5yr second home visa

Foreign bank? 🤭 In Indonesia?

it even should be a governmental bank as BRI, BNI, Mandiri, …

anyone applied if funds should be in indo bank or can be in foreign bank
"Saya menyanggupi untuk memiliki Proof of Fund berupa Rekening milik dan atas nama Saya pada Bank Milik Negara dengan nilai sekurang-kurangnya Rp. 2.000.000.000 (dua milyar rupiah) atau Bukti kepemilikan properti di Indonesia milik atas nama Saya"

"I undertake to have a Proof of Fund in the form of an account owned and in my name at a state-owned bank with a minimum value of Rp. 2,000,000,000 (two billion rupiahs) or proof of ownership of property in Indonesia belonging to me"

Do some research, think twice before you commit to lock your money 2b rupiahs for five years In Indonesian state banks. If you intend to stay longer it is probably better to have proof of ownership of property ?

"Meanwhile, Napitupulu said that so far there has been no application for a second home visa for Bali. Because of this, no foreigner has issued a second home visa at Ngurah Rai Airport yet."

😁😁😁😄😄😄

That's hilarious. Imagine if one person actually does apply, they will probably get the red carpet treatment at the airport, with the governor driving them to their hotel.

That's hilarious. Imagine if one person actually does apply, they will probably get the red carpet treatment at the airport, with the governor driving them to their hotel.
Or perhaps no one there because the 2nd home visa officers have gone for an extended, as in four hours, lunch because it has been so quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Saya menyanggupi untuk memiliki Proof of Fund berupa Rekening milik dan atas nama Saya pada Bank Milik Negara dengan nilai sekurang-kurangnya Rp. 2.000.000.000 (dua milyar rupiah) atau Bukti kepemilikan properti di Indonesia milik atas nama Saya"

"I undertake to have a Proof of Fund in the form of an account owned and in my name at a state-owned bank with a minimum value of Rp. 2,000,000,000 (two billion rupiahs) or proof of ownership of property in Indonesia belonging to me"

Do some research, think twice before you commit to lock your money 2b rupiahs for five years In Indonesian state banks. If you intend to stay longer it is probably better to have proof of ownership of property ?
I'm a bit confused as page doesn't say it has to be an Indonesian bank? Someone else has said the same as you but I couldn't locate that part just
  • Proof of Fund in the form of an account owned by a foreigner or Guarantor with a value of at least IDR 2,000,000,000.00 (two billion rupiah) or equivalent;

I've also been told the cost 85 million per person yet the Indonesian website to apply says its
3 million. I've made an inquiry with the 1 local I know and he said . The immigration person said should have an Indonesian Bank account... And your Bank account minimal have money 2 billion

I'm going to have a meeting with them this week to try and clarify. Probably come out more confused than I went in. 4 day turn around for a visa seems like a miracle as well.

Cheers
Jon

Attachments

• VISA_RUMAH_KEDUA_-_Direktorat_Jenderal_Imigrasi.jpg
    VISA_RUMAH_KEDUA_-_Direktorat_Jenderal_Imigrasi.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 76
  • VISA_RUMAH_KEDUA_-_Direktorat_Jenderal_Imigrasi.jpg
    VISA_RUMAH_KEDUA_-_Direktorat_Jenderal_Imigrasi.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 71
@JonnyG : ‘State (owned) bank‘ or Bank Milik Negara here means Indonesian governmental bank.

I'm a bit confused as page doesn't say it has to be an Indonesian bank? Someone else has said the same as you but I couldn't locate that part just
  • Proof of Fund in the form of an account owned by a foreigner or Guarantor with a value of at least IDR 2,000,000,000.00 (two billion rupiah) or equivalent;
I've also been told the cost 85 million per person yet the Indonesian website to apply says its
3 million. I've made an inquiry with the 1 local I know and he said . The immigration person said should have an Indonesian Bank account... And your Bank account minimal have money 2 billion
I'm going to have a meeting with them this week to try and clarify. Probably come out more confused than I went in. 4 day turn around for a visa seems like a miracle as well.
Cheers
Jon

@JonnyG
It is in appendices (see attached)

Attachments

• SE IMI-0820.GR.01.01 TAHUN 2022 - VISA DAN IZIN TINGGAL RUMAH KEDUA_Page_1.jpg
    SE IMI-0820.GR.01.01 TAHUN 2022 - VISA DAN IZIN TINGGAL RUMAH KEDUA_Page_1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 68
  • SE IMI-0820.GR.01.01 TAHUN 2022 - VISA DAN IZIN TINGGAL RUMAH KEDUA_Page_3.jpg
    SE IMI-0820.GR.01.01 TAHUN 2022 - VISA DAN IZIN TINGGAL RUMAH KEDUA_Page_3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
BAli business consulting - SECOND HOME VISA
(Available only for offshore)

WHAT IS A SECOND HOME VISA
With Circular Number IMI-0740. GR.01.01 of 2022, issued by the Directorate General of Immigration in October 2022, Indonesia’s Second Home Visas and Limited Stay Permits are finally available for application. This latest addition to the country’s immigration policy allows foreigners to stay in Indonesian territory for 5 (five) to 10 (ten) years. A second home visa is a non-work visa granted to foreigners and their families who want to live permanently in Indonesia. Non-work visa activities include investing (not written in notary paperwork as an investor), tourism visits, and retirement.

WHO CAN APPLY
Any foreigner who fulfills the requirements and is at least 19 years old may apply for a second home visa.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for Second Home Visa holder:
1. Passport with validity minimum 36 months;
2. Sign of letter statement commitment to stating proof of fund will be provided by the applicant with a minimum balance of IDR2,000,000,000 or equivalent to US$150,000 / property (Hak Pakai) of IDR5,000,000,000 / apartment of IDR2,000,000,000;
3. Passport-sized photo (4x6cm, white background);
4. CV (curriculum vitae).

Requirements for a family visa (dependant) under a second home visa holder:
2. Passport-sized photo (4x6cm, white background);
3. Scanned e-visa of the second home visa holder;
4. Proof of relationship with the second home visa holder such as marriage certificate in English, birth certificate in English, and family card in English (this means families such as wife, kids, and parents can apply).

HOW IS THE PROCESS
1. Collecting all the data and submitting a user visa registration online take 1-3 working day;
2. E-visa processing takes 7-10 working days;
3. Once the e-visa is ready, you can use it to enter Indonesia; entrance at the airport is through the ITAS section. Your picture will be taken at the airport, and you will get your ITAS immediately;
4. Airport immigration will stamp your passport stating you must provide proof of fund/property within 90 days;
5. We can assist you in making a state-owned bank account (BNI, BRI, Mandiri Bank) where you will transfer your fund in the amount equal to US$150,000 and show it to immigration as proof of fund. You can put this money in a regular account and use it. However, when there’s a notification of checking from immigration, make sure the balance on the account is still equal to US$150,000;
6. For proof of property, you only need to show an Hak Pakai;
7. In case of a foreigner cannot show proof of fund/property in an Indonesian state-owned bank within 90 days, the ITAS will be canceled by the immigration.

HOW MUCH IS THE PRICE
1. Second Home ITAS (5 years) with multiple reentry permit (2 years): IDR30,000,000
2. Second Home Family ITAS (5 years) with multiple reentry permit (2 years): IDR25,000,000
3. Extensions must be done 3 months before expiration and will be valid for another 5 years

Note: the multiple reentry permit must be reapplied every 2 years with a cost of IDR2,000,000

BAli business consulting - SECOND HOME VISA
(Available only for offshore)

WHAT IS A SECOND HOME VISA
With Circular Number IMI-0740. GR.01.01 of 2022, issued by the Directorate General of Immigration in October 2022, Indonesia’s Second Home Visas and Limited Stay Permits are finally available for application. This latest addition to the country’s immigration policy allows foreigners to stay in Indonesian territory for 5 (five) to 10 (ten) years. A second home visa is a non-work visa granted to foreigners and their families who want to live permanently in Indonesia. Non-work visa activities include investing (not written in notary paperwork as an investor), tourism visits, and retirement.

WHO CAN APPLY
Any foreigner who fulfills the requirements and is at least 19 years old may apply for a second home visa.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for Second Home Visa holder:
2. Sign of letter statement commitment to stating proof of fund will be provided by the applicant with a minimum balance of IDR2,000,000,000 or equivalent to US$150,000 / property (Hak Pakai) of IDR5,000,000,000 / apartment of IDR2,000,000,000;
3. Passport-sized photo (4x6cm, white background);
4. CV (curriculum vitae).

Requirements for a family visa (dependant) under a second home visa holder:
2. Passport-sized photo (4x6cm, white background);
3. Scanned e-visa of the second home visa holder;
4. Proof of relationship with the second home visa holder such as marriage certificate in English, birth certificate in English, and family card in English (this means families such as wife, kids, and parents can apply).

HOW IS THE PROCESS
1. Collecting all the data and submitting a user visa registration online take 1-3 working day;
2. E-visa processing takes 7-10 working days;
3. Once the e-visa is ready, you can use it to enter Indonesia; entrance at the airport is through the ITAS section. Your picture will be taken at the airport, and you will get your ITAS immediately;
4. Airport immigration will stamp your passport stating you must provide proof of fund/property within 90 days;
5. We can assist you in making a state-owned bank account (BNI, BRI, Mandiri Bank) where you will transfer your fund in the amount equal to US$150,000 and show it to immigration as proof of fund. You can put this money in a regular account and use it. However, when there’s a notification of checking from immigration, make sure the balance on the account is still equal to US$150,000;
6. For proof of property, you only need to show an Hak Pakai;
7. In case of a foreigner cannot show proof of fund/property in an Indonesian state-owned bank within 90 days, the ITAS will be canceled by the immigration.

HOW MUCH IS THE PRICE
1. Second Home ITAS (5 years) with multiple reentry permit (2 years): IDR30,000,000
2. Second Home Family ITAS (5 years) with multiple reentry permit (2 years): IDR25,000,000
3. Extensions must be done 3 months before expiration and will be valid for another 5 years

Note: the multiple reentry permit must be reapplied every 2 years with a cost of IDR2,000,000

Wow thanks for that JonnyQ

So not only do they take 2M from you that who knows if you will ever get it back, but you also have to pay 30jt+ for the privilege

HOW MUCH IS THE PRICE
This bit is very interesting. The fact that you could not open a Bank AC in Indonesia if you are not an Indonesian residence making this scheme is prone to scammers.

This is not a prejudice as this might be a legit offer currently. But need to be extra careful. Just remember recently how thousands of people have fallen into Bogus Robo Trading, Binary trading in Indonesia. Many of them are well educated.

But anyway evidence has shown this second home visa is not attractive, looking into the applicant numbers to this date. Not many sensible people would want to lock their hard earning cash of US$150,000 in Indonesian Owned state banks, for the sake of Second home visa. You will never know that another circular letter in the future asking you to convert your money to be converted to a bogus investments or you lose it. Also, there are other regions in South East Asia, other part of Asia offering a more attractive schemes.

Or even better in sunny part of Europe such as Portugal, Spain with a better social security systems for all permanent residence, if you want to do it via investment route where your US$150,000 could work harder.

Last edited:
And even if the 130 K USD is not "nicked", what will it be worth in 10 or 15 years ?

IMO, it's money that you write off 100% in your balance sheet as soon you pay it.

And even if the 130 K USD is not "nicked", what will it be worth in 10 or 15 years ?

I think this is being a bit dramatic. Are you suggesting a government bank in Indonesia will "nick" your money? Thats rediculous.

Also if its put into some kind of long term investment program within the bank, it could be worth quite a bit more in 10 to 15 years, providing that there is not another crash of the rupiah again. Rupiah interest rates are better than many other currencies.

I think this is being a bit dramatic. Are you suggesting a government bank in Indonesia will "nick" your money? Thats rediculous.

Also if its put into some kind of long term investment program within the bank, it could be worth quite a bit more in 10 to 15 years, providing that there is not another crash of the rupiah again. Rupiah interest rates are better than many other currencies.
Not necessarily ridiculous but hopefully a remote possibility. In a world of great flux and downward spiraling economies anything is possible. Look at the poor buggers in Lebanon. Money in the bank and people having to resort to armed holdups to withdraw any of their own funds.

As for inflation, there is the extreme case of Zimbabwe with the bank printing 100 billion dollar notes that became worthless.
1675652875192.png

Attachments

• 1675652850810.png
    1675652850810.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 65
Give $150,000 to an Indonesian bank or marry a local and spend $150,000 over the course of a few years? I see more benefits in one of those transactions. :ROFLMAO:

Give $150,000 to an Indonesian bank or marry a local and spend $150,000 over the course of a few years? I see more benefits in one of those transactions. :ROFLMAO:
Although I bet that with savings of $150,000 at BCA you would be getting a lot of calls and messages from the girls in their marketing department

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819