Aviation info.

Wisnu

Charter Member
Mr. Trump's game apparently has dropped the airfare in this region.
Two weeks ago, I checked the business class Cairo - Jakarta for mid Jan was vary between euro 1700 - 2100. Two days ago, we booked Oman air for euro 1306 only. Very cheap for 12 hours flights excluding transit,
the cheapest biz class we ever booked.
Never use Oman air before. Let see, hope they serve good meal, champagne and wine.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Oman wasn’t bad at all, just a bit 70-ies style of the business class (Camry interior colors of 20 years ago). But food and functions all okay.

Only one issue; in Oman it seems nobody ever heard of pre boarding for business class etc. They just opened the gates for everyone. Hectic.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
As many suspected but Iran (obviously) still denies, it does seem they have some amazing morons in their air defense.

Unlike KLM and some other Airlines who avoid now flying over Iran/Iraq, Qatar Airways doesn't have a lot of alternatives because they're not allowed in the airspace of Qatar's neighboring countries.

For me this is really something to consider for our next trip.

Madiun_swede

Hi!
Any pilots in here? I'm a PPL holder about to visit my wife's home town Madiun for the first time (we currently live in Sweden). Would be fun to explore the region a bit from above, so: does anyone know if there are any small local airfields where one can rent a single engine plane for a few hours?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
And Garuda does it again....

A couple of weeks before the change of 1 October they announced the direct flight between Amsterdam and Jakarta will be replaced by a flight Amsterdam - Medan- Bali.

You can imagine the chaos and disbelief with the many customers who booked this flight already.

Example of someone I know:

departure
29/12 AMS-CGK 11:05-06:45 uur (30/12)

new flight:
29/12 AMS-DNP 11:05-11:05 uur
30/12 DNP-CGK 14:30-15:35 uur

So two stops and many more hours in the plane.

Smart to announce it more than two weeks in advance to avoid EU claims. But the amazing and scandalous thing is you could still book the ‘direct flight’.

On the site of Garuda a pop up screen appears:

Non-Stop Amsterdam - Jakarta from February 19, 2020
From February 19, 2020, Garuda Indonesia will resume the former schedule, the non-stop flight from Amsterdam to Jakarta (with departure from Jakarta on February 18).

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The Italian government will nationalize Alitalia.

KLM is cancelling 2.000 jobs and does not use the 747 anymore. Air France is doing the same for the Airbus A380.

Lufthansa is planning to cancel 23.000 flights in April.

And Garuda is one of the few airlines that says it's 'business-as-usual' and does not waive any rebooking fees.

Helpful Herbert

I'm going to predict that at the end of this there will only be national carriers left. I wouldn't mourn Lion Air but I'd be sad to see AirAsia go, I hope they survive (or get nationalised).

Vanhelsing

Cager

Debris of the crashed plane are seen at Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines, on Sunday. (Manila International Airport Authority Media Affairs Division via Reuters

Plane explosion in Philippines kills eight, including two foreigners

Manila, Philippines
Mon, March 30, 2020

A medical evacuation plane exploded during takeoff in the Philippine capital on Sunday, killing all eight passengers and crew, including an American and a Canadian, officials said.

The plane, owned by a Philippines-registered charter service Lionair, had been bound for Haneda, Japan, but burst into flames at the end of the runway around 8 p.m. (1200 GMT), Manila's main airport said.

Indonesian carrier Lion Air issued a statement making clear that it is unrelated to Manila-based Lionair.

Vanhelsing

Cager
Malaysia Airlines to reinstate some international flights to China, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand
Malaysia Airlines group chief executive officer Captain Izham Ismail said in a statement today many customers comprising Malaysians and foreigners have reached out to its global offices requesting for flights between Kuala Lumpur and Australia, New Zealand besides London in the UK.

For Australia, Malaysia Airlines said in the statement it will reinstate flights between Kuala Lumpur and Melbourne, as well as Sydney and Perth.

For New Zealand, Izham said the airline will reinstate its flights to Auckland.

For Indonesia, the airline will restart its Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta flights, and for China, it will reinstate its flights to Guangzhou.

Vanhelsing

Cager
18 Month Closure For Singapore’s Changi Airport T2
Changi Airport in Singapore has announced that they will be closing Terminal 2 for a period of 18 months from May 1. The suspension of operations from the 30-year-old terminal has been brought about due to the global impact on travel and aviation from the spread of COVID-19.

Singapore’s Minister for Transport, Khaw Boon Wan announced in Parliament on April 6 that airlines will be relocated to the airport’s other terminals and all of the nation’s flag carrier operations at Singapore Airlines will be consolidated in Terminal 3.

snpark

Cager
I imagine they are just taking the opportunity to renovate and improve the runway and terminal buildings rather than directly as a result of this. Smart move

Vanhelsing

Cager
Travellers allowed to transit through Changi Airport from June 2
SINGAPORE: Singapore will gradually allow travellers to transit through Changi Airport from Jun 2, as it prepares to ease some COVID-19 restrictions and reopen its borders.

"Stringent measures" will be put in place to ensure that the passengers remain in designated facilities in the transit area and do not mix with other passengers at the airport, said the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) on Wednesday (May 20).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m17tgw
Top Bottom