Coming soon: No more PCR/antigen tests for fully vaccinated domestic travellers.

dafluff

Cager
Domestic travel within Indonesia will soon no longer require PCR/antigen tests for fully vaccinated travelers.

A government circular making this official is expected very soon, says Pak Luhut.

Domestic travel within Indonesia will soon no longer require PCR/antigen tests for fully vaccinated travelers.

A government circular making this official is expected very soon, says Pak Luhut.

Great news! Hopefully, "fully vaccinated" does not require a booster.

Great news as my wife and I have a wedding to attend in her hometown in 2 weeks.

Apparently international quarantine reduced to 1 day effective immediately? A bit confusing as they say Umrah and overseas travelers. So i presume that means everyone travelling overseas? Also note the crazy 47% positive rate mentioned for those returning from Umrah. Maybe a longer quarantine should still be in place for those guys.

Also note the crazy 47% positive rate mentioned for those returning from Umrah.
Have you seen how close those people are to each other at the airport? When they queue they like to have about 2cm to the guy in front, otherwise they sit packed in little circles on the airport floor. The concept of social distancing hasn't registered yet.

Have you seen how close those people are to each other at the airport? When they queue they like to have about 2cm to the guy in front, otherwise they sit packed in little circles on the airport floor. The concept of social distancing hasn't registered yet.
Also, the conditions (non rich) Indonesian citizens are kept in during their Umrah trip are far from ideal - squeezed into busses and kept in communal dormitories. Idea conditions for virus spread.

Apparently international quarantine reduced to 1 day effective immediately? A bit confusing as they say Umrah and overseas travelers. So i presume that means everyone travelling overseas? Also note the crazy 47% positive rate mentioned for those returning from Umrah. Maybe a longer quarantine should still be in place for those guys.

As much as I hate the idea of quarantine....I think 2x24 hours quarantine with PCR is a happy medium for Int'l travellers...with the negatives obviously free to go home (to me at least). Maybe 1 or 2 days won't make a difference, I don't know.

Did somebody say something about different CT value in Europe (?) as benchmark vs Indonesia? (like in Indonesia I heard that a minimum of 40 is considered negative, while in some other countries maybe a ct value at much lower value is considered negative.

I dont mind 24 hours, 2x24 hours or even longer for quarantine. What i find hard to take is the possibility of testing positive and not be allowed to quarantine at home or at the same hotel but being forced to an unknown place of unknown quality. I imagine that is a big deterrence to tourists

What i find hard to take is the possibility of testing positive and not be allowed to quarantine at home or at the same hotel but being forced to an unknown place of unknown quality.
I thought the past few regulations made it so you stay at the same hotel if you test positive with mild or no symptoms?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tehtelor
Back