Air Asia starting to cancel.

Vanhelsing

Cager
My flight tomorrow on Air Asia from Lombok to Australia was just cancelled, with a member of another forum I belong to having just gone through KLIA reporting 90% of their flights have also been pulled.

I'm assuming the Lembar-Padang Bai ferries are still running?

I'm assuming the Lembar-Padang Bai ferries are still running?
I wouldn't assume anything at this point. And I wouldn't trust second-hand information from most sources, or day-old information even from a primary source. Good luck!

There is a Lombok & Gilis group on FB , you may get better info from there VH...

Also from what I see specific to your post they state basically lombok is shut for flights (international) & are linking through to something in this group stating very limited options- I am not a member of Balibogans....so I don't have a clue what those options are- might be worth joining if not a member
ok I cannot add the link to balibogans you will have to find it yourself xx

What I would plan for is potentially being here for at least another month... if at all possible, if you have any major issues, mail me or message me :)

There is a Lombok & Gilis group on FB , you may get better info from there VH...

Also from what I see specific to your post they state basically lombok is shut for flights (international) & are linking through to something in this group stating very limited options- I am not a member of Balibogans....so I don't have a clue what those options are- might be worth joining if not a member
ok I cannot add the link to balibogans you will have to find it yourself xx

What I would plan for is potentially being here for at least another month... if at all possible, if you have any major issues, mail me or message me :)
That's really very generous of you, BA, thank you.

I've got a driver taking me to Lembar first thing in the morning as it does indeed seem there are no flights from Lombok. Jetstar are flying until the 23rd from Bali, if their website is correct. And If the ferries are running it should be OK. But, well, it's all changing very quickly, as we know.

I was in Kathmandu in 2015 when Nepal was rocked by a large earthquake resulting in one hundred and twenty Australians forced to live on embassy grounds (I think I have a pic) for ten days when the Australian government sent a C130 (army heavy carrier plane) to evacuate us to Bangkok. If things get dire, I'd like to think the Australian government will again intervene. I believe they should during these types of events.

CMegmTAl.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to think the Australian government will again intervene. I believe they should during these types of events.

Hmm. Unlike many natural disasters, people could have seen this coming weeks ago...

My airasia flight got cancelled from sg to jkt, no email whatsoever. Only found out at the airport when i was going to drop off my bags at the counter. Managed to book a flight on garuda.

My JAK-SIN tomorrow was cancelled by AA but I predicted that and waited for them to cancel it not me so at least I get a full refund than me having to rebook

I got email, sms and an automated call

I guess you have to ensure you put the correct contact details

Full refund already processed even the insurance

And my SG SIN-JAK also cancelled and they already refunded that too and again received numerous updates email text and on the app. That was J class and I'm KF Elite Gold but they still always good with notifications

I've heard from a traveller this morning that the Indonesian government has issued a list of countries entitled to an emergency visa extension but could only find the following from a Bali Discovery article.

Sutrisno said that tourists using free-visas and visas-on-arrival initially valid for 30-days could, in case of an emergency, where they are unable to fly back to their home country, can request a dispensation from the Immigration Department. At the discretion of Indonesian Immigration, an emergency extension (perpanjangan daruat), such as have been issued to many citizens of the People’s Republic of China, can be granted.

ouch.
Do you think you will get home?

Not sure now, BA. How's Bandung this time of year? I'm kidding, of course.

If Indonesia is offering emergency extensions on VOA, I can put forward a good case for one with proof of two airlines (one my own national carrier) cancelling on me. I've shown effort or intent to go home.

Last edited:
IF you can get to Bdg & can sustain yourself financially we have a room here you may use,,,
Or go back to lombok, I know of a place you can stay longer term

Once again, your compassion and generosity is tremendously appreciated, BA. For now I've rebooked for tomorrow on Jetstar again thinking they cancelled an empty flight and are reshuffling bums on seats.

Once again, your compassion and generosity is tremendously appreciated, BA. For now I've rebooked for tomorrow on Jetstar again thinking they cancelled an empty flight and are reshuffling bums on seats.
Message me before you get completely stuck, I am human I have compassion, I give what I would hope for from my fellow human if the roles were reversed.
Often it pays back in spades ( of kindness).
My friend has a homestay in Kuta Lombok, I don't know if they are open for trade or not but may well make a longer term exception - again human compassion.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back