Can I still use visa-free entry if I disregard expired KITAS?

takeshi

Hi there,

I got a spousal sponsored ITAS in February 2020, but I left Indonesia in September of that year to return to my country work for family, my ITAS expired in February 2021, and I thought I didn't need it at first Dealing with it, but next month I want to go back to Indonesia to visit my family and this question pops into my head, I want to make sure if I can disregard my expired ITAS and use visa-free access to Indonesia? Will I be denied entry because of an expired ITAS? what should I do? I don't want that I can't see my baby.....I haven't seen him since birth, thanks....

It expired or it was cancelled.
Did you get EPO?
Are you entering on the same Passport?

It expired or it was cancelled.
Did you get EPO?
Are you entering on the same Passport?
I have done nothing about this expired ITAS, I have been busy working in my home country during this period, I have no EPO, yes I will use the same passport, thank you

You could have a problem
If you have time, apply for a new passport

You could have a problem
If you have time, apply for a new passport
Hello, I don't understand what is the point of a new passport? My fingerprints, my passport number, Indonesian customs can still check my past information

Here is what needs to be done: "MERP-Tidak Kembali" to be processed by your KITAS sponsor (spouse). Easy process, and can be done without agent if your spouse/sponsor is in Indonesia for the immigration visit.

I have described it previously here:
...or just substitute the missing EPO with "MERP-Tidak Kembali". It's basically EPO for people who already left Indonesia. Your former university seems to be helpful and showing responsibility, so this will be the best and easiest way. As a sponsor they will arrange this locally. They might need proof of your departure to process it (i.e. copy of departure stamp or flight tickets) besides the other immigration docs related to your KITAS as part of the procedure. I guess the details depend on the local immigration office and they will advise. Attached is what the MERP looks like, you should ask them for a copy.

It's an easy procedure. Going out/emigration is always easy, coming in/immigration much harder,
I think it applies to all countries. :)

Here is what needs to be done: "MERP-Tidak Kembali" to be processed by your KITAS sponsor (spouse). Easy process, and can be done without agent if your spouse/sponsor is in Indonesia for the immigration visit.

I have described it previously here:
How long did it take you to complete the "MERP-Tidak Kembali"? In addition, I read in some articles that because KITAS are all electronic documents (A4 size) now, there is no requirement for EPO. Usually, you can ask the customs to stamp the cancellation stamp for you when you enter the country. Do you have any thoughts on this? ? thanks

Because it's not as obvious as a passport full of Indonesian stamps if you use a new one and he might think it's just a computer error
Besides is shows you exited legally
Not sure if it would say Kitas validity since it expired anyway
It shows you left legally and now re entry legally

Hello,

I read in some articles that because KITAS are all electronic documents (A4 size) now, there is no requirement for EPO.
Please share the source? If you are referring to some articles that state something like this there should be a link. KITAS has been electronic for many years and EPO is an absolute active procedure until today.

How long did it take you to complete the "MERP-Tidak Kembali"
1-2 weeks should be enough in Jakarta, can be different if you are dealing with another immigration office. It is an easy process.

Usually, you can ask the customs to stamp the cancellation stamp for you when you enter the country.
Please share the source? If it was like this I do not understand the threat and questions. Anyways customs has nothing to do with immigration.

Not sure if it would say Kitas validity since it expired anyway
Even expired KITAS (or one that would otherwise expire) needs to be cancelled via EPO/MERP TK. It's the process to "clear" you out from immigration.

I would recommend to just follow the easy MERP TK procedure and to then enter with peace of mind.

I would recommend to just follow the easy MERP TK procedure and to then enter with peace of mind.
How would the OP even get a MERP after they have a KITAS that expired over 1 year ago?

It should be just the same process as for a KITAS that is still valid or recently expired.

The domestic sponsor applies for it after departure of the foreigner. Always the best to go to immigration and just explain the situation and reconfirm the letter format and attachment requirements. For MERP TK it includes proof of departure from Indonesia (passport scan, exit stamps) as differentiation from EPO which is the equivalent process for foreigners cancelling KITAS while still being in Indonesia (and then having around a week to depart).

Just do VOA you will have no problems. I had the same problem(Kitap) and entered on a VOA.

Hi there,

I got a spousal sponsored ITAS in February 2020, but I left Indonesia in September of that year to return to my country work for family, my ITAS expired in February 2021, and I thought I didn't need it at first Dealing with it, but next month I want to go back to Indonesia to visit my family and this question pops into my head, I want to make sure if I can disregard my expired ITAS and use visa-free access to Indonesia? Will I be denied entry because of an expired ITAS? what should I do? I don't want that I can't see my baby.....I haven't seen him since birth, thanks....
Hi takeshi,
you can entry using visa on arrival (30 days granted and can be extend for next 30 days) or apply for social visit visa (60 days granted and can be extend for next 120 days). both of this choice is one single entry.

Which social visit visa is 60 days and can be extended for 120 ?

Using B211A or B211B -- you get directly 60 days then you can extend for another 60days then another 60days so totally is 180days since you get the visa.

That's absolutely wrong. Are you really a visa agent?
Mods - not a personal attack. Bear with me

During Covid the B211 sosbud was 30 days initial then 4 x 30 days extentions with a mandatory immigration visit 2nd ext for prints and photo.

So good for 5 months. Not 6.

Now since the last couple of months it has been only a straight 60 day visa. When that expires you must apply for a NEW one.

Now you could call that a renewal but it is not renewing an expired one.

It is the whole new process starting again.
A completely fresh application

That is the current B211 visa

Good for 60 days only. Costs 2.5jt (I think?)

Is this the official one? I have so many on my phone I think this was from April or May?

Attachments

• 13. SE IMPLEMENTASI JENIS DAN TARIF PENERIMAAN NEGARA BUKAN PAJAK.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 114
Thank you for replying to my question, my final decision is still to apply for ERP, I do not want any risk, I am very grateful for your replies, have a good day :)

That's absolutely wrong. Are you really a visa agent?
Mods - not a personal attack. Bear with me

During Covid the B211 sosbud was 30 days initial then 4 x 30 days extentions with a mandatory immigration visit 2nd ext for prints and photo.

So good for 5 months. Not 6.

Now since the last couple of months it has been only a straight 60 day visa. When that expires you must apply for a NEW one.

Now you could call that a renewal but it is not renewing an expired one.

It is the whole new process starting again.
A completely fresh application

That is the current B211 visa

Good for 60 days only. Costs 2.5jt (I think?)

Hi there thanks for your efforts , but you should reads the newest directorate immigrations rules, as per 16 April 2022 for evey applications B211 was given 2 months directly, with cost 2million for PNBP not 2,5 million IDR :) and only granted for the next 120 days with extension every 60 days as i mentioned above *cheerss :)

Attachments

• 01da3473-9df2-42f3-97ab-d8a14ac898af.jpg
    01da3473-9df2-42f3-97ab-d8a14ac898af.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 66
  • b2458f40-b314-4fd6-aad7-18c5972dfa20.jpg
    b2458f40-b314-4fd6-aad7-18c5972dfa20.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 67

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back