the approvals, they will be expensive. Like i said before, Indonesia should have just paid attention to what is going on in the Vaccine world. If so they could have been early on the J&J list. It is a single shot and at 10% the cost of the others. No, just wait. Maybe someone will send us free ones.

dannyboy

KITAP holders get a KTP (OA) and according to immigration law are to be considered "penduduk Indonesia". By my thinking they should be treated equally with WNI for vaccination, and I suspect that will be the official status, though the opinion of local officials often rules the day.
That is true. According to SK Dirjen regarding vaccination, the jab is for penduduk not warga negara, which by definition includes wni and wna with valid stay permit.

Link: https://promkes.kemkes.go.id/sk-dir...i-dalam-rangka-penanggulangan-pandemi-covid19

However, because it not widely explained, I wouldn't be surprised if someone/ the media made a big fuss over it and post it on social media...

Last edited:

dafluff

Cager
Some regulation on independent vaccination program has been released. Summarized in the picture below.

1) Intended for companies to immunize their workers and their families. The companies are paying for it, not the recipient.
2) May not use Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Novavax, or Pfizer, as those are already in the free program.

EvJ9sgpUUAQwzpF.jpg

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelgellar