Travel advice website -useful.

Here is the latest published for Indonesia (3 days ago, so I assume this may well change soon, as the situation changes) :

"INDONESIA - published 12.03.2020

1. Passengers and airline crew who have been in China (People's Rep.) in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter or transit Indonesia.

- This does not apply to nationals of Indonesia.

- This does not apply to residents of Indonesia.

2. Passengers and airline crew who have been in Tehran, Qom or Gilan in Iran in the past 14 days are not allowed to transit or enter Indonesia.

3. Passengers and airline crew who have been in Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Marche or Piedmont in Italy in the past 14 days are not allowed to transit or enter Indonesia.

4. Passengers and airline crew who have been in Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do Province in Korea (Rep.) in the past 14 days are not allowed to transit or enter Indonesia.

The above restrictions 1, 2, 3, 4 do not apply to the following passengers:

- passengers with a visa issued by Indonesian Embassy; or

- passengers with an Indonesian Permanent Residence Card; or

- passengers with APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) coming from China (People's Rep.) if they can show valid Certificate of Health free from Covid-19 from their local health authorities. Health certificate must be in English; or

- passengers with Diplomatic Residence Permit and Official Residence Permit from China (People's Rep.), Italy, Iran and Korea (Rep.) if they can show valid Certificate of Health free from Covid-19 from their local health authorities. The health certificate must be in English; or

- passengers with expired Diplomatic Residence Permit and Official Residence Permit from China (People's Rep.), Italy, Iran and Korea (Rep.) if they can show valid Diplomat ID card or valid Identity card as employee of Foreign Representative working in Indonesia which issue by Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They must also have valid Certificate of Health free from Covid-19 from their local health authorities. The health certificate must be in English.

5. Visa Exemptions and Visa on Arrival facilities are no longer available to passengers who have been in the following areas in the past 14 days:

- China (People's Rep.); or

- Tehran, Qom or Gilan in Iran; or

- Lombardi, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Marche or Piedmont in Italy; or

- Daegu or Gyeongsangbuk-do Province in Korea (Rep.).

6. Passengers who in the past 14 days have been in areas within Iran, Italy or Korea (Rep.) other than the following mentioned areas must provide a valid health certificate. The certificate must be in English and have been issued at latest 7 days prior to departure from local health authority. It should contain information of (1) fit for travel and (2) free from respiratory disease.

- Tehran, Qom or Gilan in Iran;

- Lombardi, Veneto, Emilia Romagna, Marche or Piedmont in Italy;

- Daegu or Gyeongsangbuk-do Province in Korea (Rep.).

This does not apply to nationals of Indonesia.

7. Passengers arriving from Iran, Italy or Korea (Rep.) are required to complete a Health Alert Card (Kartu Kewaspadaan Kesehatan) issued by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia prior to arrival."

I just posted that link in my other thread, in response to your message. :)

With more and more countries/airlines closing down flights with almost no notice, at this point in time I would only consider travelling if I had a gun to my head... :(

If only I don't have business here, I would go to China to wait out the storm. The most dangerous place is the safest, or at least one of the safest now unless you will consider ice-cold Greenland.

Have had tickets since November for our annual visit arriving at the end of May. Next step, in a couple of weeks, is to apply for visas. If its logistically possible, we will follow the usual itinerary, transiting through Japan.

or even for business.

I'm working from home starting today. will occasionally visit office if necessary only.
If we have to travel, then it must be bussines critical trip (domestic only).

I'm working from home starting today. will occasionally visit office if necessary only.
If we have to travel, then it must be bussines critical trip (domestic only).
smart thinking there :)

All the places to eat out have been restricted, by order of the Iowa Governor, to curb service only; no sit down restaurant meals until further notice. Schools likewise are restricted to virtual classes; many employers are instituting work-from-home programs, as well. My to-do list of household chores may finally get some attention.

All the places to eat out have been restricted, by order of the Iowa Governor, to curb service only; no sit down restaurant meals until further notice. Schools likewise are restricted to virtual classes; many employers are instituting work-from-home programs, as well. My to-do list of household chores may finally get some attention.
I doubt you guys will be flying here as planned x
Best wishes & best of luck to all of you (us?)
Let's hope our forum community survives intact and healthy

I know some people who left Europe on Monday, for a vacation on Bali. And yes, in two weeks they will appear in a newspaper article in their home country complaining about their embassy, demanding their government takes action and repatriates them.
:violin:

I know some people who left Europe on Monday, for a vacation on Bali. And yes, in two weeks they will appear in a newspaper article in their home country complaining about their embassy, demanding their government takes action and repatriates them.
:der: There is no cure for stupid.

More likely they’ll want their government to pay for another month of “quarantine” in Bali.

My younger daughter is in Ohio. No school activity, on-line only, no tournament (she's tennis player) since 2 weeks ago. So, I asked her to visit us in Egypt or going home to Jakarta or Bali.
She refused as she hoped the practice session with her team and coaches still possible.
Unfortunately not, most of students including her team and coach are leaving. She's alone at home, practically no activity. Too late to visit us.
Not much or probably nothing we can do.

My younger daughter is in Ohio. No school activity, on-line only, no tournament (she's tennis player) since 2 weeks ago. So, I asked her to visit us in Egypt or going home to Jakarta or Bali.
She refused as she hoped the practice session with her team and coaches still possible.
Unfortunately not, most of students including her team and coach are leaving. She's alone at home, practically no activity. Too late to visit us.
Not much or probably nothing we can do.
Oh Wisnu, that must be quite a worry for you :(

Hopefully she can bond with other students. Sharing your problems with like minded students can form a lifelong connection.

Currently waiting for Air China to cancel my end-of-May & returning mid-June flights to the US. I figure it will be easier to get a refund after the airline cancels the flights.

Reading this I think I wouldn't wait.

You never know if there's not some small print on terms & conditions...

And it's a bit of a sword of Damocles to wait if a flight will be canceled.

As you can see at the bottom, they added this option:

Reasons for Refund*
Please select one of the following options:
Personal reason(s)
Flight cancellation/delay/New Coronavirus(2019-nCoV) epidemic situation (Confirmation of flight cancellation/delay/New Coronavirus(2019-nCoV) will be based on the information from Air China's system and regulation. The request will be processed as "due to personal reasons" if the conditions on flight cancellation/delay/New Coronavirus(2019-nCoV) epidemic situation are not met.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Catur88
Back