Acknowledgment Letter Of Marriage For Immigration?

Lila

Hello and thank you in advance for taking time to respond. Immigration requests I include a "Letter of Acknowledgment" of our marriage and no objections from the U.S. Embassy. I am U.S. citizen married in the U.S.A. to my Indonesian wife and have come to Jakarta, Indonesia on Social Visa. I am gathering required documents for ITAS. Question(s) - Does the U.S. Embassy draw up this letter? If not, has anyone had to do this yet? Can you provide an example letter? Thanks...Mike V.

Last edited:

dafluff

Cager
Hello and thank you in advance for taking time to respond. Immigration requests I include a "Letter of Acknowledgment" of our marriage and no objections from the U.S. Embassy. I am U.S. citizen married in the U.S.A. to my Indonesian wife and have come to Jakarta, Indonesia on Social Visa. I am gathering required documents for ITAS. Question(s) - Does the U.S. Embassy draw up this letter? If not, has anyone had to do this yet? Can you provide an example letter? Thanks...Mike V.
I think the letter of no objection/acknowledgment applies if you were married in Indonesia. They just want to know that your marriage is recognized in your home country (USA). Since you were married in the US, I don't think you need this letter.

What you do need is a letter showing that you reported the marriage to the Indonesian embassy/consulate in the US (Surat Keterangan Lapor Nikah).

This letter then needs to be taken to the local Catatan Sipil (civil registry), and you will get a letter stating that the marriage is registered in Indonesia (Tanda Bukti Laporan Perkawinan).

Lila

Thanks for responding. We have registered our marriage as stated. We even showed him the documents of registered marriage, etc. I showed him our original Texas marriage license as well. I explained this to Immigration but the gentleman I spoke with seemed to think it is necessary to have something from U.S. embassy. I didn't want to argue the point so i just smiled, said o.k. and went about my way

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanmaro