BPJS... I am still confused

kroshka

Having tried to understand the system of BJPS and all it "part programs". I admit I still dont understand it fully.

BPJS is mandatory for companies. And that is fine and fully understandable..

BPJS "parts" are paid as a % according to the salary.

Is it correct that you minimum have to pay % according to minimum monthly salary? Let us say our company has a cleaning person employed working twice per week - paying this person 200,000 per day. Do I then really need to pay % based on 3,355,750 (if we wish and have to enroll her to the BPJS system)?

We wish to do this according to the law. Any comments and input appreciated.

I am confused by it too... & everyone (Indonesian people) I speak to about it says: don't waste money on it because the hospitals treat you as something the cat dragged in. So... I still haven't got any.

& as for the % - I just bung the lad I have working for us enough for him to go buy his own every month... hmmm - or ... ooops???

Well Bad_azz, the thing is that it is mandatory for a company to have - and we wish to follow the rules. But I just dont think it is correct that we cannot insure a lets say part time office person, according to her real part time salary.. but that we and she has to pay according to the minimum full time salary

I am confused by it too... & everyone (Indonesian people) I speak to about it says: don't waste money on it because the hospitals treat you as something the cat dragged in. So... I still haven't got any.

I appreciate in certain parts of the archipelago there are failures in service , ques etc , we are fortunate in south bali to have a good service no ques to speak of , a choice of good hospitals , ya the treatment in some cases and systems are not as good as europe , but considering we live in a developing country its pretty good , imho.

Having tried to understand the system of BJPS and all it "part programs". I admit I still dont understand it fully.

BPJS is mandatory for companies. And that is fine and fully understandable..

BPJS "parts" are paid as a % according to the salary.

Is it correct that you minimum have to pay % according to minimum monthly salary? Let us say our company has a cleaning person employed working twice per week - paying this person 200,000 per day. Do I then really need to pay % based on 3,355,750 (if we wish and have to enroll her to the BPJS system)?

We wish to do this according to the law. Any comments and input appreciated.

From our BPJS article, (https://www.expatindo.org/summary-jkn-and-bpjs/) :

Premium for Employees
For employees the premium is set at 5% of monthly salary up to a salary cap of Rp 8 million. In the private sector, the employer is responsible for 4% and the employee has 1% of their salary deducted. Meanwhile, for public sector employees the split is 3% and 2% instead. This covers the employee, their spouse and up to 4 dependent children. Dependent children are unmarried children up to 21 years old, or 25 years old if attending university. Parents or children beyond the first 4 can be added at 1% of monthly salary per person. Employees with monthly salary of Rp 4 million or less are eligible for Class II facilities. Meanwhile, those with higher salary will be eligible for Class I facilities.

There is a bit of unfairness in the case that both husband and wife are working as employees. In that case both have to pay the premium. Yet, the coverage of one should cover the other.

Note on taxes: The employer contribution is considered as taxable income (penghasilan kena pajak) and should be reported as such. Similarly, employee contribution can not be deducted from taxable income.

Well Bad_azz, the thing is that it is mandatory for a company to have - and we wish to follow the rules. But I just dont think it is correct that we cannot insure a lets say part time office person, according to her real part time salary.. but that we and she has to pay according to the minimum full time salary

That's the way it is. The staff will explain it to you if you visit their office.

Thanks SekolahVictory - we have been there.. they dont really give correct info. rather different info depending on who you speak to - and most cannot communicate in English nor send documentation. Many locals are not really used to insurances, and thus do not have the back ground to ask the relevant questions. Basically, I am interested in doing this to make sure, the locals can be treated well when a problem occurs The reason why I ask here is to see if some forum members have experience or knowledge....

Thanks Dafluff - I have read the link more times, however, it does not really give me answer to my question (however, many other useful info)

I recently come down a mild stroke luckly I was on family BPJS. The treatment I get not to the std of "cat dragged in". That because I opt for class 1(Rp80.000 per person/month). But it is diffirent in goverment hospital to hospital. It is not what you expected line in our own country. Main thing is I get well. If we get from other insurance agency still the same unless you went to private hospital or clinic.

Thanks for that DS , I have to agree it seems like a valuable safety net- and re the Class 1, it does seem that it would offer a fairly decent service.
I hope you recover fully.

From what I've seen with BPJS is that they have caps on medicine prices. I'm not too sure how it works but it seems that different hospitals have different caps on medicine prices. My father-in-law had to go to the kota RSU as they have a higher cap for med prices. If he went to RS Dharmais, the limit is higher, but it's a bit of a drive. Also, he had an operation and the hospital room he had was not air conditioned and there was only one fan in the room (not operating room)....this was at RSUD Kabupaten Tangerang.

There just seems to be a lot of waiting and sometimes they dont even have the meds available...at least for prostate cancer.

If you're outside of the BPJS system...well...you pay a premium price for that and your experience will vary from hospital to hospital/department to department.

It's better than nothing and it won't burn a hole in your pocket. So many people, FIL included, wait until they're in such crappy condition (think nearly on deathbed) and spend large sums of money to stay alive when if they just had BPJS they'd be fine and still have their savings. sigh...

I just need to ask something here... we are outside the city limits. Yet in the city are at least two really decent hospitals, can I name them as the ones we prefer & are we likely to get treatment there.
Or do I have to use the Kabupaten hospitals?

I just need to ask something here... we are outside the city limits. Yet in the city are at least two really decent hospitals, can I name them as the ones we prefer & are we likely to get treatment there.
Or do I have to use the Kabupaten hospitals?

With BPJS you have to use your primary provider first, unless it is an emergency. Your primary provider (FasKes 1) should be listed on your card. They can then refer you to other facilities if needed.

Yes, that's the primary drawback of BPJS, you can't really select where to go, but if your FasKes 1 is decent you may be able to nudge them in the right direction.

hahaha... I'll stick with plan A - & sell the house if needed to pay for decent care ;)
No way I'd use the "primary provider".
They are the ones that left my BiL covered in blood & dirt, in a very grotty ward.

hahaha... I'll stick with plan A - & sell the house if needed to pay for decent care ;)
No way I'd use the "primary provider".
They are the ones that left my BiL covered in blood & dirt, in a very grotty ward.

Such a shame to have to sell the house....I hope it will never happen. Better get a nice private health insurance on top of the bpjs?
BTW the toll gate in soreang the new one is very nice.

Here are some prices BTW for rooms in hospitals:

http://www.biaya.net/2016/03/tarif-rawat-inap-rumah-sakit-di-bandung.html

Well done finding those Bandung hospital room rates but were they the same rates for everyone?
Here in Bali most private hospital rates differentiate between locals with a KTP, those with a Kitas/Kitap and visitors paying cash or thru' insurance.

Well done finding those Bandung hospital room rates but were they the same rates for everyone?
Here in Bali most private hospital rates differentiate between locals with a KTP, those with a Kitas/Kitap and visitors paying cash or thru' insurance.

Actually I was posting it only to give people here some guidance. There are and will be many questions on this forum about "How much does it cost to...... have this and that done". This website is a good guide to what expect to pay.

Maybe forum Mods would kindly link to this website mentioned in above post. I am pretty sure my post would end up hidden somewhere deep inside forum's inferno and forgotten.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819