Apple iPhone 5s battery problem

Anglian

Charter Member
Cager
My daughters iPhone 5s has battery problems, it soon discharges and takes ages to recharge, is this due to an Apple update and is there any thing we can do about it, and does anybody else have or had this problem, or is it a new battery, I’m sure I read something a while back about this problem

You're probably thinking about the speed issue with older iPhones which are artificially made slower to save the battery?

This looks more like a charger issue (the white box); is it an official Apple part? There are a huge amount of issues with the cheap charger knock-offs and the fake USB lightning cables.

No it’s the original charger jstar, I have a feeling she is going to have to splash out, we’ve had it a while now, although could a new battery help, but if it’s the charging, still a replacement phone, Samsung ???

You're probably thinking about the speed issue with older iPhones which are artificially made slower to save the battery?

Yes.. and that's how mega corporations like Apple make so much money.

Not content to charge exorbitant prices for their products they then rip you off by deliberately slowing down their phones when they get older to force people to spend another 1000 bucks on a new one.

What's so surprising is that so many people fall for the same marketing tricks every time,

I was an iPhone user for 10 years. Now switched to Xiaomi. A quarter of the price and better in many ways

I wonder which other Chinese phones besides Huawei will be put on a blacklist by the FBI etc.?

I ordered a Doogee Android phone via AliXpress but there is a major issue with bloatware. There are pop-ups all the time and the ads etc. make the phone completely unusable. (It is not even sold in China btw.)

I
I ordered a Doogee Android phone via AliXpress but there is a major issue with bloatware.

Doogee.???

Hmm..Not one of the better known Chinese phones eh.

Xiaomi, Huawei Oppo, OnePlus are all excellent.

I wonder which other Chinese phones besides Huawei will be put on a blacklist by the FBI etc.?

I ordered a Doogee Android phone via AliXpress but there is a major issue with bloatware. There are pop-ups all the time and the ads etc. make the phone completely unusable. (It is not even sold in China btw.)

Doogee.???

Hmm..Not one of the better known Chinese phones eh.

Xiaomi, Huawei Oppo, OnePlus are all excellent.

The Doogee got raving reviews in the European tech press. But they -unlike my mother- probably did not use the phone for longer than a week or so.

About the Huawei news bomb:
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/14/technology/huawei-intelligence-chiefs/index.html

Does it have a 20+ Megapixel front camera for selfies? Otherwise...

:crazy:

I actually went to Ambs Mal (ITC Kuningan) because the screen was lifting up off my old iphone 5, she said the battery is corrupted (it still worked) so she changed it for a new battery 250rb and glued the screen back down and all still working fine

I guess the battery was swollen it is very old phone now anyway for 250 wasnt a big deal

Are the replacement batteries Apple batteries, or is that a daft question

you mean "genuine" ? well she said yes, and it fits and it works, so im not fussed for 250 i dont mind if it needs replacing next year again

I had the same issue with my iPhone 5S. Got the battery replaced and it was better for like 6 months, then worse than ever.

I decided that I'm done with Apple phones and their limitations. Just picked up a Samsung J7+ last week. It was a bit hectic getting all my data transferred/organized and then getting used to the new world of Android, but I'm very happy with what my new phone can do and definitely glad I switched. The one downside of the J7+ is that it only has 32GB (plenty for some but not if you have a larger music library, videos, etc.), so I got a 128GB micro SD card on Tokopedia. I'm set!

The other ones I considered were Xiaomi Mi A1 and Oppo F5. The latter was vetoed simply because they're most known for the "beautify selfie" and I'd never hear the end of it from my Indo friends. Just mentioning it one time was annoying enough lol.

Samsung has had their own battery issues; I am not convinced they are any more reliable than Apple.

I used Huawei mate 7 for 3 years before I retired it 3 month ago. No problem at all with the battery; the performance still very good. I keep it just in case problem with my new phone Vivo V7. I need dual sim card phone with separate SD card.
My wife use Huawei Mate 9, almost 2 years - so far so good.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiatestaging
Back